Sign in to follow this  
Niner49er

Brandon Marshall on TNF

Anyone rolling with B Marsh tonight on TNF? I've been rolling with him as a starting WR, but these TNF games scare the heck out of me, plus he's banged up and on a short week. I just have the feeling that the Jets may go ultra conservative tonight with Fitz's sore thumb and running Ivory. I have other secondary options with better matchups, such as Diggs and Davante Adams, that I am strongly considering swapping him out. My opponent has Decker, so I am tempted to have some skin in the game. But I'm torn.

Anyone else going through a similiar dilemma about whether to play him tonight or not?

Also debating between Marshall and Diggs. I love the matchup for Diggs vs. OAK, but Bridgewater needs to play. I'm still undecided.

Also, Thursday Night Football sucks.

I think I would roll with Marshall .

Marshall is a top 10 WR right now. Would you really consider sitting him?

So is AJ Green, who I have and played last TNF, and he stunk it up. Marshall and his QB are also banged up, which makes the decision even more difficult.

So is AJ Green, who I have and played last TNF, and he stunk it up. Marshall and his QB are also banged up, which makes the decision even more difficult.

This is the definition of overthinking.

I have a bunch of good wrs at this point (Allen Robinson, Marshall, Calvin, Hurns, Landry, Cooks, Diggs, Snead) and may be sitting Marshall too.. Last week he wouldn't have done much at all if it weren't for that late td..

Fitz had difficulty throwing deeper passes (short on the deep pass to marshall) and considering some of the other better matchups (Diggs vs oak, Cooks vs wash, Landry vs eagles) makes me want to go in a different direction, as hard as it is to sit BMarsh..

DFS has changed my way of thinking - to take chances on quality guys with good matchups over the A.S.Y.S. way of thinking from past seasons..

I am feverishly attempting to trade some depth in 2 for 1 wr deals to land a few more top end wr options for the playoffs but the clock is ticking with game time being hours from now...

I will still probably end up starting Marshall and hoping he gets a bunch of short catches and a td, but I'm less confident than usual due to last weeks "almost" sinker he put up and don't want to be left holding the bag if he goes 5 for 53 with no td while guys like Diggs, Landry, Cooks, and even Snead or Hurns (if he plays) do a lot more damage Sunday...

Crazy part is ill debate this up until game time, then Sunday ill watch Calvin go 5 for 71 with no td and be kicking myself for starting him again...

Fantasy Life's a b*tch, but dam she has a pretty face....

I'd be interested to know if there's actually data showing a dropoff in production in Thursday games. Looking just briefly, weeks 4 and 5 were the first times no team scored in the 30s, and Forsett and Hopkins still went off in those games. Watson and Freeman went off in week 6 and the Saints were over 30. Week 7 was the Hawks/SF dud, Pats put up points in week 8 all over the place, Eifert exploded last week.

Those seem like normal games to me.