Sign in to follow this  
Machismo

Byepocalypse advice

I have a couple of players on BYE this week but do not have backups; I could pickup two players for the week, but am hesitant to drop anyone on my bench.

Here's my team (players in parentheses are those on my bench):

Brady

Bell/Gordon (Booker/Dixon/D. Williams/Henry)

Julio/Evans/Hilton (Adams/Fuller)

Eifert

Bailey

Bills D

So Brady and Eifert are the two players on BYE. To pickup another QB/TE, I'd probably drop Fuller and one of my RBs (not Booker).

Like I said, I'm hesitant to drop anyone, my team is 6-2, and Julio/Evans have already gotten me 53.6 points, so I'm wondering if I can gamble and not pick anyone up?

This is the lineup of the team I'm playing against:

Newton/D. Murray/Crowell/Beckham/Benjamin/Devante Parker/Kelce/Janikowski/Seahawks D

What do you guys think? Should I just ride it out and see what happens? Or if I were to drop players, which ones should I drop?

Thanks.

Here's what I would do...

Drop Fuller and pick up the QB you want today. You don't want to throw away an easy 15-20 pts, and Fuller is in a huge rut so not enough upside to worry about losing from your WR5.

Dixon and Balt play at the noon game, so track his usage and see how he's being used. If he looks like he's going to take the job eventually, then I'd roll with no TE for the rest of the games to see if you can win without rostering a TE.

If he doesn't look like he's worth keeping or you're just not sure yet, you can pick up Lance Kendricks for the 3 PM game. Or, you'll have available V. Green, Clay, Walford, Rivera for the Sun/Mon night games if you want to push off even further before making a decision. He only has Janikowski and Sea D in the late late games, so you should have a pretty good idea of what you need by that point, and whether it's worth adding the TE.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice. I probably will drop Fuller for a QB.

The only problem I see with the Dixon situation is that once he starts playing, he's locked for the week and wouldn't be able to drop him.

Thanks for the advice. I probably will drop Fuller for a QB.

The only problem I see with the Dixon situation is that once he starts playing, he's locked for the week and wouldn't be able to drop him.

really? which site? If so, that sucks.

I play on Yahoo, and our bench doesn't lock to drop (only starters do) after games start, so it's great for this type of scenario. I once this year made 4 roster moves involving 1 slot trying to luck into a relevant RB, and hit on Jordan Howard the week that Langford got hurt.

I would not worry so much about picking up a weak Te.

I would also suggest dropping Fuller , who's not producing much lately.

I would get yourself a Qb.