Sign in to follow this  
juniorjuhl

Overall value shows #Value! after adjusting Baseline adjust factor to .6

I adjusted the Baseline adjust factor for K to .6 (too many kickers showing up too early for my taste and I have to auto-draft this year). When I complied the value in the overall tab shows #Value! and all kickers show up grouped together between the positive and negative values. Any ideas what happened?

Not sure jj. Do you want to send me your copy of Draft Buddy and I will take a look? mike@draftbuddy.com

We don't usually see this because as you know I have Draft Buddy set by default to exclude K from the overall rankings. With the Compiler Recommended overall drafting method, I already have K heavily adjusted. You can see this from the line "Current baseline rank" (before your adjustment) and the rank of the K baseline from the method is 1.2 (rounds to the 1st ranked K).

It is already about as far as it can go comparing to the 1st ranked K. Adding more adjustment takes it beyond 1 and is creating the error. Not that I realized it would do that - sorry - but we aren't really able to move those kickers down the overall rankings any further mathematically. That is why Matt Bryant, the top K, has a Value of 0 (nil). He is the baseline K.

In terms of your auto-draft, I think you should just subjectively move the players way down your list. In fact, can you input the picks by round? Pick a late round in the draft and only put in a bunch of kickers. Or... if you can drop a player and add a kicker before the season, you could even remove the kickers completely. There will still be good enough players available. I suspect there will be some K changes by some teams, even good teams (like the Chargers potentially), right before the start of the season.