Sign in to follow this  
ChargersSB

Deandre Hopkins Trade Away?

I was offered Keenan Allen for Deandre Hopkins, but declined. They then asked who I wanted. We each have the following. I normally don't do trades as I am not good at them.

My Team: J. Winston, M. Mariota

L. Fitzgerald, D. Hopkins, D. Thomas, A. Cooper, Mike Williams

D. Murray, M. Ingram, C. Thompson, W. Gallman, T. Montgomery,

H. Henry

There Team: C. Newton,

K. Allen, M. Thomas, A. Thielen, K. Benjamin

L. Bell, K. Hunt, C. Anderson, A. Abdullah, B. Powell, D. Mcfadden, A. Morris. E. Elliott

Z. Ertz

Should I propose a different trade or not trade at all?

The only way i see this helping you out is if you do a 2 for 2. See how bad he wants Hopkins. Upgrade your running backs so you can flex 1.

Give: Hopkins and TY Montgomery

Receive: Keenan Allen and CJ Anderson

It is a long shot, but why not.

The 1 for 1 trading a WR for a WR doesn't benefit you at all.

I was looking at Hopkins compared to Allen and they are somewhat close in terms of receptions/yards. Hopkins has more touchdowns. Seems like Montgomery will be in more of a committee going forward and maybe miss some time with his ribs. Do you think Mike Williams coming in on the Chargers now will affect Keenan though going forward?

I like Hopkins upside more than Allen's. Allen I am sure will still get a lot of targets, but he has a lot more competition around him for targets than Hopkins. Allen has two tight ends, Benjamin, and Ty Williams to fend off. It is really just Hopkins and Fuller for catches in Houston.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Allen has a lot of competition around him and it seems that Hopkins and Deshaun Watson have been building a rapport. Thanks for the tips. I think I'll leave it as is, no trade.

Here are 2 websites that assign trade values for every player........start there and play with different scenarios.

scottsind is absolutely correct, trading WRs 1 for 1 doesn't help you. You need to leverage Deandre into a great RB (your team's weakness) and a good WR. Off the top of my head I was thinking Deandre for CJ Anderson and Theilen (or Kelvin Benjamin) or Ty and Deandre for M thomas and CJ. Your trading partner has a lot of extra depth he can't use at RB and he clearly is solely focused on getting Hopkins........he will give you far more than the trade charts dictate. Let us know what you decide.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/10/fantasy-football-trade-values-week-6/

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-6-travis-kelce-marcus-mariota-devanta-parker-trade-values-chart/

Hopkins

Cooper

Ty Mont

Allen

Hunt.

Thanks for the post.

Very interesting offer.

Offered a couple of those trades suggested but he rejected.

Be patient.......he will come back to you next week. He wants his prize which is Hopkins. He will ultimately accept Ty Montgomery/Hopkins for CJ/Allen or CJ/M. Thomas. He will not trade K. Hunt because that is his draft badge of honor.

I was offered Keenan Allen for Deandre Hopkins, but declined. They then asked who I wanted. We each have the following. I normally don't do trades as I am not good at them.

My Team: J. Winston, M. Mariota

L. Fitzgerald, D. Hopkins, D. Thomas, A. Cooper, Mike Williams

D. Murray, M. Ingram, C. Thompson, W. Gallman, T. Montgomery,

H. Henry

There Team: C. Newton,

K. Allen, M. Thomas, A. Thielen, K. Benjamin

L. Bell, K. Hunt, C. Anderson, A. Abdullah, B. Powell, D. Mcfadden, A. Morris. E. Elliott

Z. Ertz

Should I propose a different trade or not trade at all?

you could use an upgrade at RB, but the other guy does not seem to have much you are likely to acquire because Bell and Hunt are likely untouchable, and his backups arent great.

I dont like his WR either. Not for what you are giving up.

Honestly, I dont think there is a good trade here for you.

sometimes the best trades are the ones you dont make.