Sign in to follow this  
Huskerfangary

Importing past scoring

Hi there, we have an unusual scoring system so any rankings from other sights don't work very well.

The good news is I have the last 3 years final points for each player in excel format.

Can I import that into FFBuddy some how?

Thanks

Hi Gary. I suppose you could. You would use Projection Pal and import this data into the custom fields on each positions tab - Custom 1, 2 and 3. Let me know if you need more details about using Pal and the custom fields.

However, Draft Buddy includes stats the prior 3 years for all players. If you go to the QB tab, scroll a bit to the right and notice the two "+" signs near the top. Those are hiding some columns. I think by memory it is the second one, click that, and then columns will appear showing the calculated fantasy points for not only 2018 projections, but also 2015-2017 stats.

Did you want to show these points on the "-notes" cheatsheets?

Thanks for your response. I think you missed the point. For example, we play 2 qb's so we draft 14-18 qb's in the first 24 picks. Really!

So, the prior 3 year stats in draft buddy do me no good. Or any other scoring system for that matter.

BUT, I do have our stats from the last 3 years that I can try to import. Having trouble loggin in at the moment.

Okay. Your login shouldn't change from the time your purchased. We keep member access to the download folder open all preseason.

Even with the 2 QB setup, Draft Buddy will calculate the projected points - or points scored in prior years - if you input your league scoring on the scoring tab. In terms of 2 QB, you can specify 2 QB starters (and other settings) on the rules tab. I would probably change the overall ranking method on the options tab from "Draft Pick Recommended" to "Median Player Drafted". Then hit Compile Cheatsheets and the points / rankings are updated everywhere to reflect your league.

Or import the prior year points as discussed to show them in the custom fields.

I figured it out so I'm in. Thanks.

and thanks again for the help. We actually drafted 21 out of 26 qb's in the first 2 rounds. 3 rb's, and 2 wr's.

So, I set everything up but the proposed draft picks are not even close. How can I weigh it more heavily for qb's?

For example, here is our draft from last year. Many teams pick qb 1st and 2nd pick.

Round 1

1. RUNNING REBELS - Tom Brady QB, NWE

2. DIRTY DOZEN - Aaron Rodgers QB, GNB

3. BUCS - Drew Brees QB, NOR

4. Mudheads - David Johnson RB, ARI

5. HEAD SKINS - Le'Veon Bell RB, PIT

6. STAYIN ON TOP - Antonio Brown WR, PIT

7. 69ERS - Matt Ryan QB, ATL

8. Green Bay Muds - Derek Carr QB, OAK

9. Win - Kirk Cousins QB, WAS

10. ESPN HIGHLIGHTS - Eli Manning QB, NYG

11. Stinky Pinky - Russell Wilson QB, SEA

12. SMB - Marcus Mariota QB, TEN

13. Husker Nation - Jameis Winston QB, TAM

Round 2

1. Husker Nation - Dak Prescott QB, DAL

2. SMB - Cam Newton QB, CAR

3. Stinky Pinky - Ben Roethlisberger QB, PIT

4. ESPN HIGHLIGHTS - DeMarco Murray RB, TEN

5. Win - Brandin Cooks WR, NWE

6. Green Bay Muds - Andrew Luck QB, IND

7. 69ERS - Philip Rivers QB, LAC

8. STAYIN ON TOP - Matthew Stafford QB, DET

9. HEAD SKINS - Andy Dalton QB, CIN

10. Mudheads - Carson Palmer QB, ARI

11. BUCS - Alex Smith QB, KAN

12. DIRTY DOZEN - Carson Wentz QB, PHI

13. RUNNING REBELS - Joe Flacco QB, BAL

Round 3

1. RUNNING REBELS - Julio Jones WR, ATL

2. DIRTY DOZEN - Odell Beckham Jr. WR, NYG

3. BUCS - Melvin Gordon RB, LAC

4. Mudheads - Jordy Nelson WR, GNB

5. HEAD SKINS - A.J. Green WR, CIN

6. STAYIN ON TOP - Devonta Freeman RB, ATL

7. 69ERS - Mike Evans WR, TAM

8. Green Bay Muds - Ezekiel Elliott RB, DAL

9. Win - LeSean McCoy RB, BUF

10. ESPN HIGHLIGHTS - Sam Bradford QB, MIN

11. Stinky Pinky - Jay Ajayi RB, MIA

12. SMB - Michael Thomas WR, NOR

13. Husker Nation - Jordan Howard RB, CHI

Round 4

1. Husker Nation - Amari Cooper WR, OAK

2. SMB - Dez Bryant WR, DAL

3. Stinky Pinky - Doug Baldwin WR, SEA

4. ESPN HIGHLIGHTS - Tyreek Hill WR, KAN

5. Win - Travis Kelce TE, KAN

6. Green Bay Muds - Christian McCaffrey RB, CAR

7. 69ERS - Kareem Hunt RB, KAN

8. STAYIN ON TOP - Jay Cutler QB, MIA

9. HEAD SKINS - Todd Gurley RB, LAR

10. Mudheads - Dalvin Cook RB, MIN

11. BUCS - Terrelle Pryor WR, WAS

12. DIRTY DOZEN - Rob Gronkowski TE, NWE

13. RUNNING REBELS - T Y Hilton WR, IND

Round 5

1. RUNNING REBELS - Lamar Miller RB, HOU

2. DIRTY DOZEN - Isaiah Crowell RB, CLE

3. BUCS - Marshawn Lynch RB, OAK

4. Mudheads - Keenan Allen WR, LAC

5. HEAD SKINS - Tyrod Taylor QB, BUF

6. STAYIN ON TOP - Demaryius Thomas WR, DEN

7. 69ERS - Leonard Fournette RB, JAC

8. Green Bay Muds - Davante Adams WR, GNB

9. Win - Carlos Hyde RB, SFO

10. ESPN HIGHLIGHTS - DeSean Jackson WR, TAM

11. Stinky Pinky - Joe Mixon RB, CIN

12. SMB - C.J. Anderson RB, DEN

13. Husker Nation - DeAndre Hopkins WR, HOU

Round 6

1. Husker Nation - Ameer Abdullah RB, DET

2. SMB - Ty Montgomery RB, GNB

3. Stinky Pinky - Martavis Bryant WR, PIT

4. ESPN HIGHLIGHTS - Golden Tate WR, DET

5. Win - Ted Ginn Jr. WR, NOR

6. Green Bay Muds - Michael Crabtree WR, OAK

7. 69ERS - Kelvin Benjamin WR, CAR

8. STAYIN ON TOP - Randall Cobb WR, GNB

9. HEAD SKINS - Alshon Jeffery WR, PHI

10. Mudheads - Doug Martin RB, TAM

11. BUCS - Mike Gillislee RB, NWE

12. DIRTY DOZEN - Robert Kelley RB, WAS

13. RUNNING REBELS - Jarvis Landry WR, MIA

Head Skins and 69'ers was a close 2nd. Neither had a great draft I don't think. Plus we allow trades and there were quite a few trades during the season.

I think Gurley was a big surprise for Head Skins. Our league also rewards big time for longer touchdowns. So, an 80 yard touchdown is worth like 40 points.

I tinkered around with baseline adjust factor on the Options tab and I got it to project 17 out of 24 picks for qb's in the first 2 rounds.

Okay, they got Gurley, but I was curious because that team in particular really underwhelmed at QB in the draft. Took 2 in the first 6 rounds but waited to the 2nd (Dalton) and then 5th (Tyrod Taylor). Otherwise started Lev Bell, A.J. Green, Gurley, Alshon.

69ers started 2 QB with Ryan - who way underperformed - and Rivers - who was fine. Then grabbed Evans, Hunt, Fournette. Don't you think it was the Hunt-Fournette that helped him finish 2nd more than the QBs?

My point being, I agree it sure seems like guys in our league love to draft quarterbacks early... but is that the best way to go? If the QB you are thinking about drafting isn't a big difference maker compared to others available, wouldn't it be wise to get a better RB or WR, and then a lesser name but still competent w/ job security QB, later?

Glad you checked out the baseline adjustments, that is probably the best way to put more weight or less to whatever position you like.

dadgumit, you're messing with my theory! haha, just kidding.

Ya, he won the league because Gurley was 2nd most points in our league and WAY over performed. Plus he had La'evon Bell.

Here's the top 30 point getters: See how much the QB's score? But looking at the "lack" of good RB's this year I'm gonna take a RB either first or second pick thanks to your advice. Nice chatting with you and I love drafting with your program!

Alex Smith QB KAN 468 Todd Gurley RB LAR 434 Matthew Stafford QB DET 398 Russell Wilson QB SEA 382 Philip Rivers QB LAC 380 Carson Wentz QB PHI 380 Tom Brady QB NWE 363 Jared Goff QB LAR 355 Kareem Hunt RB KAN 355 Kirk Cousins QB WAS 324 Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT 324 Tyreek Hill WR KAN 322 Le'Veon Bell RB PIT 302 Alvin Kamara RB NOR 302 Greg Zuerlein K LAR 301 Robbie Gould K SFO 294 DeAndre Hopkins WR HOU 287 Drew Brees QB NOR 281 Matt Bryant K ATL 281 Harrison Butker K KAN 279 Justin Tucker K BAL 278 Antonio Brown WR PIT 277 Leonard Fournette RB JAC 275 Melvin Gordon RB LAC 274 Mark Ingram RB NOR 271 Jacoby Brissett QB IND 268 Stephen Gostkowski K NWE 268 Derek Carr QB OAK 257 LeSean McCoy RB BUF 257 Chris Boswell K PIT 256

Ha ha. Anytime, good chatting, and have a great draft :thumbsup: