Sign in to follow this  
Diesel07

Stephan Davis

Can be had for the right price. Im looking to deal him in a package deal. A deal that would upgrade me at WR. Make some offers ppl!

ETA: Im not looking for a a lesser RB in return (slightly lesser) and a better WR

ETA: Im not looking for a a lesser RB in return (slightly lesser) and a better WR

Where'd you go? Are you closing the book on negotiations? What exactly ARE you looking for if you're not looking for "a lesser RB in return (slightly lesser) and a better WR" and you're not looking for a straight-up WR for RB trade? :lol:

I'm glad Diesel and I haven't reached the stage of actual trade talks. As much as I would like to swap a few key players with him in a very straightforward and "fair" manner, I get the impression from all who have dealt with him that he's not very forthcoming in negotiations, or only willing to make somewhat lopsided deals. I could be wrong since I'm not privy to the details, and he did make a deal with vlade (Dawkins/Gardner), but... I keep reading these comments that suggest what I am suggesting.

Zap, I wouldnt be so quicks to assume anything. I havent "dealt" with anyone on here, in regards to trades, except TJ. I sent one offer to Munchie when Alexander was down, but i guess he wanted to hang on to him. It was Davis/Trent/Al Wilson for Culpepper/Alexander/Urlacher. At the time, the extent of Alexanders knee was unkown.

I'm glad Diesel and I haven't reached the stage of actual trade talks. As much as I would like to swap a few key players with him in a very straightforward and "fair" manner, I get the impression from all who have dealt with him that he's not very forthcoming in negotiations, or only willing to make somewhat lopsided deals. I could be wrong since I'm not privy to the details, and he did make a deal with vlade (Dawkins/Gardner), but... I keep reading these comments that suggest what I am suggesting.

:banana: I agree. Sometimes, I get the feeling that he's not trying to pull a fast one so much as the words he chooses to use are often confusing if not flat-out the opposite of what he meant to say. This negotiation is a perfect example. It seems he meant that he IS looking for a slightly lesser RB and a better WR, but he said that he's NOT looking for that. So that's not what I offered him, and when he countered with an offer like that, my only possible reaction was to :banana:

Negotiating with him on draft picks was even more :( It really felt like we were speaking a different language half the time. Negotiating with Diesel = By the time you find out the only thing he's interested in is something you're not willing to give, you've gone through 5 rounds of re-explaining to him what it is that you're offering. Given his nature, it would be a lot easier if he were willing to begin negotiations with a trade offer of his own, but he doesn't ever make the first offer.

:middlefinger:

Whatevever :banana:

I did write this: ETA: Im not looking for a a lesser RB in return (slightly lesser) and a better WR

i wasnt aware that i put "Im NOT" Typo, sorry, chill out with hurling the insult. Yes, TJ, you brought that to my intention in the email, but i chose not to correct it on here, because you and i clarified the mistake.

Now you jump on Zaps back when he takes shots at me

Consider my time here :banana:

ETA: I can make the same case for you TJ. I can say the trading with you was like trying to talk economics witha 4 year old, but me tellin you that does what?

It was Davis/Trent/Al Wilson for Culpepper/Alexander/Urlacher. At the time, the extent of Alexanders knee was unkown.

:banana: :wall: :lol:

Wow!

No wonder this was referred to as

RAPE!!

:banana:

Alexander's unknown status doesn't make the attempted rape any more appealing.  And positive reports of his condition were being discussed before he got on the bus.  

And positive reports of his condition were being discussed before he got on the bus.

Zap, ill let you in on a little secret. What they said before getting on the bus, is called being "optimistic." Do you seriously, SERIOUSLY FOCKEN think the teams going to say, "Oh, broken fibula, hes done for the year" before MRI results come back? Please tell me your kidding.

Wasnt that the case with Edge a couple years ago? He was walking around joking on the sidelines? It was a Bruised knee

ETA: I can make the same case for you TJ. I can say the trading with you was like trying to talk economics witha  4 year old, but me tellin you that does what?

Look man. I'm not out here trying to rip on anybody. Zap made a perceptive statement (in my opinion) and I agreed with it. Maybe I deserve a middle finger for it but in truth I did it because I was annoyed with you.

Because 1. dealing with you is that frustrating, 2. you basically posted the offer I offered you on the board when I wanted to keep it in email, there's a reason I didn't post it on the board even after email failed twice. I simply like to keep trade negotiations private. 3. You offered me Davis for Mason and Dunn! Davis might be the worst guy of the three.

I can forgive posting a bad trade offer (we all do it including me), and I can forgive using the forum the way you did, it's not a big deal, but because this isn't the first time it's been like this it was extra frustrating.

And it's funny that you say dealing with me is like talking economics with a 4 year old when I had to explain to you why moving up x number of spots early in the draft is more valuable than moving up x number of spots later in the draft. :wall: :banana:

ETA: Did you figure out what telling me that did for you? Because I couldn't help but notice that although you seemed to think it wouldn't do you any good to say it, you said it anyway. I just ask because I hope you did figure out what it does for you, since you did it. :banana:

Zap, ill let you in on a little secret.

Here's a not so little secret plain to anyone looking at your offer. You're a rapist.

Only a schmuck would consider that offer given the unknown circumstances.  FF Aff is no schmuck and was rightly hoping it was a joke or otherwise insulted.  If you cannot see that...

:rolleyes:

OK, i think your confused. First of all, i wasnt offering JUST Davis for Dunn and Mason lol. I wouldnt insult you like that, but Whatever, lets just move on!

I didn't flat out tell the whole offer on the board!! There was more to it, but maybe you missed that!

Umm about the moving up x number of spots early in the draft opposed to moving up x number of spots later. Dude, i already know the earlier rounds are better, so stop patting yourself on the back

About your ETA: My whole point was that when you criticize someone, it does nothing but make them defensive. You might want to keep that in mind.

Zap, ill let you in on a little secret.

Here's a not so little secret plain to anyone looking at your offer. You're a rapist.

Only a schmuck would consider that offer given the unknown circumstances.  FF Aff is no schmuck and was rightly hoping it was a joke or otherwise insulted.  If you cannot see that...

:rolleyes:

fock off POS

My whole point was that when you criticize someone, it does nothing but make them defensive. You might want to keep that in mind.

:headbanger:

Now I see why zman (still stalking him) likes to ruffle feathers. :rolleyes:

RAPIST!!!

OK, i think your confused. First of all, i wasnt offering JUST Davis for Dunn and Mason lol. I wouldnt insult you like that, but Whatever, lets just move on!

I didn't flat out tell the whole offer on the board!! There was more to it, but maybe you missed that!

Umm about the moving up x number of spots early in the draft opposed to moving up x number of spots later. Dude, i already know the earlier rounds are better, so stop patting yourself on the back

About your ETA: My whole point was that when you criticize someone, it does nothing but make them defensive. You might want to keep that in mind.

That's all fair. However there's a reason employers value communication skills... at some point if there are enough mistakes and confusing words in what someone says, the onus becomes on the speaker to start being more clear, not on the listener to figure out what the speaker means all the time.

As for criticizing someone making them defensive, you're right it does that, and I knew it would, and I wouldn't have said it if that's all it accomplished. I don't like making a person defensive, I don't like to ruffle feathers, it only makes communicating with that person harder. But it also accomplished sharing with the league a take on trading with one of our fellow owners, something that's relevant to everyone. So I had a good reason to say it. And the fact that I was annoyed with you made me not care about the byproduct of making you defensive.

You can be mad at me if you want, but I don't need a lecture on manners, not from you at least. You'll recall that you and I both had a real problem with zzz earlier. But you'll notice I didn't handle it by creating new threads on here calling him a female. You did. Let's put this behind us, ok?

do you not know what Mason/Dunn for Davis / ???? means? do i need to put the "/" in bold to signify 2 players? Are you that dumb that you missed it?

The zzzman thing was a joke dude! It was nothing serious. If it were, i woulda went on a close to 2 page rant about it like this.

Diesel-- I was once in a real life work situation that was beyond horrible. "Defensive" doesn't even begin to describe my reaction to the way I was being treated. Near the end of it all, I sought the advice of the company sage. He gave me some advice that seemed way too simple considering everything I was dealing with. To this day I realize it was the best advice I have ever heard. I'll share it with you here:

"You're taking this too seriously."

In other words, chill, bro. It's all good. A private explanation will be emailed shortly.

do you not know what Mason/Dunn for Davis / ???? means? do i need to make put the "/" in bold to signify 2 players? Are you that dumb that you missed it?

The zzzman thing was a joke dude! It was nothing serious. If it were, i woulda went on a close to 2 page rant about it like this.

Maybe Mason/Dunn for Stephan Davis/ ???

I read this as a question. "Maybe Mason/Dunn for Davis?" There were so many question marks I didn't see the last slash. :lol: Fine, I thought you offered me a rape deal and you didn't. That was only one of several reasons I was annoyed anyway, and honestly I had a right to post my opinion whether I was annoyed with your not. I'll sign off now and let Zap's advice in the last post carry the rest of the thread...

Whoah... he told you "i was taking this too seriously?" Do you and i work for the same company?

OK, maybe i am, but i dont like when people tell me im trying to rape someone with my trade offers, when im not. What kind of impression does that give to others about me?

After writing and erasing line after line... i'll leave it at this :lol:

OK, maybe i am, but i dont like when people tell me im trying to rape someone with my trade offers, when im not. What kind of impression does that give to others about me?

You'll note that in my original response to Zap, I suggested that I didn't think you were a rapist, I thought that the problem was that you were confusing, and frustrating to communicate with. You could have left it at that, but instead you had a hissy fit, posted your FF Aff trade offer, and in doing so all but begged Zap to call you a rapist.

Read your mail in the morning...

I'm doing another article for the site, so I won't get around to my explanation until later. If I could get Mike to publish 50 articles a day, I could quit my day job... :lol:

I'm just glad everyone is now aware of what they're dealing with when it comes to Diesel.

I sort of equate this to a sex offender(how fitting) having to go around door to door and identify themselves to the neighborhood.

Knowledge is power. ;)

you guys are going to hate me even more when you lose. :lol:

I couldn't possibly hate you more. :blink:

I'm just glad everyone is now aware of what they're dealing with when it comes to Diesel.

Okay, before we chase off one of our most active owners and an original member who knows personnel as much as anyone and works his lineup with expertise, let me add my perception in his defense.

He has been under an inordinate amount of stress due to acts of God.

I do not believe any of his dealings are in bad faith, or in any way devious attempts to undermine the integrity of the league.

His problems with vlade were simply communication issues. It is bad form to make trade offers regarding injured players, especially involving tier one first round stud RBs before the prognosis is known. I believe he saw that as a "fair" assumption of risk. I believe that was an error on his part, not a direct attempt to hose FF Aff and the competitive balance of the league. I like Diesel's participation in this league, and we should just chalk this up in the trivial column and move along.

If I had too much fun at his expense when he was clearly annoyed by the comments, then I am guilty of bad fuhnership and apologize.

Hang in there Diesel. I know you enjoy this league, and my apology and appreciation of your consistent participation are sincere.

I sort of equate this to a sex offender(how fitting) having to go around door to door and identify themselves to the neighborhood.

Knowledge is power. :thumbsup:

NO, sorry, no...nicetry!

You'll note that in my original response to Zap, I suggested that I didn't think you were a rapist, I thought that the problem was that you were confusing, and frustrating to communicate with. You could have left it at that, but instead you had a hissy fit, posted your FF Aff trade offer, and in doing so all but begged Zap to call you a rapist.

very true i may have been confusing to you, but that last trade i dont know how you thought i ment 2 for 1, but guess u just misread it.

but that last trade i dont know how you thought i ment 2 for 1, but guess u just misread it.

Dude GIVE IT UP

Ok, ive only been playing FF for about 3 years. Sorry i don't know all the "rules." I never knew FF came with an instruction manual.

I heard other people talking about trading FOR Shaun Alexander. Having went RB-RB-RB in rounds 1,2,3, i would think i have an upper hand in RB depth compared to other owners in our league, right? So why not make an offer? My original trade was Davis for Alexander straight up! I felt it was a gamble, a gamble that i was willing to take because the loss of Rogers. I proposed several trades before the multiplayer one, but canceled them because i didnt like them. I just got fed up, so i added Culpep/Urlacher and left. I thought about it and went to go look back on the trade, because i was gonna cancel that one, but it was already rejected, so i couldnt do nothing.

FF Aff, if you are/were really-seriously offended by my trade offer( :pointstosky: ) i'm sorry, i apologize. I wont look to make transactions with you in the future. Ill keep to myself.

Vlade didnt tell me movig up in the earlier rounds was better than moving up in the later rounds. I dont where hes getting that baloney from. Thats just common sense! I already knew that. Yah Vlade and i spoke about trading picks, but i really wasnt interested in any of them, so why would i accept the trade? Whoever said trading was suppose to be something that happens in a snap? There was one trade proposal between Valde and i that i was interested in, but i think Vlade wasnt so set on it and i still wanted some more time to think things over. It fell through and i think we both agreed to just stay where were at.

If all you guys get out of this is that im dumb, than :headbanger:, keep thinking that beyotches!

If all you guys get out of this is that im dumb, than :(, keep thinking that beyotches!

before we can decide if you are dumb or not, you must answer one question ...

ford or chevy? :pointstosky:

FF Aff, if you are/were really-seriously offended by my trade offer( :( ) i'm sorry, i apologize. I wont look to make transactions with you in the future. Ill keep to myself.

Dude, it takes alot more than a shitty trade offer to offend me. I was just letting you know that I recognized said offer for what it was and that in NO way would I agree to it.

Keep your head up slugger, sooner or later you might get someone to bite on one of your lopsided trade proposals...just know that I aint the one. :pointstosky:

Ya'll should get off the Diesel's back....it's not like he's the only one in this league who proposes queastionable trades. What one guy may consider fair can vary greatly from another man's opinion of fair. If ya don't like an offer, reject it and move on. No need to hop all over somebody...at least not in public. Feel free to give a little smack talk in denouncing the crap offers.

...feel the love, people! :clap: :headbanger: :blink: