Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The Resurgence of Middle America

I've had so many conversations lately about folks who have heard from the employer that they shouldn't plan on coming back to work anytime soon. If they should all work remotely from home. Who have all left big cities on the coast or elsewhere and cut the first train to Kansas Oklahoma Iowa you name it. Anywhere away from his big ass cities that cost too much money. And the lifestyle is just ridiculous.

It wasn't too long ago that we were talking about the death of not just Middle America, but cities and towns in the Northeast and elsewhere. But it turns out that paying buttloads in fees and tolls to come into the city to work at a job that you no longer have to work at is ridiculous.

Apparently, even Upstate New York is seeing a huge boom.

But yeah, cities like where I'm at, and Iowa and Oklahoma and Kansas are all seeing big up swings. And I guess I don't blame them.

The problem though, is People Are People. And the same people who moved to small cities hoping enjoy the lifestyle start complaining that they don't have the lifestyle that they used to have. And then the small cities become the big city centers that New York and San Francisco and Seattle are - and then what?

Still, when you look at places like Manhattan or London, those are self fulfilling prophecies. They killed themselves. And good f****** riddance. With today's technology, there is no reason why we need to have monster cities of skyscrapers and pollution and crime and ridiculous fees for rent and parking and everything else.

Look into it and you'll see that New York City, especially Manhattan, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, all of these former boom cities are seeing massive Exodus out of there. Good. They charge too God damn much for too little.

• Like 1

Detroit leading the way. Coleman Young showed everyone how it’s done way back in the 70s and 80s. Everyone else can now follow his urban decay model. The first step is blaming the police. Good job everyone. Now chase out the upper and middle class with crime and high taxes and accuse everyone leaving of racism. Soon, an all the stores close and blight sets in and you can consolidate your political base this way.

• Thanks 1