Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Raiders at Browns: MNF Discussion

Nick Mullens at QB tonight. Sounds like the Browns got back 4 players from Covid list and 1 from injury as a result of moving the game to Monday...

Inactives

Raiders: LB Denzel Perryman, LB Will Compton, G Jordan Simmons, T Jackson Barton, TE Darren Waller, DT Kendal Vickers

Browns: CB Greg Newsome, WR Lawrence Cager, DT Josiah Bronson

I haven't watched the Browns very much this season, but Chubbs stance in the backfield is very unorthodox.  He just stands straight up.  Most guys bend over.  He stands up like he's chilling.  Never noticed that before. :lol:

Desean Jackson not trying to get hit at all.  LOL 

He went down with no one within a yard of him.

Raiders O-line is doing a good job in pass protection.  Really holding up well.

Peyton Barber tries to pull a marcus Allen and dive over 4 Browns except there was no offensive line so they just caught him and tried to rip the ball out.

Aw Mariotta... I get the read is the end on the zone reads, but that's a cornerback out there.  Run right through his ass for a TD.

Raiders got a blessing in disguise with that holding call on 2nd and goal from the 3.  Browns are all over the run and now the Raiders have to pass.

What a throw and beast catch from Edwards.  Fought through the dB pulling on his arm and held on.

Peoples-Jones drops a dime from Mullens that would've flipped the field position and set up Browns on the edge of FG range, and then Colquitt pins the Raiders down inside the 5 on the punt anyway.

Punt - commercial break - Raiders run 1 play - End of 1st Quarter - Commercial break.  

We've compromised enough.  Someone give me whatever alcohol that slogan is associated with.

I don't like to call NFL players soft because it's a tought sport and I'd be broken in half a quarter, but Foster Moreau is soft as Charmin.

WOW.  Derrick Carr flirts with absolute disaster backed up under the shadow of his own goal posts and unleashes a bomb that is underthrown and they get a PI call.

I think the Raiders have 3 holding penalties on running plays.  That's a hold on almost half of their total run plays. (3 of 7)

And Moreau drops another pass worrying about getting hit.  Dude closed his eyes as the ball got to him.

Mullens is a legitimate back up QB.  IT makes me wonder how the Browns have three capable QBs and a ton of teams out there can't figure out how to fill out that backup position.  

Barber is dying to give away a fumble.  Jumping into 4 defenders earlier in the game, and carrying the ball in the wrong arm on his next run.

Point of fact... frozen tundra is redundant.  by definition a tundra is frozen.

The frozen tundra of this Cleveland stadium must be conducive to downing punts inside the 10 because they just hit the ground and bounce straight up. 

Although I'm sure Cleveland has heaters under the field to keep the turf thawed.

Man, the Raiders are tackling extremely well so far this game with about 6 minutes to go in the first half.

Two fumble recoveries for Renfrow.  Only one of which fumbled by his own hand. 

Looking at Desean Jackson and his artic weather gear, I though it was going to be like 20 degrees.  Then I noticed almost no one on hte Raiders is wearing sleeves, so I just looked it up and it's a balmy 40.

Odd play by the Raiders right beofre the 2 minute warning.  They bring in Mariotta and split Carr out wide.

Then they run to Carr's side putting him in a position to be a blocker.  They still got the first, but surprised they didn't just put Renfrow out there and let Carr hang out on the sideline for a play.

About 1:15 left in the half and the Raiders have the ball on about the 6.  Browns calling timeout to preserve clock here?  Why?

Carr tried to scramble for the TD and juke the Browns DB.  He didn't even flinch.  Just absolutely planted Carr.  Perfect tackle.

Browns use 2nd timeout.  I guess you have to do it - especially since you've been pretty good on special teams so far and you need to look like you're trying, but I can't imagine they're seriously considering pressing here.  They probably have a better chance of turning the ball over than converting this into points.

Oh, they get a first down and then burn the last timeout instead of just running up and running a play.  Now they don't have the TO for the FG even if they do get in position.

LOL Fayscon just blatantly grabs Peoples-Jones arm to draw the PI.  And Cleveland is well within FG range now.  Nice drive by them. 

What a coaching move by the Raiders.  He pushes the 2nd attempt wide right.  Bisaccia for coach of the year.

If I'm the Browns, from here on out, I'm running Chubb or Johnson on every 1st and 2nd.  Let's see if the Raiders can stay disciplined enough to squat on the run for two quarters.  

Finally...I need Chubb to do something on this drive...This is stupid if I lose because of a freaking Tight End (TE) scoring 36 pts (thanks Mark Andrews of Baltimore)

• Thanks 1

Hmmmm, interesting little sequence there.  Jacobs makes a nice move to get a 1st down after a catch.  Teammate comes over to help him up and he waves him off and does the tell-tale roll where he puts his legs in the air and rocks himself up to his feet so as not to disturb the lower back.  

Then Barber comes in and Carr fumbles.

LOL.  Njoku took a little extra curricular shot, got pissed and just got up and randomly shoved the wrong guy.

Njoku just Mossed whoever 42 is, but they're going to need to overturn this.