Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Here We Go...

I am so forking ready to get this season underway.

Having only five managed leagues this season has really honed my focus.  I have very few random players on my teams.  My carefully crafted quintuplets are all near-perfect specimens of auction-facilitated superteams designed to take full advantage of any scoring peccadilloes each league might offer.

Woven into their DNA is my primary rooting interest--watching the Chiefs host an unprecedented FIFTH straight AFC Championship game en route to their third Super Bowl in four years.

Mahomes spearheads a triumvirate that also includes Derrick Henry and Justin Jefferson on my "balanced" half-PPR league team.

In the WR-heavy full PPR league in which I don't have Henry, t's almost like CHEETN to be asking Clyde Edwards-Helaire (CEH) and Travis Etienne (ETN) to hold down the fort at RB, when I'll be starting five out of Jefferson, Diggs, Amon-Ra, Godwin, Gallup, Lockett, Woods, Doubs--and--SKYY MOORE! each week.

And I didn't forget the other KC WRs either.  I'm going to be counting heavily on JuJu Smith-Schuster in an anti-PPR league--one which emphasizes rushing scoring--so I spent on Henry and Taylor and skimped on the WR stable, hoping to find 2 reliable (or streaming) starters among Juju, Amon-Ra, Hollywood, Diontae, Godwin, Gallup and Woods each week.  And finally, I have Marquez Valdes-Scantling waiting on the bench in two other leagues, just in case.

So even across just five leagues, I pretty much have every piece of my home town team's offense other than Kelce and Hardman--without counting TOO heavily on too many Chiefs' players in any one league.

Absolutely masterful.

The only league in which I don't have Derrick Henry is the full PPR league. He's paired with Jonathan Taylor in both of the two most rush-centered scoring leagues.  Henry also leads Zeke and Singletary in one half-PPR league, and fronts Najee and Etienne in the other.  I have Damien Harris in the two most rush-centric leagues, and also in one of the two half-PPR leagues.

I have a really nice CeeDee/Keenan/Amon-Ra core in two of my leagues--together with Allen Robinson in one of them (and Robinson also backs up Jefferson and Amon-Ra in the "balanced" league)--in fact, I have Amon-Ra in all five of them!  I have Chris Godwin in three and Michael Gallup in four (including as CeeDee's "handcuff" in one)--I can't believe how cheaply those two were going this preseason!

In the four leagues where TEs are required, I'll be sporting Ertz, Goedert, Kmet (dropped Gesicki for the upgrade), and some combination of Albert O, Gesicki, Engram and Uzomah in the one league where we have to start two.

Younghoe Koo and Matt Prater are my current guys in the two leagues that use Ks.  I'm pretty much stuck with Arizona and Washington in that "start two" league at D; Denver and Baltimore are my Week 1 choices in the two leagues I will stream.

And oh yeah, only the Mahomes league is a single-QB league.  The other four all either require starting 2 QBs, or have a Superflex position, and I will be sporting my Dollar Store combo of Marcus (Mariota) & Mitch (Trubisky) in three of those four leagues on opening Sunday--with Kenny Pickett waiting on the bench where appropriate.  (Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, and Daniel Jones will rotate QB duties in the fourth.)

Some sleepers stocking most of my benches include Falcon teammates Cordarrelle Patterson (2 leagues) and Damien Williams (4 leagues), Gus Edwards (on IR in 3 leagues), Robert Woods and Romeo Doubs (2 leagues each).

So yeah, I am READY FOR THIS!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!