Sign in to follow this  
PSULions

2024 - General Discussion

Baseball is right around the corner, so I thought I would start the 2024 discussion to see if the owners are coming back for the upcoming season and see if we want to make any tweaks in our league rules and free agent selections, etc.

I am in for 2024.

Dave

I have renewed the Yahoo league site. Please make sure you can get into it. You should have received an email with the info. You can also review your final roster from last season to begin looking at possible keepers (yours and others) to get an early jump on the phase of the pre-season. You can also see the initial Yahoo rankings to get a sense for where players are falling in the early drafts. 

URL is:  https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/46517 if needed.

Is anyone in touch regularly with WhiteWonder? He tends to get engaged quickly on league matters, but haven't heard from him to this point. Tried direct texting with no reply but it does show as delivered. Hoping all is well...

Some amazing keepers that are early draft round selections a lot cheaper because of some astute draft picks years ago.  Should be a fun couple weeks as Spring baseball starts today and tomorrow!

Tracker sheet is now up and the trade feeding frenzy can begin! 

Yahoo site has been updated with keepers and trades. You will now see the available pool of players to draft after our keepers have been removed.

We typically see a wave of draft positioning trades after the keepers are locked in, but surprisingly that doesn't appear to be happening much this season. As I look at the tracker sheet, I only see a handful of keepers still sitting in the front half of a round, so maybe it's just an odd year where most keepers landed in the back end of your rounds by default and pure coincidence.  🤷‍♂️

If folks are pretty settled and happy with their draft positioning and don't plan on seeking trades of this type, I am open to getting the draft started a little sooner than 7pm on Thu. If you are still contemplating on making some offers, please try do so over the next 24-48 hours. Trades are a PITA to deal with on the fly during the draft, so I'd appreciate getting any positioning deals out of the way before we kick it off. I'm fine with trades that occur in the draft to nab a player you really want and you feel he won't be there at your next pick. I'm not saying I won't deal with positioning trades if they occur during the draft, but if you can save me that "real time" work, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

Definitely won’t start until Wednesday at some point to give folks a little breathing room for any last minute trades. Just seems like we have wound down on the trades so it makes sense to start sooner to help TS finish up before his trip. 

Moved draft start back to Noon, ET on Wednesday. If you DO have any last minute pre-draft trades in mind, please try to post them before then - thanks!! 

Just an FYI - I was texting with Tony (Varga) this morning about our last minute trade and he said he has been really sick over the past couple of days. He may be in a Nyquil coma at the moment. LOL🤧🤮

Anyone close with RetiredDoc who can contact him? Have sent a couple of texts that show as delivered but unopened. 

Just hoping to pick up the pace a bit. We are in decent shape due to the earlier start, but need to get through 2.5 - 3 rounds daily to comfortably get past Talent Scout's final pick before March 10th.

We're going to stuck for a while when it reaches my 11.03 pick. Ping me to let me know and I'll try to make sure I put in a pick before calling it a night.

Godfather - do you have someone else making your picks this year? Only TWO Brewers? No MIL batters? Passing on some of their best players when they were still available?

What's gotten into you?  LOL

11 hours ago, Torn said:

Godfather - do you have someone else making your picks this year? Only TWO Brewers? No MIL batters? Passing on some of their best players when they were still available?

What's gotten into you?  LOL

🤣🤣🤣

I was wondering that myself a couple rounds ago.  

Wow does this draft feel like a marathon.  Well done everyone getting this moved along as quickly as we did.

Yes, fantastic job, everyone. We got through it with time to spare before Talent Scout's departure and maintained a good pace throughout. While the trades started off slower than usual, they picked up with a lot of player movement (as opposed to just draft spot maneuvering). That was kind of a new twist and it was interesting to see drafted players getting traded during the draft itself.

Thanks to all for keeping things moving and staying on point! I appreciate it and I know that TS does as well. Good luck this season!

I will be submitting draft results on the Yahoo site in a bit...

Have submitted draft results to the Yahoo League site. Please check to make sure that your roster is accurate. Remember that you have change the date to tomorrow (March 9) to see your roster. 

52 minutes ago, kysar_soze said:

Wow does this draft feel like a marathon.  Well done everyone getting this moved along as quickly as we did.

It IS a marathon, but on purpose. Want to provide adequate roster space to allow us to draft our breakout, sleeper, comeback player and hot prospect candidates. One of my favorite parts of this league is occasionally hitting on a "who the hell is he?" guy in the 16th-30th round who turns into a top 100 player. Our rosters are filled with great selections like that - Gunnar, Elly, Adley, Riley, Witt, Abrams, Kirby, Grayson, etc.  

I have never owned Gerrit Cole and sitting at #8 in our recent draft, I thought, what the heck, he has been very durable and been very consistent over the past 5-6 years, so I picked in my for my 1st round pick.  So, of course he made one start in ST and doesn't feel right recovering and now he may be miss the first 1-2 months of the season or with my luck the full season with any potential surgery he may need.

Last year, I picked deGrom in my 2nd round pick, but at least that was a riskier pick due to his constant injury issues over his career and he made 6 starts before he was shut down for the rest of the season.  Lesson learned.... no more pitchers in the first two rounds of a draft as they are ticking time bombs.

Great way to start the season and Yahoo doesn't even have him listed Out so I can pick up a replacement while he is on IL.

On 3/13/2024 at 1:05 PM, PSULions said:

I have never owned Gerrit Cole and sitting at #8 in our recent draft, I thought, what the heck, he has been very durable and been very consistent over the past 5-6 years, so I picked in my for my 1st round pick.  So, of course he made one start in ST and doesn't feel right recovering and now he may be miss the first 1-2 months of the season or with my luck the full season with any potential surgery he may need.

Last year, I picked deGrom in my 2nd round pick, but at least that was a riskier pick due to his constant injury issues over his career and he made 6 starts before he was shut down for the rest of the season.  Lesson learned.... no more pitchers in the first two rounds of a draft as they are ticking time bombs.

Great way to start the season and Yahoo doesn't even have him listed Out so I can pick up a replacement while he is on IL.

That is definitely some tough luck with taking SPs early.  I am waiting on yahoo myself so I can put Devin Williams on the IL

A little late on my reply, but you think you have it bad - 6 of my top 8 drafted players...

1st round - Strider, done for the year

3rd round - Robert, out indefinitely

5th round - McLain, out indefinitely and likely for the whole year

6th round - Casas, out indefinitely

7th round - Fairbanks, out indefinitely

8th round - Senga, out for another month or so (the hazards of drafting early, wouldn't have made him a keeper if I knew what I knew now)

16th round - Bellinger (not in the top 8 picks, but certainly carries a value that would have had someone drafting him before round 9, out for 2-3 months.

I'm used to the annual "war of attrition" for FB, but we're not even in May yet! WTF...