Sign in to follow this  
Ghost96

SNIPED, 6 times by PSU Dave

Man, I think my good friend Dave somehow installed a camera in my office--looking over my shoulder at my wish list. 🙄

5th round, I was hoping for Ha-Seong Kim, but Dave sniped him. I had 3 picks on the horizon, ...and took NO 2nd basemen.

10th round, STILL looking for a 2B guy, I had Gelof on my radar, but Dave sniped him. I had to go with Thairo. 😒

11th round, I saw Ober, ...so did Dave. Gavin Williams might end up being equal--I hope.

14th round, Super-high on Bryce Miller, ...Dave again. I was forced to switch gears--took a crappy closer.

15th round, desperately needed 2B back-up plan, and had been putting off Nolan Gorman for 3 rounds, ...Dave sniped him too! 🤮

17th round, STILL looking for a #2 2B and a solid top prospect, ...this time Godfather sniped Colt Keith. Doh! (Thankfully, I nabbed Julien and Westburg at a discount).

18th round, Talent Scout sniped Cano, but Graterol might be okay.

21st round, Hoffman looked like a huge steal. When Reid (Happy Harry) sniped him, I was bummed, but Puk might turn out to be a gem.

23rd round, PSU Dave just HAD to do it one last time. Cowser looked like an excellent under-the-radar steal there. I felt like Henry Davis could be just as solid, but fell for another HOLD guy-Strahm

Nate (Strohm), took Henry with the very next pick.

Overall, ...I'm happy with the draft, ...the 'marathon' seemed to progress with GREAT speed--good job everyone. The constant sniping, including the DL superstars showed how prepared everybody is.

Good luck this year to all!!! 😁

• Haha 1

I only had a couple of painful snipes. Had a pile of minor ones where I was targeting a guy way too late and he was gone 10-15 picks ahead of where I would have grabbed him. Tough to get upset about those.

At the round 3-4 turn, I really wanted Bichette but TS grabbed him despite having Trea Turner already. Ghost already had Lindor, so I figured Bichette would fall to me once we got past Isotope at 3.09 and had mentally "penciled him in". Hopefully, I have a gem in McLain though. Time will tell...

In round 28, I had my sights set on Ceddanne Rafaela, but Strombn sniped him a few picks ahead of me. Kicked myself on that one as I prioritized positional need (Marcus Stroman - yuck) over upside in the prior round. Dumb - especially after hearing that Duran got a foot injury in that day's game which opens the door for Rafaela to get some early playing time to potentially earn a permanent roster spot. I think he'll end up being a decent keeper value or trade chip next season.

Yeah, I wanted either Cowser, or Rafaela, as a late round upside guy. When they got sniped, I decided to settle on Ty Black, ...and then off HE went. Finally, settled for Neto, despite very little positional need, with Lindor and Thairo already on my squad. Yes, time will tell, ....

Coming into 2023, I made a crazy move, ...giving up my last year of Alonso's keeper eligibility, to make some major draft order upgrades, and open up a spot for Drew Rasmussen. On one hand, I faced Nate twice, ...and Alonso was injured both times (or at least did little damage in one of the H2H match-ups). On the other hand, Rasmussen looked like a million bucks early, but then, "...a flexor strain abruptly ended his season in May". It was actually nice to see Kysar show a belief in Ras, despite the fact that he will miss 1/2 of 2024. He IS solid.

I real like getting sniped has become a fun game to play during the draft, as well it is fun to know you sniped some of our other owners/friends I also got sniped plenty of times during the draft too.

Round 3 - wanted Yamamoto badly because of his first start and saw the research on him and of course Varga takes him one spot before my pick.  Harris isn't bad consolation prize, but this was the first of many snipes during the draft.

Round 5 - wanted Jazz Chisholm to make sure I had other OF with power and speed and was looking at napping here and of course Varga grabs him one spot again!  Had to change gears and Kim had more SBs that I didn't realize doing my research and with multiple position flexibility opted for him only to snipe Mike.

Round 7 - wanted to add Cole Ragans as I got in off the WW last year and he was great at the end of the season after his trade and believe he is going to be a stud again this year, but at lease the snipe was a few spots in front of me, so I was able to get Carter who I also got of the WW and was happy with getting him.

Round 9 - as an O's fan I was hoping to get Jackson Holliday the O's prize prospect and this time it was Nate that sniped him.  Was driving to PA that day and was looking at Lee from the Giants or Langford from the Rangers, and opted for Wyatt as I knew he wouldn't make it back to me.

Round 24 - as a Phillies fan was wanting to grab Matt Strahm and Mike grabbed him 4 spots in front of me so opted for the other Phillies RP in Kirkering so was OK with that pick.  We will see which guy has a better season.

It was a fun and competitive draft as always now the bad part!  We have to wait about 3 weeks before you get to see your guys in your lineup!

Wanted Harris in the 3rd - settled for Fried and the moved him b/c I was sniped later.

Had penciled in Bregman in the 4th - Varga took him directly in front of me.

N Marte getting hit with an 80 game suspension means that I essentially LOSE my 10th round pick...

Prioritized Pasquantino over Lee in the 10th and this caused me to trade Fried and Paquantino for Lee, Goldschmidt and a pick upgrade.  I don't love this but WANTED LEE.

Missing Muncy by a pick in the 15th was painful - this started a series of "YOU GOTTA BE F'N KIDDING ME, AGAIN!?!" rounds (Muncy in 15, Gorman in 16, Garcia in 16)

I had Cowser written in already in the 23rd before Dave pulled the rug right out from under me.

Annoyed greatly at missing Brash (24.11), was really hoping to take him late based on the injury news, just waited too long.

For those counting snipes - Dave 3, Varga 1, Isotopes 1, Strombn 1, Torn 1, GF 1