Sign in to follow this  
Jetdoc

A History of My Schemg

Drafted 2002 - Garcia, Collins, Rattay, Alexander, SDavis, Jordan, MMorris, Keyshawn, Mason, KRob, Booker, Elam, NYJ

Waiver 2002 - QMorgan

Trade 2002 - Boston/Wayne for Jordan/KRob; A-Train for Keyshawn/QMorgan; Foster for Hollings

Drafted 2003 - Palmer

Waiver 2003 - DDavis, McCown

Trade 2003 - Leftwich/Harrison for Palmer/DDavis/Wayne; Faulk for A-Train/Boston/Woods; Ferguson for Rattay

Drafted 2004 - Watts, Henderson

Waiver 2004 - Burleson, Drew Bennett, Minor, SMorris

It's amazing the number of guys from my original team that are still there.

Trades, in restrospect:

Boston/Wayne for Jordan/KRob - although KRob's been a disappointment, I still think I got hosed in this deal.

A-Train for Keyshawn/QMorgan - one of my best deals - it landed me a solid RB for two overrated WR's.

Foster for Hollings - my best deal, by far - this was made on draft day

Leftwich/Harrison for Palmer/DDavis/Wayne - jury's still out on this one, but the way Leftwich has performed is hard to argue with

Faulk for A-Train/Boston/Woods - another very fortunate deal

Ferguson for Rattay - I thought I got a steal when I pulled this off - it's pretty bad in retrospect

Damn, I think I made that many trades my first week in the league. :headbanger:

Amazing that you have that many players from the original draft, too. The only player I still have from 6 months ago is Antowain Smith who was long gone and added again through waivers. :headbanger: :headbanger:

Nice work, especially the waiver claims from last season and the original draft. A few other bits and pieces in this draft and waivers, and you've definitely put together a rather nice squad.

History Of Ugly Stick:

Previous owner wastes his drafts (Robert Ferguson at 1.05?!?! With Andre Johnson on the board?!?!) and puts together a pretty ugly dynasty team led by a borderline ancient QB, a pot smoking freak for a RB with a million carries in two years, and a couple of very solid but not superstud WR's. And the rebuild begins...

---------------------------------------------------------

Initial Roster

QB: Favre, Maddox, Gannon, K Stewart

RB: Ricky Williams I, Ty Wheatley, Moe Williams, Antowain Smith, M Anderson

WR: Burress, Coles, Ferguson, Morton, T Streets, Bates

PK: Mare

Def: Steelers, Redskins, Bengals

1.04, 2.04, 3.04 picks in the 2004 draft.

2004 Pre/Mid Draft Trades:

1) Ricky Williams for 1.01 (KJ) and Lamont Jordan

2) 1.04 (Bell) for 1.06 (Perry) and 1.07 (Roy)

3) Bengals D and 3.04 for Tuna's #2 in 05

4) Redskins D for 4.01

5) Moe Williams for 3.11

6) Steelers D for 3.07

7) 3.07 and Mare for 3.05 and Carney

2004 Draft:

Kevin Jones, Chris Perry, Roy Williams, Big Ben, AJ Feely, D Hamilton, D Darling

2004 Waiver Claims:

JP Losman, D Boston, A Gates, Chicago D, R Caldwell, J Wells, B Berrian, K Washington, E Wilford, Bryant Johnson, B Griese, Q Morgan, R Curry, A Davis, S Bryson, J Pathon, K Brown, A Smith

2004 Pre/Mid Season Trades:

8) L Coles, A Smith, 2005 #3 for Horsemen's #1 and #2 in 05, Cason, C Lee

9) Ferguson for Rattay

10) Favre, Tuna's #2, Horsemen's #2 for Dorsey, Pats #1, Pats #4

11) Lamont Jordan and David Boston for Bryant Johnson and Tuna's #1

12) Ty Wheatley, Pats #4, US's #4 for Pinner, Mighty Purple's #2, Mighty Purple's #3

13) Burress, C Perry, US's #2, Mighty Purple's #2 for McGahee, Calico

14) Tim Rattay, J Wells, Mighty Purple's #3 for Greg Jones, Shockey

15) Reche Caldwell for a Assclowns #4

16) Greg Jones, A Gates, Assclowns #4 for Garrard, B Bennett, and Wahoos #1 in 06

14 of my current players are from waivers, 3 from the draft, and 4 from trade. Not a single player from the initial team outside of A Smith who I reclaimed from waivers. Wow.

Greatest hits: McGahee was definitely the biggest addition. Didn't come cheap, but he's a block to build around. Roeth in the 2nd was probably the 2nd biggest.

Greatest misses: Overall pleased with trades I have made, disappointed in some of my waiver activity though, or inactivity I should say. Picked up Droughns in XDL the week before he went off, and didn't here because I didn't feel I had the roster room. Had him on my list and was trying to find someone to drop and just couldn't pull the trigger. Jabbar Gaffney and all of the other scrub WR's I had at the time were just too important. Huge mistake. Didn't get Brees when he hit the wire either, showed up too late and ended up with Losman as a result, another big blunder. On the bright side, the rest of the league missed on both as well, and krispy took advantage of both mistakes so I'm glad it helped another rebuilder.

Trades in retrospect:

1) Ricky Williams for 1.01 and Lamont Jordan

KJ is coming along slowly, but still have to consider this one a win due to Ricky's retirement and turning Lamont and a waiver claim into a #1 later. Still believe KJ will be a top RB in this league as well, with him being 22 I have plenty of time to wait.

2) 1.04 for 1.06 and 1.07

Traded out of Tatum Bell position and into Perry/Roy instead. Roy is a huge part of this team's future, and Perry helped land McGahee. Overall very happy again with this one.

3) Bengals D and 3.04 for Tuna's #2 in 05

Definitely came out on the better end of this. Would have taken Mewelde at 3.04, so with 20/20 hindsight maybe not too terrific, but a win on value and the #2 helped land the 1.01 overall in next year's draft.

4) Redskins D for 4.01

5) Moe Williams for 3.11

6) Steelers D for 3.07

7) 3.07 and Mare for 3.05 and Carney

All 4 are rat's ass

8) L Coles, A Smith, 2005 #3 for Horsemen's #1 and #2 in 05, Cason, C Lee

Coles has been a disappointment this year thanks to the QB situation and this is looking like a very solid pick. Currently 5, maybe as high as 3. The #2 helped add the 1.01 overall as well, so I like this deal a good bit overall.

9) Ferguson for Rattay

Very happy with how this one turned out. I thought it was pretty fair for both at the time, but Rattay has been terrific and Ferguson flopped. A flurry of trades that included Rattay netted another #1 last as well.

10) Favre, Tuna's #2, Horsemen's #2 for Dorsey, Pats #1, Pats #4

This one has been probably the best deal so far thanks to the terrible luck Pats suffered. 1.01 for some great #2's and a QB not part of our future? Terrific!

11) Lamont Jordan and David Boston for Bryant Johnson and Tuna's #1

We'll see what Lamont does, he still has great potential. But Tuna's #1 has turned out far better than I had expected and is almost certainly going to fall in the top 6. Have to consider this a win.

12) Ty Wheatley, Pats #4, US's #4 for Pinner, Mighty Purple's #2, Mighty Purple's #3

Pinner is great KJ insurance, the #2 helped land McGahee, and Wheatley had little future with this team. Wheatley has had some decent performances this year, but nothing too special. Close to even overall valuewise, but have to consider this a win as it helped the future of this team.

13) Burress, C Perry, US's #2, Mighty Purple's #2 for McGahee, Calico

Burress is looking solid again with Big Ben at the helm and Perry still has starting RB potential in this league. The #2's were a bit of a loss as well. But it is all worth McGahee, he looks like the real deal. Calico's upside isn't too shabby either.

14) Tim Rattay, J Wells, Mighty Purple's #3 for Greg Jones, Shockey

Not a huge Greg Jones fan, but I figured as a young RB with potential he was worth more than a QB that wasn't in my future plans. A fair deal for both, but one that worked out well for me due to the trade it set up.

15) Reche Caldwell for a Assclowns #4

Rat's ass. Had no room for Reche, so I got something to free the roster spot.

16) Greg Jones, A Gates, Assclowns #4 for Garrard, B Bennett, and Wahoos #1 in 06

Going to be a while before we see how this one pans out, Gates looks awesome and Jones got his first NFL TD this weekend. But I'm definitely happy adding another #1 pick. Especially one that can be traced back to Robert Ferguson and a couple of waiver claims looking at all of these trades/claims overall.

Overall there are a couple of marginals but there isn't a trade I can look back on and say "WTF was I thinking?!". I'm a notoriously active trader, so usually you'll have at least a couple that will backfire and my goal is just to have more wins than losses. Not 1 significant backfire out of 12 non rat's ass trades is massive. Definitely some luck involved, but overall just a solid job in the trade market.

I definitely have to consider this season a tremendous success overall. My team went from that crappy mess up top that would have had Ricky retire and had almost nothing of value outside of Burress and Coles to a team filled with youth and a ton of upside. McGahee, Roy, Roeth, KJ, and those 4 #1's next year/2 #1's in 06 could be a strong nucleus for a LOOOOOONG time to come.

How about this for the 1st 5 picks in the original draft:

1.1 MARSHALL FAULK

2.12 DEUCE McALLISTER

3.1 WILLIAM GREEN

4.12 JAMAL LEWIS

5.1 KEVAN BARLOW

Have to love Lewis and Barlow in the 4th and 5th. Green, with hindsight, hasn't turned out as good as he could have. Faulk was the consensus #1 overall pick at that time, so I don't second guess myself there.

Of course the best selection of the original draft was SERBIAN ASSASSIN's CLINTON PORTIS at 10.2 which helped him to his present dominance.

Of course the best selection of the original draft was SERBIAN ASSASSIN's CLINTON PORTIS at 10.2 which helped him to his present dominance.

Which was just pure rat's azz luck. :D