Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

NFL Rule Enforcement Emphasis

Last night, while watching one of the worst offensive show cases in the history of the NFL, the announcers discussed an emphasis being placed on enforcing illegal contact down field. This stems from a decline in passing yards and scoring the previous two years. This drop in passing and scoring also seems to go hand in hand with the rise in RB production. If they do put an emphasis on illegal contact and PI calls this year, to increase scoring and passing, it should lead to a rise in WR production, and decrease in RB production this year. This entire off season I've been leaning RB heavy, but with this new information I'm rethinking that a little bit. I still see WRs being more replaceable, but we could see a return to top WR/RB point totals being fairly balanced. Thoughts?

Last night, while watching one of the worst offensive show cases in the history of the NFL, the announcers discussed an emphasis being placed on enforcing illegal contact down field. This stems from a decline in passing yards and scoring the previous two years. This drop in passing and scoring also seems to go hand in hand with the rise in RB production. If they do put an emphasis on illegal contact and PI calls this year, to increase scoring and passing, it should lead to a rise in WR production, and decrease in RB production this year. This entire off season I've been leaning RB heavy, but with this new information I'm rethinking that a little bit. I still see WRs being more replaceable, but we could see a return to top WR/RB point totals being fairly balanced. Thoughts?

What will happen is people are going to see how far the top receivers dropped. And they are going to feel the burn from so many running backs failing to live up to their draft spot

Or does this drive the wr value even lower in fantasy? 2nd and 7 from your own 40, chuck it to the 15 and hope for a penalty. No yards and 1st and 10 from the 15. Advantage RBS and tes