Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Mr. James

When I was growing up, Mardi Gras was all about and around me. Dad put me in a wheelbarrow at the age of six. Dressed me up like a king and had me passing out duck stuffed animals and other crap to draw attention to himself using me. It was fun. I passed around stuffed animals and he got laid. He got laid using me and I was the center of attention. I was young. And it was fun.

Fast forward to my early teens. There was an old black man. He rode in Zulu. Mr. James. Mr. James was a custodian at my Dads work. He was in his early seventies. Would call me Mr...even though I was sixty years his prior. My father had to remind him that I was a kid. Mr. James saw the world differently. He was the most beautiful man I ever met. He was the custodian for my Dads company.

One day, my Dad brought me to his house. I was there to work. Mr . James paid me a quarter a coconut to drain and paint each one. And then put glue on each one that was to have glitter embedded on each one that read "ZULU" with the year. That year was 1980.

Was one of the coolest things I ever did. I spent two days at his house. His beautiful wife made me the best fried chicken I ever had. Mr. James loved me like I was own. And I miss him so much. He and my father are looking down laughing.

Mr. James was the most beautiful man I ever met. He was one of a kind.