Sign in to follow this  
montana

**Official Week 5 FU**

Browm definitely didnt throw any water coolers today. As long as he gets his...

So you berate him when he does it.

Then, when he doesn't, you berate him because, given that he didn't do it, he must not be upset enough?

Classic.

I'm back for FU 2.0

I was 4-0 playing the 0-4...on paper, I should've destroyed this focker. But NO! Half his team turns in season best production & half my team craps the bed.

Ed MUTHAFUCKIN DICKson? Really? Dude hadn't scored that many combined points in 4 weeks as he did today! :cry:

Nuk with 3TDs & Alex Smith doing his best ARod impersonation against a tough Texans D? Come on man! All vs me?

My team - Winston & Evans vs NE & that's the best y'all could do? No TDs for KHunt,Zeke,Evans,Collins...and don't get me started on Engram! Your 0-0-0 stat line when the rest of the receiving corp are dropping like girls panties after prom? Are you focking kidding me? :wall:

I lost by 6.5 points (6.6 for the win). If I had started ASJ over Collins at Flex I would've won...so I'm gonna add Harbaugh to this fockin list. Let's just ignore a guy averaging over 8 ypc. I can't stand either Harbaugh bother. Fockin idiots. Choke on a diseased meth you focks!

I knew this thread had to be somewhere....

S Diggs.... I needed 1 catch for 10 yards for the win....

Lost by .5... FU

I knew this thread had to be somewhere....

S Diggs.... I needed 1 catch for 10 yards for the win....

Lost by .5... FU

Wow, that blows. Diggs was just one of many FUs on my murderer's row team: Brady, Hunt, Gurley, Diggs, Baldwin, Cooks, J Cook. All hot garbage. Good thing is I knew I was getting my ass kicked early so I didn't have to suffer your pain.

So you berate him when he does it.

Then, when he doesn't, you berate him because, given that he didn't do it, he must not be upset enough?

Classic.

Nope. Berate is way too strong a word. I just wish he would never do it. Players being under control is better in the end.

I wonder how he feels now that Bell mentioned that the Steelers need to be more committed to the run game. ☺

Nope. Berate is way too strong a word. I just wish he would never do it. Players being under control is better in the end.

I wonder how he feels now that Bell mentioned that the Steelers need to be more committed to the run game. ☺

I don't think berate is too strong. To be clear, I'm not salty here, I really don't have a lot invested in this topic emotionally :) But you have straight up said a number of times that AB cares only about himself and his stats and not the success of the team. That is berating someone. (And I have berated players myself here for other reasons, I'm not trying to take some amazing moral high ground.)

Honestly, I think the Steelers committing to a run game can only help Brown, and I think he'll know that. He can sometimes--but not always by a long shot--put up yards when they have no run game. But when the D has to stop the run, Brown might see some single coverage, right? No matter what hyperbole anyone has said, he's not claiming they should throw to him every single play. Or even any percentage of plays. He knocked over the cooler when he was wide open on a play in the 2nd quarter, Ben missed seeing it, and they had to punt instead of continuing the drive. That's really very little evidence of a player being incredibly selfish. He knows a run game is good for him and the team.

I don't think berate is too strong. To be clear, I'm not salty here, I really don't have a lot invested in this topic emotionally :) But you have straight up said a number of times that AB cares only about himself and his stats and not the success of the team. That is berating someone. (And I have berated players myself here for other reasons, I'm not trying to take some amazing moral high ground.)

Honestly, I think the Steelers committing to a run game can only help Brown, and I think he'll know that. He can sometimes--but not always by a long shot--put up yards when they have no run game. But when the D has to stop the run, Brown might see some single coverage, right? No matter what hyperbole anyone has said, he's not claiming they should throw to him every single play. Or even any percentage of plays. He knocked over the cooler when he was wide open on a play in the 2nd quarter, Ben missed seeing it, and they had to punt instead of continuing the drive. That's really very little evidence of a player being incredibly selfish. He knows a run game is good for him and the team.

Well, it is evidence because players and coaches and refs make mistakes all the time in every game that has ever been played. In my opinion, players need to keep their cool. Otherwise, it's a look at me exhibition while playing a team sport trying to call out a teammate for making a mistake.

Well, it is evidence because players and coaches and refs make mistakes all the time in every game that has ever been played. In my opinion, players need to keep their cool. Otherwise, it's a look at me exhibition while playing a team sport trying to call out a teammate for making a mistake.

I'll agree that it's evidence in the sense that it could *possibly* mean what you're taking it to mean. But it could also possibly mean that he was very upset that the team missed an opportunity.

You call it 'look at me' behavior. But these players, every single one of them, has been significantly motivated by personal ambition since they were young children. You don't get to the top of the sport by not trying to improve yourself, do they best that you personally can, every step of the way. Look at every single guy celebrating when his name is called on draft night. He's not yelling "Man, the team that picked me is going to do so much better!" He's yelling "I did it!" :) Even the most selfless player in the league--a guy like Donald Driver--who is very motivated to help the team also still has been motivated all along by improving his own situation. That's how he got where he is. He's motivated by both motivations.

So combine that with the fact that these guys do this as a job. It's entertainment, they aren't saving lives. But they spend their whole week preparing for this game, and their whole year preparing for the season, etc. And if they are in the NFL, they are the most competitive among competitive people. So why is it hard to believe that his anger was about the team missing an opportunity? Why do you think it's more likely that his display was about him?

His outburst could have been anger over both things. These are fiery guys, motivated by their own performance and the team performance. Without talking to him about it, why assume that his outburst was the one and not the other?

You're totally right in saying that it wasn't the best way to handle it. And even Ben was right to point out that it was bad even just because it became a distraction. But that it didn't demonstrate the best self-control is not evidence for the motivation behind the outburst.