Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: Eric Decker on the way out of New York - Signed by TEN

I think with C Davis on the team and Decker that Walker will indeed lose rec tds.

But The Titans who are clearly a team that likes to run the ball first , I mean they where only 28th in the league in passing att last season , went out to address a pressing need at the wr postion.

They draft two wr and then sign Decker.

My point about R Matthews isn't that he won't be playing and I'm sure even starting, but with all those new WRs around and with Walker and of course D Murray whom had 67 targets, I don't see Matthews recording the same ff points as he posted last season.

The Titans threw for 29 tds and R Matthews scored 9 of them, with Decker and Davis on board that right there tells me his numbers will indeed drop because he won't catch 9 tds again this season.

And with more mouths to feed he's going to see less targets.

So he will still be playing of course and starting out the season as a starter, but I can't see in any way how he will post 213 ff ppr points.

• Like 1

Think the assumption Davis is a day 1 starter and seasoned contributor is a stretch. They start Matthews and Decker. Bring along Davis as the season goes on

Agree I don't think Davis will be a day one starter, but he will be a redzone target early and gain more playing time as the season rolls along.

This adds another ? mark to a receiving corps that already had a few but I like this location for Decker.

The Titans are mainly building for the future but for this season Decker could shine here.

He could easily be the top WR in Nashville or a close 2nd to Rishard Matthews.

I actually believe this makes both of them better prospects this season.

Mariota is certainly better than the QB Decker has played with for good portions of his career and I believe he is certainly a QB Decker can flourish with.

The rookie may be eased in a bit more with this signing unless he explodes out of camp.

If healthy Decker is a consistent WR2.

I think he will only be a red target threat. But, it's a great depth move for the Titans if injuries arise.