Sign in to follow this  
juice175

Another Tough Keeper Question

10 Team Keeper League.

Standard Scoring...no PPR.

Gates, Holt, Fitz or R. Brown.

Which 3? I'm compeltely stumped.

I orginally thought Gates, Holt and Fitz..but Brown could have a big year.

It depends on what you lose for your keepers. If you lose the first three rounds I would keep holt, fitz and brown. If you lose the reound where you drafted them the year before, I would keep the three that you don't feel that you can draft in the upcoming draft. pending on your draft position you may be able to keep Gates, Fitz and holt and draft Brown at you draft position. also look to deal on of you WR for extra draft picks.

It depends on what you lose for your keepers. If you lose the first three rounds I would keep holt, fitz and brown. If you lose the reound where you drafted them the year before, I would keep the three that you don't feel that you can draft in the upcoming draft. pending on your draft position you may be able to keep Gates, Fitz and holt and draft Brown at you draft position. also look to deal on of you WR for extra draft picks.

I knew I forgot an importan piece of info. I have the 9th pick out of 10. I won the league last year..we have a new person coming in and he has the first 3 picks and the pick after me.

I'm kinda worried Brown won't be there by the 9th pick.

I'd Go with the Stud WR's and Brown. I don't know who will be available but I doubt Brown will fall that far to you in the first round. I think you can find good value for TE later in the drafts. Probably not Gates like production, but who knows what going to happen with Gates numbers this year anyway. I don't see Holt or Boldins production going down. I think a more balanced attack in St. Louis will help Holt.

I'd Go with the Stud WR's and Brown. I don't know who will be available but I doubt Brown will fall that far to you in the first round. I think you can find good value for TE later in the drafts. Probably not Gates like production, but who knows what going to happen with Gates numbers this year anyway. I don't see Holt or Fitz's production going down. I think a more balanced attack in St. Louis will help Holt.

Corrected (Changed Boldin to Fitz)

I'd keep Holt, Fitz, and Brown. most likely the owners of Shockey and Gonzo will face a similar dilema, and I like the depth of servicable Te's, available late this season.

I'd keep Holt, Fitz, and Brown. most likely the owners of Shockey and Gonzo will face a similar dilema, and I like the depth of servicable Te's, available late this season.

Thanks for catching the mistake. I guess if you accidently switch up WRs these guys are the ones to do it with. I'll have to be more careful around you savy veteran posters :mad:

Agreed. Gates is a stud and I know the value based drafters in the audience will want to go with the TE that has a huge advantage over the rest of the TEs below him. But Holt and Fitz give you two elite WRs and in my book that's way more value than one of each position you are considering.

Brown is a good player to keep. He should at least be a strong #2 RB in a 2-RB starting lineup.

Brown and Fitzgerald are no-brainers here.

Next you go with Gates at the less than stellar TE position. WRs can be had in the early rounds that will help you.

I'd Go with the Stud WR's and Brown. I don't know who will be available but I doubt Brown will fall that far to you in the first round. I think you can find good value for TE later in the drafts. Probably not Gates like production, but who knows what going to happen with Gates numbers this year anyway. I don't see Holt or Boldins production going down. I think a more balanced attack in St. Louis will help Holt.

This would be my choice, also. Of the 4, my biggest concern is the qb situation in sd.

Holt, Fitz, Brown. :thumbsup:

If my starting WR's were those two guys, I would feel comfortable knowing I'd slaughter the other guys receivers. you get that with Gates, but both those guys will put up better numbers than Gates will.

Grab Todd Heap or Heath Miller much later and see little drop off from Gates to one of these guys.

see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=214943