Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

Did Willie Mays Purposely Ignore Josh Hamilton?

Did anyone else notice Willie Mays ignore Josh Hamilton during All-Star Game Intros? Hamilton gets announced and runs out towards center. The camera pans back and Wille is looking towards the left fielders. Hamilton runs up besides Mays and pats him on the back. Mays never turns towards Josh, instead keeps looking away. Hamilton steps back and shakes the hand of Fukodome. Mays never acknowldeged him. :P

:P

Nah, Willie is just old. He prolly thought he was in the buffet line at the local Denny's.

Mays didn't look like he gave a rats a$$ that he was there. I must've stepped away for a minute & missed the ol SOB ignore Hamilton .. I believe every poster on this bored so I give ol Willie :P :overhead:

While we're on the topic....did I see Wade Boggs with a Yankee cap :cry: I know he played for them and is in the Bronx but come on, he was a shadow of his former self while playing in pinstripes :P :overhead:

He had 7 straight 200 hit seasons with Boston and never cracked 170 in 5 seasons with NY. :banana:

While we're on the topic....did I see Wade Boggs with a Yankee cap :wall: I know he played for them and is in the Bronx but come on, he was a shadow of his former self while playing in pinstripes :unsure: :wave:

He had 7 straight 200 hit seasons with Boston and never cracked 170 in 5 seasons with NY. :thumbsdown:

It's a tip ring and career-defining moments came in NY.

Also I laughed my ass off when I saw him in a Yanks cap. Way to go, Wade. :hifive:

Who is Willie Mays? :unsure:

Last name is Hayes, called his shot a few times in an Indians uniform and just came up short of going yard everytime

Did anyone else notice Willie Mays ignore Josh Hamilton during All-Star Game Intros? Hamilton gets announced and runs out towards center. The camera pans back and Wille is looking towards the left fielders. Hamilton runs up besides Mays and pats him on the back. Mays never turns towards Josh, instead keeps looking away. Hamilton steps back and shakes the hand of Fukodome. Mays never acknowldeged him. :thumbsdown:

i saw that but they didnt stay with them long..so im assuming eventually he talked to josh...you have an old guy and a japanese player..im sure willie was trying to figure out why fu ku cubs was even there..what a freeking joke...ichiro lite..

Last name is Hayes, called his shot a few times in an Indians uniform and just came up short of going yard everytime

I swore they were going to announce him as "Willie Mays Hayes"....

And yeah, I noticed the ignore job on his part. All said, he looked like he didn't give a fock about being there at all. Didn't tip his hat or acknowledge the fans all that much when he was announced either. Probably pissed about his nephew Barry getting the snub...speaking of which, nice to see Hank Aaron....IN PERSON.

He probably doesn't like the fact that Hamilton is obviously using some kind of performance-enhancing drug and is using it to propel himself to stardom. Of course, Willie supported Barry, so maybe that theory doesn't hold water.