Sign in to follow this  
Thunder Hokies

Colston for rookies Smith and Jones?

I'm in a 12 team dynasty league with standard scoring and a starting lineup requirement of 1QB, 2WRs, 2RBs, 1TE, 1WR/RB and 6ADPs.

I had the 3rd overall pick, after a dismal season, and drafted Mendenhall. I also traded my 2nd round pick and Fargas for QB Schaub. This team is average, with potential, but I think I need to rebuild my RBs. The only chip I think will generate interest is WR Colston. I'm thinking of offering the following to an owner that had the 5th pick (Kevin Smith) and 6th pick (Felix Jones):

WR Colston and TE Heap for rookies RB Kevin Smith and RB Felix Jones.

Is this deal reasonable? Is this a good deal for me? Would you do the deal if you were on the other end?

My team:

QB Schaub

WR Colston

WR Coles

RB Parker

RB Graham

TE Witten

WR/RB Mendenhall

BN1 WR Berrian

BN2 WR Hackett

BN3 RB S. Alexander

BN4 RB L. Jordan

BN5 RB D. Walker (Hou)

BN6 RB M. Morris (Sea)

BN7 TE Heap

BN8 QB Edwards

His Team:

QB Romo

WR Driver

WR Engram

RB S. Young

RB L. WHite

TE Franks

WR/RB K. Smith

BN1 WR Bruce

BN2 WR H. Ward

BN3 WR K. Walter

BN4 RB M. Bush

BN5 RB F. Jones

BN6 RB K. Keith

BN7 RB T. Henry

BN8 QB T. Collins

I'm in a 12 team dynasty league with standard scoring and a starting lineup requirement of 1QB, 2WRs, 2RBs, 1TE, 1WR/RB and 6ADPs.

I had the 3rd overall pick, after a dismal season, and drafted Mendenhall. I also traded my 2nd round pick and Fargas for QB Schaub. This team is average, with potential, but I think I need to rebuild my RBs. The only chip I think will generate interest is WR Colston. I'm thinking of offering the following to an owner that had the 5th pick (Kevin Smith) and 6th pick (Felix Jones):

WR Colston and TE Heap for rookies RB Kevin Smith and RB Felix Jones.

Is this deal reasonable? Is this a good deal for me? Would you do the deal if you were on the other end?

My team:

QB Schaub

WR Colston

WR Coles

RB Parker

RB Graham

TE Witten

WR/RB Mendenhall

BN1 WR Berrian

BN2 WR Hackett

BN3 RB S. Alexander

BN4 RB L. Jordan

BN5 RB D. Walker (Hou)

BN6 RB M. Morris (Sea)

BN7 TE Heap

BN8 QB Edwards

His Team:

QB Romo

WR Driver

WR Engram

RB S. Young

RB L. WHite

TE Franks

WR/RB K. Smith

BN1 WR Bruce

BN2 WR H. Ward

BN3 WR K. Walter

BN4 RB M. Bush

BN5 RB F. Jones

BN6 RB K. Keith

BN7 RB T. Henry

BN8 QB T. Collins

His RB situation is worse than yours... I don't see it happening.

yeah i agree his RB situation is worse than yours....

I do understand your reasoning for wanting to rebuild your Rb's in a Dynasty format, but I think you'll be OK if Graham gets back on the field.... if you deal Colston you'll be real thin at Wr.... I'd keep what you have and hope Tampa ponies up a little dough to keep Graham happy and get him out there for camp.... GL

With a team in that situation, trading one of your only sure things for two hopefuls could be a bad way to go. Keep production you know you have, and hope a few things fall your way in coming years. Your Parker/Mendenhall combo should be nice for years to come as the Steelers are a reliable franchise. Colston is a young guy in an explosive offense who is only getting better and through the draft and possibly some luck you could be a serious contender in a few years if things go right. I'd stay where I was unless a much better deal came along, or you risk ruining one of the only reliable things you have to build around.

Good luck, and welcome to the "bored." :music_guitarred:

With a team in that situation, trading one of your only sure things for two hopefuls could be a bad way to go. Keep production you know you have, and hope a few things fall your way in coming years. Your Parker/Mendenhall combo should be nice for years to come as the Steelers are a reliable franchise. Colston is a young guy in an explosive offense who is only getting better and through the draft and possibly some luck you could be a serious contender in a few years if things go right. I'd stay where I was unless a much better deal came along, or you risk ruining one of the only reliable things you have to build around.

Good luck, and welcome to the "bored." :cheers:

That's good advice right there. Too many people get smitten by the potential of someone and overlook the existing production of players. The idea isn't to win three years from now, it's to win now AND win three years from now. If you have or inherit a bad or old team (which I did), I can see ditching some of your players for potential of others, but trading a guy like Colston for somebody completely unproven is could hurt you in the short and long term.