Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Trade... all be it minor

Moz gives Josh Gordon and 12.9 to WW for B. Pierce and 11.11.

Accepted

I'll be honest. From the moment I elected not to use my transitional tag, I was after Josh Gordon. Figured I can stash him on my bench and hope he gets reinstated and doesn't follow the Blackmon route.

Was set to take him in the 6th, then the 8th but I kept getting greedy and Moz sniped me in the 9th.

Don't like having to trade for him since a season long suspension likely would mean I could have added him later off waivers but maybe I'll hit a jackpot and he only gets 8 games or something. That would just be icing.

Also I had Pierce in a group of 3 backs and did ultimately choose him hoping it would help facilitate a deal.

I'll be honest. From the moment I elected not to use my transitional tag, I was after Josh Gordon. Figured I can stash him on my bench and hope he gets reinstated and doesn't follow the Blackmon route.

Was set to take him in the 6th, then the 8th but I kept getting greedy and Moz sniped me in the 9th.

Don't like having to trade for him since a season long suspension likely would mean I could have added him later off waivers but maybe I'll hit a jackpot and he only gets 8 games or something. That would just be icing.

Also I had Pierce in a group of 3 backs and did ultimately choose him hoping it would help facilitate a deal.

no harm in the deal. i like this kind of thing, u dont give up a lot but can reap some serious rewards if things shake out right. well done.

I wouldnt touch gordon but thats me. I think dofferently than mosy ffballers. Just ask my dynasty counterparts.

i think its a worthwhile risk for what amounts to a 9th round pick and the small move down in the late rounds. Im not even talking about this year mind you, its simply a shot to have a Stud player for a 4th round pick next year.

my team was behind the 8 ball to start the year. I did as shitty as i've ever done in a fantasy league last year in terms of drafting and it left me with not a lot of options for franchise and transitional keepers. when i saw the late round 1 pick i decided..... screw it, i'll save the transitional tag and try to draft some high upside guys like Cordarelle, and try to take a shot on Gordon.

now im sure Gordon will get busted for coke next week and get a lifetime ban and Bernard Pierce will light the NFL on fire and be a 1st round pick next year but i'll take the gamble.

I thought I would Get Pierce with my next pick - but with WW taking him I needed Pierce as Rice is likely to miss the first game or 2. Gordon was nothing more than a fyler IF he only got a 8 game suspension which is a pipe dream in itself.

i love how WW is playing for nxt yr already.

he's the dynasty guy always trading his players for young guys. then b4 they mature, rinse repeat.

vicious cycle.

i love how WW is playing for nxt yr already.

he's the dynasty guy always trading his players for young guys. then b4 they mature, rinse repeat.

vicious cycle.

LOL :lol: you couldn't be MORE wrong.

in my dynasty leagues I am the guy who profits off others infatuation with young, unproven talent. I tend to let young players mature on someone elses roster and then trade for them by giving up picks. Rinse and repeat. I actually make a point of telling anyone in dynasty discussions how picks and young talent are vastly overrated with the trade-aholic nature of most dynasty owners.

I am playing for this year, I would have left otherwise, but the construction of the new rules and my options made it an easy choice to keep an eye on 2015.

LOL :lol: you couldn't be MORE wrong.

in my dynasty leagues I am the guy who profits off others infatuation with young, unproven talent. I tend to let young players mature on someone elses roster and then trade for them by giving up picks. Rinse and repeat. I actually make a point of telling anyone in dynasty discussions how picks and young talent are vastly overrated with the trade-aholic nature of most dynasty owners.

I am playing for this year, I would have left otherwise, but the construction of the new rules and my options made it an easy choice to keep an eye on 2015.

i was just jerkn ur chain. u know me. :music_guitarred:

i was just jerkn ur chain. u know me. :music_guitarred:

yeah yeah but i had to respond. "playing for next year" goes against every fabric of my being in dynasty. there is no such thing as a "rebuild" :headbanger:

yeah yeah but i had to respond. "playing for next year" goes against every fabric of my being in dynasty. there is no such thing as a "rebuild" :headbanger:

i figured my comment would get a chuckle out of u