Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

In case you were Wondering....

my own, albeit it not as in depth analysis as fumble....

JScott:

1.01- QB Andrew Luck, Ind.

2.12- WR Alshon Jeffery, Chi.

3.01- WR Mike Evans, TB

4.12- RB Jonathan Stewart, Car.

5.01- RB Andre Ellington, Ari.

6.12- RB Giovani Bernard, Cin.

7.01- RB Isaiah Crowell, Cle.

8.12- TE Julius Thomas, Jax.

9.01- WR Allen Robinson, Jax.

10.12- WR Kendall Wright, Ten.

11.01- WR Eric Decker, NYJ

12.12- TE Kyle Rudolph, Min.

13.01- QB Joe Flacco, Bal.

14.12- D/ST, Philadelphia Eagles

15.01- K Connor Barth, Den.

16.12- WR Brian Quick, Stl.

Favorite pick: Probably Julius Thomas in the 8th. While there is a chance for him to be 'fat and happy' with his deal, a supremely talented tight end can be a best friend for a growing QB, especially when the receivers at his disposal are average at best. Thomas won't likely produce top 3 numbers but should outproduce his draft spot.

Least Favorite pick: Andrew Luck. I think this was obviously going to be my response from all the debate we had on the topic during the draft but I just can't see using a first round pick, let alone 1st overall on a QB. Despite any PPG statistics from 2014 its still a start 1 league and a best ball format to boot. As fumble alluded to in his analysis, when you consider the format of the league, just how much of an advantage will Luck provide over the best ball scores of some other QB combinations? At the same time it left JScott a bit thin in other areas, namely at RB.

Overall outlook / Analysis: I think Luck is going to have to be otherworldly to overcome going first overall. However, the bigger key to success will be the play of J Stew and Ellington. Can stewart finally stay healthy? Can Ellington handle a full workload? What about the rookie they brought in? I agree with Fumble that this team is not one of the "top" teams in terms of who I think will ultimately contend for a No-Hassle title, mostly because I am not a fan of the overall outlook at RB and also not a fan of the WRs behind Alshon and Evans.... I do think Alshon was a great get in round 3 but didn't make him my 'favorite pick' because it was more of a 'fell in the lap' kind of selection.

Fumbleweed:

1.02- RB Jamaal Charles, KC

2.11- WR Randall Cobb, GB

3.02- RB Carlos Hyde, SF

4.11- WR DeSean Jackson, Was.

5.02- QB Peyton Manning, Den.

6.11- RB Joique Bell, Det.

7.02- RB Ameer Abdullah, Det.

8.11- WR Mike Wallace, Min.

9.02- WR Brandon Lafell, NE

10.11- TE Dwayne Allen, Ind.

11.02- RB Knile Davis, KC

12.11- QB Teddy Bridgewater, Min.

13.02- TE Tyler Eifert, Cin.

14.11- WR Donte Moncrief, Ind.

15.02- K Mason Crosby, GB

16.11- D/ST, Arizona Cardinals

Favorite pick: The picks of abdullah and davis. Davis lasted way too long and these two picks ensure the Fumble has the starting RB of the chiefs and lions locked up which is a nice thing in this format where there are no waivers to help when your top back goes down...

Least Favorite pick: As fumble said, this would be D-Jax. although if there is any format in which I can stomach owning D-Jax, this is it. Non PPR helps boost his value a bit and the BB format lets you take advantage of his monster games...... just not in the 4th round.

Overall outlook/ Analysis: If Peyton Manning is his pro bowl self, then the trio of charles, cobb and manning can certainly keep this team in contention for the title. The depth / insurance picks at RB will also go a long way in that regard. Im not huge on Carlos Hyde but I don't think he will break Fumbles chances if he is only mediocre while an exceptional year from Hyde could put Fumble over the top. My biggest concern with this team is the WR position where I already mentioned my dislike of Jackson and I don't like Mike Wallace at all as a number 3. I don't expect much of anything from LaFell for the games Brady is out and he won't be the most reliable option even with Brady back. Probably one of the weaker overall WR groups.

The Football Guru:

1.03- RB Marshawn Lynch, Sea.

2.10- WR A.J. Green, Cin.

3.03- WR DeAndre Hopkins, Hou.

4.10- RB T.J. Yeldon, Jax.

5.03- RB Jospeh Randle, Dal.

6.10- TE Martellus Bennett, Chi.

7.03- WR Vincent Jackson, TB

8.10- QB Philip Rivers, SD

9.03- TE Antonio Gates, SD

10.10- RB Shane Vereen, NYG

11.03- WR John Brown, Ari.

12.10- RB Matt Jones, Was.

13.03- QB Carson Palmer, Ari.

14.10- WR Stevie Johnson, SD

15.03- K Adam Vinatieri, Ind.

16.10- D/ST, Denver Broncos

Favorite pick: Honestly, I almost don't have a favorite pick. AJ Green doesn't count because he waqs clearly the last of a tier and it was a no brainer pick so my choice is actually Shane Vereen in the 10th. I think this is excellent value even in non PPR formats. We do need to see how he will be used with the Giants but he is a tremendously talented player capable of giving big games in this format.

Least Favorite pick: I would probably echo Fumbles selection of Martellus Bennett here. I think round 6 is too early and i'd rather have waited and snagged a Julius Thomas in round 8.

Overall outlook / Analysis: This team just scares me. Im not worried about Marshawn but I am worried about Yeldon and Randle. Im also a little worried that Hopkins is a tad overvalued given the QB situation. Rivers needs to bounce back, as I don't trust Carson Palmer at all. We already covered Bennett.... Gates could be the better value when all is said and done..... I don't really see a no hassle title contender here, unfortunately.

RicemanX:

1.04- RB Adrian Peterson, Min.

2.09- WR Jordy Nelson, GB

3.04- WR T.Y. Hilton, Ind.

4.09- RB Latavius Murray, Oak.

5.04- WR Julian Edelman, NE

6.09- QB Tom Brady, NE

7.04- WR Kevin White, Chi.

8.09- RB Ryan Mathews, Phi.

9.04- RB Devonta Freeman, Atl.

10.09- TE Coby Fleener, Ind.

11.04- RB David Johnson, Ari.

12.09- TE Jace Amaro, NYJ

13.04- D/ST, Seattle Seahawks

14.09- QB Josh McCown, Cle.

15.04- WR Dwayne Bowe, Cle.

16.09- K Phil Dawson, SF

Favorite pick: ADP. It's who I was hoping would somehow drop to me but in this league of savvy veterans, I knew that was never happening. I think he comes back with a vengeance.

Least Favorite pick: It's nit picky but the selection of McCown in cleveland, regardless of schedule was too risky / waited too long for my taste with Brady's situation. Other than that im not big on TY Hilton but ill leave him out of this spot because I see him as a better version of DJAX with a better QB.

Overall outlook / Analysis: Will the champ defend his crown? Peterson, Nelson and Brady once he returns certainly rivals the trio Fumbleweed has. I like Lat Murray as well. My biggest concern with ricemans ability to repeat would be the RB's behind ADP and Murray. Never been high on Mathews and he will need a Demarco injury as well as his own health to stay in tact which has always been an issue. Freeman does not inspire me. Also, the tight ends are meh.... In the end I see riceman hanging around most of the year but not the eventual champion.

Vikings4Ever:

1.05- RB Eddie Lacy, GB

2.08- WR Calvin Johnson, Det.

3.05- RB Melvin Gordon, SD

4.08- WR Brandon Marshall, NYJ

5.05- TE Travis Kelce, KC

6.08- WR Jarvis Landry, Mia.

7.05- RB Tre' Mason, Stl.

8.08- QB Ryan Tannehill, Mia.

9.05- WR Nelson Agholor, Phi.

10.08- TE Jordan Cameron, Mia.

11.05- RB Chris Ivory, NYJ

12.08- QB Jay Cutler, Chi.

13.05- WR Terrance Williams, Dal.

14.08- RB Denard Robinson, Jax.

15.05- K Cody Parkey, Phi.

16.08- D/ST, Pittsburgh Steelers

Favorite pick: A lot of picks that I like but im actually going to put Jarvis Landry here. I think he has the potential to be a very consistent scorer and continue to build a nice rapport with Tanny.

Least Favorite pick: Again I am going to agree with Fumble. Too early for Tre Mason. Honestly even if Gurly misses time or is a bust, im not a big Tre Mason fan.

Overall outlook / Analysis: I do think this team can compete for the no hassle title. With the exception of Mason, I like the RB's where he got them.. I like the WR group a lot. Im not all that high on Marshall but he should score TDs in new york. I like the upside of the tight end duo and while the QB duo doesn't excite me, I think it has just enough upside to make things interesting. If there is a position holding this team back it probably is QB... but Vikes might get just enough out of them to contend.

Robb:

1.06- RB Le'Veon Bell, Pit.

2.07- WR Julio Jones, Atl.

3.06- RB Justin Forsett, Bal.

4.07- WR Keenan Allen, SD

5.06- QB Russell Wilson, Sea.

6.07- RB Tevin Coleman, Atl.

7.06- WR Michael Floyd, Ari.

8.07- QB Tony Romo, Dal.

9.06- WR Torrey Smith, SF

10.07- TE Zach Ertz, Phi.

11.06- WR Kenny Stills, Mia.

12.07- RB Darren Sproles, Phi.

13.06- D/ST, Buffalo Bills

14.07- RB Alfred Blue, Hou.

15.06- K Justin Tucker, Bal.

16.07- TE Larry Donnell, NYG

Favorite pick: Julio Jones. I think the spots to draft this year are 5 and 6. To be able to get RB's like Lacy and Bell and pair them with WRs like Julio and Calvin..... Im a huge Julio fan and almost took him over ODB.

Least Favorite pick: Tevin Coleman at 6.07... way too early.

Overall outlook / Analysis: If Bells suspension is not reduced, and I dont think it will be then we all know the first few weeks will be a struggle and Robb will bee to tread water. I do like Forsett with Trestman in town but after that, im not seeing much I like at RB without some injuries (Foster, Freeman)... Im also not as high on the WR group as others are. Keenan Allen needs to prove himself over the sophomore slump. Michael Floyd needs to take the next step that everyone expected him to take last year, though that could be easy to do if Palmer stays on the field. I don't care much for Kenny Stills. Tanny isn't a deep ball QB and Torrey Smith falls in that DJax / TY Hilton category for me. Guys I don't love for where they get drafted but will admit that at least they project better in this format than a standard PPR league. I do really like the Wilson/Romo QB combo in this format.

White Wonder:

1.07- RB LeSean McCoy, Buf.

2.06- WR Odell Beckham, Jr., NYG

3.07- TE Jimmy Graham, Sea.

4.06- RB Lamar Miller, Mia.

5.07- RB LeGarrette Blount, NE

6.06- WR Roddy White, Atl.

7.07- WR Jeremy Maclin, KC

8.06- QB Eli Manning, NYG

9.07- WR Charles Johnson, Min.

10.06- TE Josh Hill, NO

11.07- QB Colin Kaepernick, SF

12.06- RB Fred Jackson, Buf.

13.07- RB Cameron Artis-Payne, Car.

14.06- WR Kenny Britt, Stl.

15.07- K Steven Hauschka, Sea.

16.06- D/ST, Kansas City Chiefs

Favorite pick: Odell Beckham Jr was likely my best pick

Least Favorite pick: its my team so I really don't have one. I regret not having a better #2 WR but I think I have two pretty solid WR 3's which isn't bad considering I took 3 RBs and Jimmy Graham in the first 5 rounds.

Overall outlook: Im not insanely high on McCoy and would have really prefered to draft in V4E's slot (Lacy Calvin combo). That said, I don't personally see a weakness on my team (homer goggles maybe?) While White and Maclin are not sexy, combining them with ODB and Charles Johnson makes for a solid top 4, imo. And while Lamar Miller is not a sexy RB2, I think he was a good get for round 4 and unlike most, I am very excited about Blount's situation. After he misses his 1 game, I think he could be a beast in standard scoring, BB format. When you consider that I rarely take a TE early, I think I did as well as could be expected with my RB and WR depth to compensate and JG was well worth the mid 3rd price. I also happen to think the Eli/Kaep combo is a good BB combo even though I was targeting Cam...... in short, I do think I can contend for the crown but likely not pull it out.

ICEMAN:

1.08- RB Matt Forte, Chi.

2.05- QB Aaron Rodgers, GB

3.08- WR Jordan Matthews, Phi.

4.05- RB Frank Gore, Ind.

5.08- TE Greg Olsen, Car.

6.05- WR Martavis Bryant, Pit.

7.08- WR Marques Colston, NO

8.05- RB Doug Martin, TB

9.08- RB Terrance West, Cle.

10.05- WR Breshad Perriman, Bal.

11.08- TE Vernon Davis, SF

12.05- WR Rueben Randle, NYG

13.08- K Stephen Gostkowski, NE

14.05- D/ST, St. Louis Rams

15.08- QB Robert Griffin III, Was.

16.05- RB Jonas Gray, NE

Favorite pick: My favorite pick by Iceman would have to be Matt Forte. Reason being I think he didn't get cute and overthink the pick and took the last of the "Star RB's". I considered taking Forte myself.

Least Favorite pick: my least favorite pick may have been Frank Gore in the 4th. I just think at some point he is going to break down and I don't see this as a Corey Dillon situation.

Overall outlook / Analysis: I feel like I am agreeing with Fumble a lot but I think the team Iceman has put together is in the lower half or possibly bottom of the league. I don't keep track of everyone's track records so I take Fumbles word when he says ICEMAN has a great history of performance in this league but I think Olsen was drafted a little high, the WR group scares the heck out of me even though I like the upside of Bryant and Perriman... it's a group that could end up seriously lacking. Im also not a fan of the RB's after Forte in terms of where they were drafted although I will add that I think Doug Martin is the RB to own in Tampa this year. Much like JScott, this is what happens to the rest of a team when you take a QB early but I certainly can't fault Rodgers in the middle of the 2nd round. Especially when you consider Luck went 1.1

Dan:

1.09- TE Rob Gronkowski, NE

2.04- RB Arian Foster, Hou.

3.09- WR Emmanuel Sanders, Den.

4.04- WR Sammy Watkins, Buf.

5.09- QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit.

6.04- RB C.J. Spiller, NO

7.09- WR Steve Smith, Bal.

8.04- RB Darren McFadden, Dal.

9.09- WR Pierre Garcon, Was.

10.04- RB Duke Johnson, Cle.

11.09- WR Cody Lattimer, Den.

12.04- TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TB

13.09- WR Michael Crabtree, Oak.

14.04- D/ST, New York Jets

15.09- K Blair Walsh, Min.

16.04- QB Jameis Winston, TB

Favorite pick: My favorite pick was Arian Foster. Dan took a risk in round 1 by taking a tight end and I think Foster, while risky, was a very savvy selection in terms of getting a guy who can easily be a top 5 RB at pick 2.4... Really dampens the potential hurt that taking a TE so early can put on the rest of your team and I will discuss how well Dan managed this further down.

Least Favorite pick: Big Ben in the 5th. I like Big Ben, I just think he is the type of QB you wait and target in round 7.

Overall outlook: So yes, health is going to be key with this team, as Fumble mentioned... thats only natural to point out with guys like Foster, Spiller, DMac, Gronk, Crabtree all having extensive injury histories..... but what I really like is how Dan went about building his team after taking a tight end in round 1 which I could never bring myself to do. The pick of Foster gives him a potential top 5 RB, he grabbed two young, talented WRs in Sanders and Watkins. CJ Spiller will certainly have a role in New Orleans and I personally think Darren McFadden could be in for big things in Dallas. He properly waited for a back up tight end, which is what you do when you use a 1st round pick on one.... about the only mistake I saw was going QB in round 5. MAYBE for someone like Brees but even so, after taking the early tight end I would have rather seen Dan just wait until the 7th or 8th for his QB and add to his RB or WR depth in round 5. Also wanted to mention that I personally think Garcon was a nice value in round 9.

Shovelheadt:

1.10- WR Antonio Brown, Pit.

2.03- RB Jeremy Hill, Cin.

3.10- RB Alfred Morris, Was.

4.03- WR Andre Johnson, Ind.

5.10- WR Golden Tate, Det.

6.03- QB Matt Ryan, Atl.

7.10- RB Bishop Sankey, Ten.

8.03- QB Matthew Stafford, Det.

9.10- RB David Cobb, Ten.

10.03- WR Marvin Jones, Cin.

11.10- TE Maxx Williams, Bal.

12.03- TE Jared Cook, Stl.

13.10- D/ST, Cincinnati Bengals

14.03- RB Roy Helu, Jr., Oak.

15.10- WR Percy Harvin, Buf.

16.03- K Mike Nugent, Cin.

Favorite pick: Andre Johnson at 4.3... some might find it early but I think he is in for a monster season in Indy.

Least Favorite pick: Opposite sentiment of Fumble here as my least favorite pick was Stafford. I think after taking Matty Ice in round 6, round 8 was a bit too soon for the QB2. I won't hide the fact that I was interested in Stafford but he has been a bit of a disappointment the last two seasons, even with all those weapons.

Overall outlook: I sort of agree again with Fumble here. I dont like much of this draft from round 8 and beyond. Im not sure having the Titans backfield is a good thing as I think we might be looking at a time share there. Really not a fan of the TE situation Shovel has going on. I like Marvin Jones as a player but am not sure what to expect coming off last season and I already touched on the Stafford pick. But i do really like Brown/Andre/Tate as a top trio of WR's and I more or less like the combo of Hill and Morris for a standard scoring league. not sure I see a title contender here but a solid enough team.

Ray Lewis' Limo Driver:

1.11- WR Dez Bryant, Dal.

2.02- WR Demaryius Thomas, Den.

3.11- RB Mark Ingram, NO

4.02- RB Todd Gurley, Stl.

5.11- QB Drew Brees, NO

6.02- RB Rashad Jennings, NYG

7.11- WR Victor Cruz, NYG

8.02- TE Owen Daniels, Den.

9.11- WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari.

10.02- RB Jay Ajayi, Mia.

11.11- RB Reggie Bush, SF

12.02- WR DeVante Parker, Mia.

13.11- QB Andy Dalton, Cin.

14.02- TE Eric Ebron, Det.

15.11- D/ST, Houston Texans

16.02- K Shaun Suisham, Pit.

Favorite pick: Dez Bryant at 1.11.... I think it could have been easy for RLLD to reach for a RB, knowing how much WR talent would still be there for him in round 2. I applaud taking the best WR on the board.

Least Favorite Pick: This is very hard to write. Dem Thomas was actually my least favorite pick. Well, that might not be entirely true but lets just say I didn't like the pick. I would rather take a guy like Foster in that spot knowing that the WR depth in round 3 will be better than what is left at RB and having to ultimately select Mark Ingram...

Overall outlook / Analysis: This WR group has the potential to be scary, if Carson Palmer stays healthy and Fitzgerald makes any strides in Arians' offense and if Cruz comes back healthy. However, the RB situation scares me as I do not trust Ingram to repeat and really dislike him as a 3rd rounder and I don't trust Gurley this season. Its also hard for me to trust Jennings. Reggie Bush may have been the best value Ray got at RB in this draft. No qualms with the QB combo and Owen Daniels could pay big dividends as the Julius replacement, though Owen is getting up there in years.... If Brees has a good season and proves to be better value than his 5th round tag and if a few of Rays RB's work out then this team could contend but im seriously doubting that RB position.

Remote Controller:

1.12- RB C.J. Anderson, Den.

2.01- RB DeMarco Murray, Phi.

3.12- WR Kelvin Benjamin, Car.

4.01- WR Brandin Cooks, NO

5.12- WR Amari Cooper, Oak.

6.01- QB Cam Newton, Car.

7.12- RB Charles Sims, TB

8.01- WR Anquan Boldin, SF

9.12- TE Jason Witten, Dal.

10.01- TE Delanie Walker, Ten.

11.12- WR Davante Adams, GB

12.01- RB Montee Ball, Den.

13.12- RB Javorius Allen, Bal.

14.01- QB Derek Carr, Oak.

15.12- K Dan Bailey, Dal.

16.01- D/ST, Green Bay Packers

Favorite pick: Kelvin Benjamin. Good value at 3.12 in our format.

Least Favorite pick: Toss up between Murray and Charles Sims but i'll go with Sims because I do not think he is special and I do think Martin will be the bigger producer.

Overall outlook: I really like the WR group RC put together. Boldin is undervalued annually and the trio of Benjamin, Cooks and Cooper makes me jealous. If CJ Anderson has a repeat performance and if Demarco Murray puts up numbers in Chip's offense, this team might be one of my favorites. Now I don't personally like Murray this season, which is why I almost picked him as my least favorite pick because I think 2.1 is too early but I won't deny the potential for good things. But after all the carries last season and the fact Sproles and Mathews are in the fold.... I just don't know. Love Cam Newton in this format but wish RC would have secured a safer QB2. Kind of how I view Kaepernick as a poor mans Cam in this format, I would have liked to see RC grab a poor mans Eli (Flacco, Dalton, etc) rather than Derek Carr in year 2. Witten and Walker is a good combo and I like Walker better. Murray will be the key to this team contending for the No Hassle crown.

Thanks WW. Carr was my target from the get go, after having to settle for cam. I knew I had to wait and he is in for great numbers this year in a much improved Raiders Offense. I like his steady 250 and 2 predictability this season. I think my wideouts are very strong and that makes my first two picks look real solid. I think the 12 hole is a GREAT draft position this season.

Thanks for the write-up, Wonder. Good read!