Sign in to follow this  
saiamne

Palmer? Delhomme? Def on Bye?

Couple Questions this morning...

Quarterbacks...I've got Carson Palmer and Jake Delhomme...playing eachother Sunday and not sure who to put in...and my Def is on Bye

Palmer or Delhomme in wk 7?

Can I drop Delhomme for a 1 wk Def?

Keep both and play w/o a Def this week?

Which Def - Ari or Atl?

If I drop Delhomme do I replace him in wk 8 with another QB or just use the slot as a waiver rotation?

Commentary:

Palmer would be the obvious choice playing at home this week...except, well, he's kinda lukewarm...after a merely ok start to the season I expected alot more from him comming off his Bye week - he didn't do anything special against TB, and Cin lost...since Delhomme got Smith back Palmer/Delhomme have had pretty even stats/rating...

Delhomme on the other hand has put up good numbers since Steve Smith came back...even with shaky performaces in the first 2 games w/o Smith he's got about 200 yds on Palmer, less INT's, and his O Line has protected him better...Carolina's comming off a win against a really good Defense (I don't think Bal defense is as good as the hype but it's good, and Smith did get some luck)...beat TB when they played

no really clear advantage to either one facing the opposing Defense...Car Def has been only a hair better than Cinc's Def (few more Pyds, few less Ryds allowed)

Next up...I've got Chicago Def on Bye this week...along with Holt, Bush, and Colston...meaning I only have 1 player to sit on the bench this week...one of my quarterbacks...normally I wouldn't sweat a Defense too much, but I've been getting by this season relying on points from Chicago because I'm pretty weak at RB (just picked Kevin Jones up last week in a lucky trade, and what a week to get him!)

this week with all my Byes, I'm weak everywhere...Smith is golden, but Keyshawn Johnson can't replace Holt...K. Jones is in a great position this week, but Dunn kinda sucks (his numbers last week are artificially good because of that 90 yd rush) and is playing Pittsburg (won't be good)...Carnell Williams hasn't been playing nearly as good as he should, only 1 TD on the year, and Philadelphia is pretty strong against the run

Is there anything I can do here? My game this week will be close even with a Def in, my opponent has a slight edge over me, but not by alot, I'll need luck to win...right now, because of a monster week last week (look at my lineup, and imagine I had all the right picks in...it was a huge week 6) I'm sitting at #1 in my league and would like to stay there...

If I do drop Delhomme I've got a couple decent options to replace him for backup (Kitna, A. Smith, Leftwich), or am I better off with a waiver slot open?

Couple Questions this morning...

Which Def - Ari or Atl?

If I drop Delhomme do I replace him in wk 8 with another QB or just use the slot as a waiver rotation?

Delhomme - remember the guy named Steve Smith??

No - see above

Can't you drop anyone else from your roster?

ARI

Don't drop Delhomme.

Please pick a QB for me..

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=246417

Yes, tough call. If it were me in your situation, I think I would stick with Palmer and drop "Delholdme". You are right, since he got Smith back he is much better (amazing how one-dimensional that offense is). However, on paper Delhomme has an easier schedule of pass defenses coming up.

Yea, I would stick with Palmer only for his stud factor for this week, drop Delhomme to get a bye week plugin for defense.. Then just play the rotation game for the rest of the season.

Some tough calls here.... personally I like Palmer at home this week. I think he will start to put up some points. So start carson.... but then some serious decisions. First if you need a starting defense this week than you would have to give up delhomme. You gotta decide if you wanna just go with one QB the rest of your season, and Delhomme defintelty be the one to drop cause he still has his bye coming up. A trade of delhomme and one of your TE's for a back - might be the way to go. I am not sure dropping Delhomme, and picking up a bye week fill in defense is way to go. Try the trade and then pick up the Arizona D. Lot of turnovers they get and Raiders will fumble the game away...

Which Def - Ari or Atl?

============================

Tough call on the QBs as both are good/great and very capable of putting up huge numbers. However, Cincy has injuries to its O-line, (Tackle Levi Jones and Center Rich Braham), that are going to hamper Palmer, (and Rudi Johnson for that matter). Delhomme has been fine since Steve Smith's return.

As far as which Defense to go with, Atlanta is facing a resurging Steelers team, (that needs to keep winning to stay in contention for a playoff spot), and the Card's Defense looked very sharp against the Bears last Monday Night, and are facing a horid Raiders team this week.

Tough call. I would stick with Palmer because he simply has more weapons. Pickup AZ's D, they force a fair amount of turnovers and play the Raiders this week.

Nobody else I can drop unfortunately...Delhomme is my only bench player, it's him or nothing

However, everyone else in my league has better QB's than Delhomme, plus Kitna, A. Smith, and Leftwich are all available (everyone else in my league is playing 1QB and rotating a waiver slot unlike me)...I'd almost prefer Leftwich over Delhomme for the rest of the season anyway since they've got such an easy schedule...he's got ankle problems now, but I wouldn't need him right away

If Shockley has another good week I could probably trade high on him and I could just keep Colston at TE the rest of the year with his Bye over this week, even though he's getting more attention he's still a solid WR target for Brees, and playing a WR at TE still feels unfair and I love it...depending on what I see this week I'd probably try to pair Shockley with Dunn or Williams (both should trade moderately) for a stronger RB #2...I'd like to keep Bush at #3/flex because this is a PPR league and he gets lots of dump passes...that would leave me 2 slots open - (drop QB#2 for temp Def + 2 for 1 trade)...I would probably grab a decent WR from the wire and leave 1 revolving waiver slot...or think about a new backup QB