Sign in to follow this  
philssteelers200

Am I nuts?

Granted, down at the end of my lineup, but am I nuts starting Proehl for Wilford this week as flex option. Already have Wayne going. Stokely and Clark out... Should be a high-scoring affair.

Rest of team (decimated by injuries):

QB: Bulger

WR: Wayne, Caldwell, Kennison

RB: J. Lewis, Jacobs

TE: Heap

WR/TE: PROEHL

WR/RB: Hackett (16 pts.)

K: Graham

D: Minn.

Bench: WILFORD, Houston, Lundy

Out: Brown, Jordan, D. Jackson

Leave post.

No you're not nuts....he can't be any worse than Wilford's been lately.....That's a high risk, high reward situation that I admire seeing you take....plus Jacksonville will probably smash Tennessee (especially w/ Young hurting) so they'll do more running....it'll be fun to watch "the shootout" that is Colts vs. Bengals anyway...

please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=260077

Still open, but no one there... 12 team league.

Picked up Hackett earlier this week and thought about Curry, but he has since been scooped up.

Others now there:

Bryant Johnson

Drew Bennett

Jurevicius

Parker

Bradley

T. Taylor

N. Washington

Bradley usually shines when given the opportunity (like weeks 10 and 11 when he posted back-to-back 60+yd./TD games) when another WR was hurt....check on Muhammed's status and see what he looks like (last I heard, he didn't practice today b/c of the hand injury)...Bradley might be a sleeper...just something to think about

Really don't want to count on a guy who posted back-to-back zeros. Plus, trying to limit the amount of money spent on pick-ups... ousted from championship last week (thanks D. Brees) and now playing for fifth, brings back money, sixth doesn't.

Logic?:

2 wrs on same team=bad idea+R Proehl-targets? In order of highest forseeable touches/targets/pts

J Jur

E parker(floyd)

N wash-steelers MuSt win this week-check status of H ward/c wilson.

Now getting cold feet. I think, screw it, bench Proehl and go with Wilford.

Utecht may get some of Proehl's looks, and Wilford was OK against Tennessee. I can live with four catches and 50-60 yds. out of that position. Either may get shutout, but Wilford, I think, has better upside.

BTW, I screwed myself by putting Hackett in WE/RB slot and knocked out any possibility of starting either Houston or Lundy (starting J. Lewis and Jacobs in RB-1, 2)

Thoughts?

If you have no other options I guess Proehl would be doable. Here's something to consider though since you said your waiver wire is still open.

Any chance Joe Jurevicious is still available? Since the change at QB he's begun to rack up some stats for a flex position player.

Week 13 - 6 rec, 75 yards

Week 14 - 7 rec, 111 yards

Both games Anderson started in. Plus you figure that Baltimore will be ahead and Cleveland will be passing again. Personally I'm debating picking him up myself and plugging him in to my last flex spot. I hate my other options atm.

Good luck

If you have no other options I guess Proehl would be doable. Here's something to consider though since you said your waiver wire is still open.

Any chance Joe Jurevicious is still available? Since the change at QB he's begun to rack up some stats for a flex position player.

Week 13 - 6 rec, 75 yards

Week 14 - 7 rec, 111 yards

Both games Anderson started in. Plus you figure that Baltimore will be ahead and Cleveland will be passing again. Personally I'm debating picking him up myself and plugging him in to my last flex spot. I hate my other options atm.

Good luck

I agree on Proehl, but I'd be looking real hard at the waiver wire.