Sign in to follow this  
Savior57

Keep League Help Needed

I'm about to declair my Keepers and have a couple of decisions to make.

Romo vs. Cutler

Charger's Defense vs. Cooley

Thanks!!

Here's my roster

QB Rex Grossman CHI 247.18 -

Tony Romo DAL 238.58 -

Jay Cutler DEN 89.04 -

RB Sammy Morris NWE 66.60 -

LaMont Jordan OAK 68.25 -

DeShaun Foster CAR 137.40 -

Tatum Bell DET 150.95 -

WR Muhsin Muhammad CHI 126.60 -

Steve Smith CAR 198.70 -

Reche Caldwell NWE 108.90

Kevin Curtis PHI 71.20 -

Marques Colston NOR 173.35

TE Chris Cooley WAS 111.70 -

Tony Scheffler DEN 52.90 -

K John Kasay CAR 100.00 -

Defense Minnesota Vikings MIN 210.00 -

San Diego Chargers SDG 218.00

This is a league with 6 keepers, but the keepers are restricted to the starting line-ups 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 TM

scoring is pretty standard

NO PPR

6 points for all TDs

2 pts for turnovers, 1 per sack

sliding scale for points and yardage allowed.

Thanks Again!

I think I'd rather Romo and Chargers D. We already know what Romo can do. Cutler might be great, but will it happen this year?

Thanks for the help, even though I had already pulled the trigger. Anyway, I would go with the majority here, Cutler and Charger D. I liked what I saw from Cutler in 5 games last season. He has young developing talent around him. I like Romo too, but, unlike the other comment, I think he is as much of a question mark as Cutler. I would go with the younger guy. I think they both have a lot of talent around them. Denver will always have a solid running game to keep D's honest. I think the Denver WRs are deeper than Dallas, though Dallas has more top end talent. Hope this helps

I am assuming the other four keepers are:

T.Bell

D.Foster

S.Smith

M.Colston

I agree with Cutler and SD. Romo is tempting, however, there are still plenty of question marks around him. Cutler is the man in DEN and has great value for a keeper league. Both are a gamble this year but Romo could loose the job if he does not perform this year.

JMO but if it were my team I would keep Cutler and SD D/ST.

Please see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=276292

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Almost all the rankings I've seen have had Romo over Cutler, even in keeper rankings. So, the responses I've gotten so far have left me a bit surprised.

Btw, I was actaully planning to keep Jordan over Foster. I know the Raiders are terrible, but I figured JAordan would still have more upside in light of Rhode's suspension. Maybe I'm missing something there. Feel free to comment on that too if you'd like.

Jordan is definitely the way to go (over Foster). Cooley is a damn good TE, but WAS as a whole continue to struggle because of QB problems. At QB, I like both Cutler and Romo. Both have good upsides, but I think Romo projects higher because their run game isn't that solid, and Romo is more of a scrambling QB and he technically has the better receiving corps. Cutler hasn't been very mobile, but he's still very good. As far as they're concerned, flip a coin and hope for the best because both have pretty close up and downsides.

Can you keep both QBs? (trade bait??) Not a big fan of keeping a defense but if you have no choice I'd keep Romo (more weapons) and the Chargers D.