Sign in to follow this  
Guest _my_2_cents_

Terry Glenn OUT for the rest of the preseason

Guest _my_2_cents_
Terry Glenn, WR DAL

News: Dallas Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn won't play in the preseason, but might be ready for the regular season. Glenn hurt his right knee on the fifth day of training camp and had arthroscopic surgery Aug. 1 to remove loose cartilage from the knee. Coach Wade Phillips said Tuesday that Glenn "probably will practice the day after we play Minnesota." Dallas plays the Vikings in its last preseason game Aug. 30, which is 10 days before the Sept. 9 season opener against the New York Giants. "Everything has been going according to plan, so Terry should be all right," Phillips said. "He knows what to do and he knows how to do it. And as long as he's ready physically, I think he'll be ready to do it."

Now it says Glenn will be coming back ok, but I have my questions...A while back when Glenn had his surgery I mentioned Crayton as a potential sleeper. Now I think that's solidified further with this news.

36 for 516 with 4 TDs as a WR3 on the cowboys last year, I think he has a chance to double those across the board if he's the WR2 in Dallas.

Glenn is 33, and that's a bit old to come back from surgery 100% and with a knee especially.

Time will tell, but for now I'd strongly consider Crayton as a late round grab in redraft and especially in keeper formats. Even if Crayton doesn't move into the #2 role, I would suspect that his receptions would increase to keep Glenn fresh.

Crayton could at worst be a nice BYE week filler or WR3 injury replacement. At best his upside seems like solid FFB WR2 calber. If Glenn misses significant time I could see 70 receptions, 1000 yds and 8 scores while Owens draws the double team.

at no point in that report you cited, did it say glenn was missing significant time. he will miss the preseason...and will probably be back for game 1. crayton should not move up the boards IMO.

I had my eye on Crayton but I knew he'd be on the WW to start the season.

With two 30+ WRs in front of him and one of them coming off arthroscopic knee surgery, it might be time to scoop him up.

Guest _my_2_cents_
I had my eye on Crayton but I knew he'd be on the WW to start the season.

With two 30+ WRs in front of him and one of them coming off arthroscopic knee surgery, it might be time to scoop him up.

Exactly - I never said Glenn was going to miss time in the season. He's expected to play. But he's also 33 coming off of knee surgery.

Crayton set career highs last year and showed that he could play in this league.

Not a bad recipe for sleeper potential. The possibility of one of Glenn or Owens going down this year is a pretty good one IMO, and Crayton has some value with just his stats from last year.

I'm just saying he's an upside WR pick, who can be had late. I'd definitely bump him up over similar upside WRs on my draft board.

at no point in that report you cited, did it say glenn was missing significant time. he will miss the preseason...and will probably be back for game 1. crayton should not move up the boards IMO.

Yeah I guess a 33 year old WR who had a bone on bone condition in his knee last season and now had a surgery on that knee this preseason is a safe bet. The OP is only trying to point out a potential bargain WR here.

Yeah I guess a 33 year old WR who had a bone on bone condition in his knee last season and now had a surgery on that knee this preseason is a safe bet. "Scooter" is only trying to point out a potential bargain WR here.

I'll show you a bone on bone condition.... wait, no I won't.. who is this? prank caller. PRANK CALLER!!

I've got Crayton in Dynasty already.....

Guest _my_2_cents_
Yeah I guess a 33 year old WR who had a bone on bone condition in his knee last season and now had a surgery on that knee this preseason is a safe bet. "_my_2_cents_" is only trying to point out a potential bargain WR here.

fixed. :doublethumbsup:

Now I'm seeing he might not be ready for game 1. I wouldn't rule out Crayton just yet.