Sign in to follow this  
dragon10

Trade Frank Gore.....for....Tony Romo and Jones Drew?

Right now my roster is

QB E. Manning, Pennington

RB Addai, Gore, Thomas Jones, Julius Jones, T. Bell, Norwood,

Does Romo and Jones Drew for Gore make sense? I know Jones Drew has been bad but if he ever turned the corner this would be a steal NO?

I think that is a tough one. Eli has thrown for 24tds the last two years. But I think Romo would be an upgrade at QB. The only thing you would be if JD does not start going your RBs would be a little week, because Tbell, JJ and Norwood are pretty much useless. T. Jones should be decent if he stays healthy. Actually Gore may not be as good as last year, because SF can not get their passing game going, so maybe you should do the trade.

I would not do that trade. I would counter with Thomas Jones and maybe one of your lesser WR or something for Romo. I would not give up Gore, he is a first round RB.

Thanks for your response.

I would not do the trade either. I like Gore's schedule after the bye week. Rather than betting on Jones Drew, see if you can get a better RB to go with Romo. Let them know you would throw in Eli Manning (would you really bench Romo?) if it means a top tier RB2 or low end RB1. Your team is not desperate for QB, so demand good value for Gore.