Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

to trade or not to trade

This is a 12 team redraft, standard scoring with 0.5 ppr. The league trade deadline is only a few days away. We can still do add/drops after that, but no more trades.

I started off slow the 1st few weeks, but I currently have a 5 game win streak going and I am now ranked 3rd overall. A win this week could possibly move me into 2nd. Do I stick with what I have or try and make some moves to get ready for playoff time.

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 DST

My roster:

QB - Big Ben, Warner

RB - Bush, Jacobs, Benson, Fargas, Priest, Young, Faulk

WR - Housh, Welker, Patten, Branch

K - Gostkowski

DST - Packers

I tried putting Benson on the market after a decent game last week. So far I havn't had much interest.

I was thinking of trying to put together a couple of players in an offer for T.O. The T.O. owner lacks RB depth, but he may not be motivated, because he is in 1st place. He is stacked at WR.

T.O. owner's roster:

QB - Anderson

RB - LT, Graham, Pittman

WR - Moss, T.O., Wayne, Burleson, A. Davis, Stokley, Porter

K - Vinatieri, Dawson

DST - Cowboys, Titans

Should I make an offer for T.O. ? Is there any other moves I should look to make, or should I just stick with what I have?

You need to make a move to strengthen your WRs. You are deep at RB. With the one owner I like a Graham and Wayne/TO for Jacobs and Priest.

Thanks for mine...

If I am reading this right, you get to start 1 RB / 2 WR and 2 RB's OR 2 WR's. If that is the case, I would not give up Bush or Jacobs for a WR. If you could get an upgrade at WR, like Brandon Marshall type for Benson I would try that. I know TO has big games but Bush touches the ball to much in a game to give that up.

Thanks for mine

Correct. I have 2 spots than can be either. I can start Housh, Welker and 3 RB's all season long. If I traded for a stud WR like T.O., I would play him and only 2 RB's. I don't really want to trade Bush. He and T.O. are averaging only 1 ppg difference. That wouldn't be much of an upgrade. I am thiniking of something along the lines of moving a couple of guys like Fargas, Young, Priest or Benson. Although I may have to give up Jacobs to get a guy like T.O.

I think it would take too much for you to acquire TO....I think the trades you dont make are

sometime the best trades..

Thanks for answerinig mine...