Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Do I Dare Start 2 Colt WR's?

Firstly, my opponent is starting Manning. My strength is at RB (Slaton/Pierre), and have Wayne, Bowe, and Housh at WR. I could trade Housh for Gonzo and have 2 of Mannings receivers tied up to start along with Bowe. Has anyone ever tried this method successfully? Would I be stupid to even try it?

Go with Housh for two reasons. I live in Cleveland and he has big games against us. Also, I am in the league Super Bowl and he is playing against me this week. Please see mine. Thanks!! LeBron

UPDATE: Harrison OUT for tomorrow, giving Gonzo the start

Change any minds?

UPDATE: Harrison OUT for tomorrow, giving Gonzo the start

Change any minds?

I still wouldn't do it. There's always a chance that Manning throws 2 or 3 TD passes and they're to Clark and Rhodes and then you're completely screwed.

No, stick with Housh. Jags have been as bad against the run this year as they have been against the pass. Besides, the Colts, needing to establish their run game, are going to run more since the Jags will play pass against Manning. Gonzo is top 4 or 5 in dropping balls this year. Explains why Manning still does not trust Gonzo like he does Wayne, Harrison, and Clark.

I would sound hypocritical if I say that you shouldn't start two recievers from the same team. I'm starting Colston and Moore in the Superbowl and leaving A Gonzo on the bench. Manning has a lot of weapons to go to even with Harrison out. Clark is listed with a hip injury, but I'm pretty sure he will play. If Clark wasn't playing I would say do it.

Personally, I have never seen it done with WRs, but a guy in my league has both Titans backs and has cruised in the playoffs. I never thought it would work but it did. Since you are able to do add/drops in the playoffs, I think you should consider it, especially now that Harrison is out.