Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

Trade Slaton for which WR?

Team is in the signature; looking to upgrade at WR with both A. Bryant and Boldin gimpy. Feel good about my RB depth and I'm looking to deal Slaton, who I don't feel good about going forward. I'm thinking I can get a low Tier 1, high Tier 2 WR for the guy if he doesn't stink it up like he did last week.

Which WRs do you think would be a fair trade for him?

Leave a link, will respond to yours.

Team is in the signature; looking to upgrade at WR with both A. Bryant and Boldin gimpy. Feel good about my RB depth and I'm looking to deal Slaton, who I don't feel good about going forward. I'm thinking I can get a low Tier 1, high Tier 2 WR for the guy if he doesn't stink it up like he did last week.

Which WRs do you think would be a fair trade for him?

Leave a link, will respond to yours.

I'd say he's a top 15 RB going forward in standard scoring. His value is a little lower than it should be right now cuz he starts with two tough matchups. I think he will be fine. If you are set on trading him I'd think you could get a top 10-15 WR for him. OchoCinco, Bowe, Holmes, Welker, TO. I'd first take a shot at a Jennings or Roddy White though. That's what I'd be shooting for and maybe settle for one of the guys I listed plus another throw in. It all depends on other teams rosters and team needs though. If a guy is loaded at WR and really weak at RB, you might be able to pry away a Jennings or Roddy White for Slaton.

I expect more from the Texans and Slaton than what we saw last week. He does worry me with his size and the thought of losing goalline carries, but I agree that now may be the best time to trade him. Most likely he was drafted around the same time as Jennings, Steve Smith, and Roddy White. So after 1 week it may not be too early to get one of those guys in return.

I also like ochocinco this year. He seems like hes more dedicated this year and as long as Palmer stays healthy, I see a top ten finish for him.

Thanks for mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=350698

I agree with the person above me, if you can get White, Jennings or Smith out of the deal, go for it.

Personally, id rank them Jennings, Smith, White. But its really too early to tell. I love Jennings, Smith is excellent but delhomme is really struggling and if he gets benched...that does not bode well for smith owners i think. White is a monster, but now there is more recieving targets for Ryan to throw the ball to. Plus, turner the burner is there when they get near the goal line.

Just my opinion.

I would look to buy low with someone like Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson.

Slaton is still a premiere RB

Thanks for seeing mine.

I'm not high on Slaton this season either and I really have no reason why...just not big on him. I think there are plenty of people out there, however, who are big on him and will bite on a trade offer. I think you can easily get a top-10 caliber WR and I would target someone like Jennings/Wayne/Colston area.

I would hold on and not make any moves right now. You will have a very solid team when Boldin is healthy. Stay with your guys for now, and let your running backs start to pile up yards and TD's, then you can probably get a better wide receiver in a trade.

Don't overreact week 1 - teams will sense your panic and get Slaton for 75 cents on the dollar. Give it another 2 weeks (he should look like a top 5 pick against Jax). DMC has @KC then Den. Looks like a great flex play to me. Mojo, Jacobs, DMC will carry you this week.

I would deal Slatoin in a heartbeat with that depth. Considering he was a first round pick. Start with Fitzgerald and work your way down. Packaging him with boldin or Roy could probably net you Fitz or Moss. Rather than trying to figure out which tier to start with start from the top til you get a taker. When you get a taker, evaluate the quality of WR youd be getting at that point and then decide whether to pull the trigger.

Thanks for answering mine.

you could sell low on slaton and buy low on steve smith. if u go for smith u maybe able to even get a back up rb. I would also look into grabbing maybe 2 solid wr like a homes and welker sorta deal.

Also agree with others in not dealing Slaton now as his value is too low. After he has a few good weeks, then look to trade. It's tough to tell you who to look for b/c it depends the needs of other owners, but I agree that you could get a guy like White, Jennings or Wayne, but you might have to package one of your WR and get a RB2/3 in return.