Sign in to follow this  
mrpancake

Intriguing QB lineup question (WHIR)

With standard scoring, for week 5 would you rather pick up:

Favre against the Rams

or...

Sanchez against the Dolphins

I figure the Vikings may be so far ahead that they won't even need to throw. Sanchez is on a roll but Miami drains the clock and doesn't give the QB much time to work.

Sanchez. The Jets game figures to be a little closer too so more throwing imo. Also, the Dolphins are decent against the run so- you guessed it- more passing.

Thanks for the response to my thread.

Over the first three games of the season:

Favre:

1) 14-21 110 yds 1 td

2) 23-27 155 yds 2 td

3) 24-46 301 yds 2 td 1 int

AVG: 188 ypg 1.66 td 0.33 int

Sanchez:

1) 18-31 272 yds 1 td 1 int

2) 14-22 164 yds 1 td

3) 17-30 171 yds 2 td (1 rushing) 1 int

AVG: 202 ypg 1.33 td 0.66 int

Defensive stats and rankings:

Rams - 29th in total defense; allowing 24.3 ppg; 403.3 ypg; 255.3 passing yards allowed per game; 148 rushing yards allowed per game

Dolphins - 17th in total defense; allowing 23 ppg; 330.7 ypg; 264.7 passing yards allowed per game; 66 rushing yards allowed per game

Going by the numbers, I think the better matchup would be Favre vs the Rams. Between Favre and Sanchez, I feel that Favre has the higher ceiling and in a game against the Rams, both Brett and AP should be able to do work against that Rams Defense.

I would go with Favre against the lowly Rams. I might even go Jamarcus Russell against the Rams.... No, not really but you get my point. Thanks for mine.

I think you have to go Favre against that defense. He will take some shots deep before they pull ahead too much and stop throwing. Even then, they'll still throw short screens which Chester Taylor can blow open and increase Favre's yardage totals. I like the Jets, and I think Sanchez is the real deal, but he is a rookie and the honeymoon has to end at some point; would not be surprised at all to see him struggle against an AFC opponent that has something to prove after a slow start and losing their starting QB for the season.

Go Favre and then see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=352141

With standard scoring, for week 5 would you rather pick up:

Favre against the Rams

or...

Sanchez against the Dolphins

I figure the Vikings may be so far ahead that they won't even need to throw. Sanchez is on a roll but Miami drains the clock and doesn't give the QB much time to work.

The Jets aren't playing the Dolphins, though.

The Jets aren't playing the Dolphins, though.

The Question is looking towards Week 5 when those teams face off. Our WW gets intense so we sometimes need to make moves a few weeks ahead.

Both are good matchups, but I think the Vikes will score much more than the Jets will next week, with Favre having a better shot at TDs.

Thanks for your input.

First off - as Boston_Diablo said, think both are good matchups. And a lot of good points but see another side to some... It's too bad you don't have this weekend to get a better feel for Sanchez.

I'd consider Sanchez over Favre. Figure Jets/Miami will be a closer game and potentially both D's could slow the run leading to more passing. That could lessen the concern about the clock running "fast." Miami's pass D seems to be a bit weak at the moment opening things up for Sanchez. Add in the Jets D doing well against the pass and though he'll have another week under his belt, Henne could be in for a long day (or short day on the field).

As for Minn vs StL, it would seem that Minn will have a balanced attack lessening Favre's production. Also don't know for sure but wonder about red zone scoring. Appears like against the "easier" teams, AP ran and scored slightly more td's than Favre (4-3). And there again, will the clock be running as AP runs? Overall, thinking AP will have an easy time running and scoring, lessening Favre's opportunities.

As always, only my perspective - good luck and thanks for mine!