Sign in to follow this  
biglou

Second Paid League, Please Grade the Team

This is a standard league with 12 teams and a whopping 20 roster spots, so it is VERY deep.

We start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DEF

I've already put some feelers out for trades to upgrade my QB position. I avoided the first run, and before I knew it there was SECOND run on QB's. Schaub was the 17th QB off of the board. I'm very pleased with both the WR and RB depth (and no, I'm not a GB fan; it just worked out that way.)

QB:

Matt Schaub Round 12

RB:

Doug Martin Round 1

David Wilson Round 2

Lamar Miller Round 5

Giovani Bernard Round 7

Bryce Brown Round 10

Christine Michael Round 13

Kendall Hunder Round 16

Stephan Taylor Round 19

WR:

Andre Johnson Round 3

Reggie Wayne Round 4

Pierre Garcon Round 6

Michael Floyd Round 9

Kenny Britt Round 11

Ryan Broyles Round 14

Brian Hartline Round 15

Kenny Stills Round 18

TE:

Jermichael Finley Round 8

K:

Mason Crosby Round 20

DEF:

Green Bay Round 17

I'm thinking about snagging Pryor just in case Schaub is hurt. There are few other players on the WW that are worth a look. (Markus Wheaton, Eifert, Ryan Williams, Stephen Hill) I don't expect any of them to last very long.

Leave a link and I would love to help with yours.

Schaub is a QB2 to me but one of the better at that tier. I have him, in fact, as a QB2 behind Newton and am considering using him in Week 1 because of Cam's match-up with Seattle.

Martin, WIlson, and Bernard are all solid, and Michael is a great stash for just in case (I have Michael as well at RB4).

Great depth at WR. Garcon could shine until he gets hurt, and Hartline is nice depth on a team looking for an identity. Wayne looked great in preseason and Broyles could be a nice sleeper. I almost traded for A. Johnson but I'm worried about Schaub not getting him enough TDs, especially with Foster, Tate, and Hopkins all vying for balls.

The rest is cake. Keep an eye on Carolina at D. If they carry over their play from preseason they could be a monster (and are probably on the wire).

Thanks for that. Unfortunately we have a Carolina homer who drafted them. I really liked what they did in the draft with two monster DT's in round 1 and 2.

I couldn't believe that there were TWO runs on QB's it was down to Schaub, Freeman, Ponder, and Tannehill when I grabbed him.

The only hitch in my Giddy-Up with Picking up Pryor is the fact that most of my lower level depth (Britt, Hunter, Taylor, Hartline) is in a pending trade with an owner who is carrying 3 TE's and 3 QB's (I'm going for Vick and Jordan Cameron).

Thanks for reply...

I like Wheaton over Stills...This year......I think more catches this year......

So try and trade Stills for a QB upgrade.....I like Schaub though.....

Houston will be more focused on passing this year than some think.......finally a good WR2 in Hopkins, A.Johnson, O.Daniels and RB's that catch the ball very good.

Pryor (or somebody equal to Pryor) will probably be available on the WW throughout the season. I would probably wait a game or two and see what kind of playing time and production your sleepers get. Then you have a better idea on who would be safe to dump.

I'll have to agree with most of these guys here and say that you might want to look at upgrading your QB situation. 20 roster spots in 12 teams is crazy deep, scoop up a potential while you can. Pryor is the main mention here. I'm from Columbus and I can assure you that he "was" a beast. What he will lack in passing he will make up on his feet.

Good luck and thanks for the post on my team.

Thanks, the good news is that I have two days to make a decision (and wait to see if my trade for Vick is accepted) before the waivers open up.

I like your team, but I think your QB and WR core could use an upgrade.

With a deep roster you have the luxury of stashing a few qbs on your bench and see what happens.

I would probably make that the priority over the wrs.

Thanks for answering mine.

wow...that is a deep roster...

I like Schaub fisrt of all....but with that many rosters...another qb would be nice...if pryor is out there...go ahead and take em...

I haven't seen him yet..but he its his 15min right now in the news ...

i'll know more after Sunday's colts/oak game....but by them it might be too late.

regardless...good team...schaub will be fine

Schaub isn't great but he is serviceable and it will probably cost a lot to get a decent upgrade so it may not be worth it. The Vick deal sounds good but if it doesn't go through pick up Pryor or any sleeper QBs that may be there. EJ Manuel if he's available, or Geno maybe...

Rookie's don't have the learning curve they used to and if they run it's even better. Pay close attention to the WW each week and don't get too impatient.