Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cane

Baseball Compiler

Guest Cane

I found the football compiler tremendously helpful. I did very well in my football leagues this year.

If you're looking for projections to use, if you're legally allowed to use them, I'd suggest getting ahold of Shandler's projections at baseballhq.com for any version of this software.

Might I also suggest a feature that allows the user to input their goals for each category? For instance I like to take the average of the top 5 in each category and make that my draft-day goal. So having something like that at my disposal would be quite helpful.

Keep up the good work.

Congrats on a successful football season Cane.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions for the baseball Compiler. I'm going to try and start working on it soon and I have a couple leads on projections at this point. Drop me a note with your email address and I will add you to our baseball mailing list.

Congrats on a successful football season Cane.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions for the baseball Compiler. I'm going to try and start working on it soon and I have a couple leads on projections at this point. Drop me a note with your email address and I will add you to our baseball mailing list.

Hey Mike,

Any chance I could get added to that list as well?

robinsonlarry_42_98@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Larry

Mike!

Please add me on the fantasy baseball list as well!

Thanks for all of your hard work!

coachmad@tampabay.rr.com

Hey thanks for all of the hard work that y'all did on football. Would have done a better job if I would have trusted my board. I would also love to be added to your baseball list. Good luck on everything. :banana: Thanks Mike!

Carl

carlc16@aol.com

Guest mtnwesdew

Mike - You da man! Your compiler is almost certainly the best product in the industry. Nice Job! :doublethumbsup:

I'm definitely looking forward seeing the baseball compiler as well... I need all the help I can get!

I do have 1 request though... could you make it possible to separate the OF's into RF's, CF's and LF's?? My league makes us start 1 at each of those positions instead of the much simpler 3 OF's.

Thanks man!

mtnwesdew@juno.com

Found out about this site last season and it increased my knowledge of the game tremendously. Only been playing fantasy football about 2 years and i never knew all the players stats and football stuff i know now. I know backups of backsup for lords sake. Well keep up the great work. The compiler was a great tool as well to obtain a great fantasy team.

Can you send me the baseball compiler too. thanks a lot.

please send to lsubasball@yahoo.com

thanks, Chad

Hey, Mike, please throw my email addy on the mailing list, too. I'm pretty sure as the mod that you have access to it. I'd rather not post it here as it has my name in it.

Mike:

Me too for the baseball compiler. The FB version is terrific, I'm sure you'll do a great job with baseball too!

Ellis

ellislh@yahoo.com

Mike, I loved the football compiler as well, please add me to the email list for the baseball compiler, thanks!

gcarrico1@comcast.net

I'd love a copy, too. I've used the football compiler for the past few years and have found it very useful. I'd be happy to "beta" the baseball version. I am at eischens@hotmail.com.

Cheers!

All right, all of you guys have been added to the baseball Compiler mailing list and I will be sending an update shortly. We're not quite ready yet but it will be soon. I'll post the update here too.

Update:

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy

Baseball Update

Monday February 28, 2007

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

Hi guys. Here is an update on the status of the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy, for baseball, that we mentioned a few weeks ago in our end of season thank you mailing. You probably thought we forgot about you, but far from it. Everyone who told us they were interested in a baseball version was added to this specific mailing list.

Anyway, while it has taken longer than expected, a baseball version for the 2005 season is close to being ready. We have some great news in that we hooked up with Heath and Justin Shaffer who are RotoChamps.com (www.rotochamps.com) as our fantasy/roto baseball gurus to help us with this undertaking.

The Compiler is going to include RotoChamps projections which are top notch and updated pretty much constantly between now and into the start of the season as warranted. I encourage you to check out the RotoChamps website and browse around for all of their baseball draft prep info and forums. The site is really sharp and Heath and Justin are constantly available on the forums to answer questions.

As of right now, we are in the process of overhauling the dollar value generator in the Compiler, which is what is taking so long. All of us want to make certain the numbers crunched out the Compiler are what they should be to help you squeeze every penny of value out of your draft.

A web auto-update feature (like we have in the football Compiler) still needs to be added as well as a few other enhancements before we release it. At any rate we hope to have it ready for you this week. I apologize to anyone who had an early draft that we missed but it just wasn't possible to get it out before now.

We'll send another update when it is ready. As mentioned previously it will be free to download.

Regards,

Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger

compiler@fftoday.com

Mikes (both of you):

You guys are great. Can't wait for the BB compiler to be ready later this week. If this is half as good as the FB compiler it will be invaluable on draft day. Thanks again.

Ellis

ellislh@yahoo.com

Mike & Mike,

Great work on the football version of the compiler. Was a huge help in draft prep and on draft day. I ended up with my 1st championship team.

Please add my e-mail address from my profile to the list for baseball.

Thanks

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Great job fellas. Draft buddy is incredibly helpful. One question-I'm inputting some players already onto teams (keepers) and have noticed that while they're included in the compiler data, they're not showing up on the draftbuddy list to select. For some reason it only goes up to 82 outfielders? Laynce Nix for example I can't select. Not a huge deal as I can just type it in, but I was wondering if I did something wrong and why it wasn't showing up. Is it a matter of a calculation? We have 13 teams, 23 starters and 7 reserves for a total of 30 players.

Anyway, hopefully you understand what I mean. Thanks,

dan

Hey Dan. Thanks!

Not an error on your part. I believe the way I set up Draft Buddy is it only pulls in the names of all players off the cheatsheets, so if Nix for example did not get ranked in the top 82 outfielders, he isn't in Buddy. I should switch it so every player is pulled in from the batters and pitchers tab in the Compiler to help with deeper leagues, but to do that and separate them by position is a tad more difficult. For now type them in and I will see what I can do for the next version.

Guest mtnwesdew

Nice Job Mike! I stink at fantasy baseball... so this should help.

I've got a question though. I set the compiler up to be 5x5 but set it up for the cheatsheets to display fantasy points instead of dollar values (since we do a draft, not auction). When the cheatsheets come up, they're not listed in order.

For example, the #3 ranked Relief Pitcher is Octavio Dotel (75 points)... but Francisco Rodriguez (92 points) is ranked below him at #5. It's really not a biggie... and maybe I'm missing something since this is only my 2nd year in fantasy baseball.

But could you clarify this for me? THANKS

Hi mtnwesdew. Hopefully this does help you out.

On your question, this isn't clear from the settings but if you are in a 4x4 or 5x5 roto league, you do not want to display by fantasy points. You want to display by dollars even though you are not in an auction draft. The fantasy points come from the scoring settings on the setup tab for those types of leagues, but are not relevant for roto type leagues. Therefore, the roto setup with fantasy points display should not go together. Switch it to dollars and re-run it. This is one area where we will explore some ways to make this more user friendly and practical.

Mike, two questions. I have the draft buddy set up for serpentine, and the parameters on the compiler are "fantasy points based", "mixed al + nl", and "fantasy points". For some reason the "batters" and "pitchers" tabs on the draft buddy are not accurate, the value is in dollars, and the first 82 entries on both have "###" listed under "value". Not sure what I'm doing wrong, any ideas? Also, how hard would it be to add a tiering lines option like there was on the football version this year. I found that very helpful.

Great job as usual!

What are your settings in the Compiler gcarrico1? I'll check it out.

League variables as follows: fantasy point based, mixed, 10, 5, (260,1,70,30,) fantasy points.

Then our scoring, tell me if you need exact numbers.

Then our positions: 1.5 for all infield, 1 C, 5 OF, 1 DH, 5 SP, 1 RP.

Thanks,

Greg

Gary, sorry for the slow response on this (and to those who emailed me). We noticed a small issue with the 4x4 settings in Compiler 1.0. I'm working to get that fixed and uploaded to the site, after which I'll get to these other questions.

Okay Gary, I've input the settings and I'm not getting any issues. Mind you, this is in the new 1.5 version which I just uploaded last night and was going to post a note on right now. Can you try that and get back to me if you are still having problems? I could have very well had an error in that old version but I'm pretty sure we've caught them all now.

As for the tiering lines (you and a few people have asked about it), I haven't given it a lot of thought to assess how they should impact the baseball ranking cheatsheets. Unfortunately the short notice getting together on this with RotoChamps, and the time of year for me juggling my other job, is making adding new features this year a difficult task. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to add anything beyond what we've already got.

The RotoChamps guys are very keen to expand on this for next year though so we will be putting our efforts into that project to get the baseball version more on par with the football version for 2006.

Thanks very much for the feedback though. That is the kind of thing we need so we can properly prioritize adding new features.