Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

? about exclusives

I'm not sure if this was brought up last year, but lets say Bobby higginson gets traded, or cut and he ends up on Oakland's squad during spring training. If I have him as one of my exclusives is the Oakland owner eligible to draft him?

I'm not sure if this was brought up last year, but lets say Bobby higginson gets traded, or cut and he ends up on Oakland's squad during spring training. If I have him as one of my exclusives is the Oakland owner eligible to draft him?

yes.

You can take the chance all you want during the draft. If Higginson were on the trading block, and the draft is in progress, he's yours as an exclusive until the trade goes through.

If we're in the 5th round once the trade takes place, then the two owners who are eligible for Higginson would be left competing for him in whichever roun we find ourselves.

So if he's traded to the royals while the draft is in progress, it would be whoever is on the clock next that would have first dibs to him.

This was the case last year, when a team was trying to trade someone (or a trade might have actually happenned), and left a couple owners scrambling to get the guy in question :unsure:

I'm not sure if this was brought up last year, but lets say Bobby higginson gets traded, or cut and he ends up on Oakland's squad during spring training.  If I have him as one of my exclusives is the Oakland owner eligible to draft him?

yes.

You can take the chance all you want during the draft. If Higginson were on the trading block, and the draft is in progress, he's yours as an exclusive until the trade goes through.

If we're in the 5th round once the trade takes place, then the two owners who are eligible for Higginson would be left competing for him in whichever roun we find ourselves.

So if he's traded to the royals while the draft is in progress, it would be whoever is on the clock next that would have first dibs to him.

This was the case last year, when a team was trying to trade someone (or a trade might have actually happenned), and left a couple owners scrambling to get the guy in question :banana:

thanks