Sign in to follow this  
adam smitty

Regarding US Navy Devil Doc's league status

After speaking to some felllow league members and thinking over the issue I belive its time to put this up for a vote. Should we begin the search for a replacement or hold out hope that he ends his 6 plus months MIA stretch?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. After speaking to some felllow league members and thinking over the issue I belive its time to put this up for a vote. Should we begin the search for a replacement or hold out hope that he ends his 6 plus months MIA stretch?

• Yes- lets look for a replacement
    • No- Hold on for a while longer

Please leave your thoughts along with your vote on this...i see this as a pretty important issue and if we decide to bring in new blood that will take some time. 6 votes is the majority and will decide this.

Thanks guys.

I voted yes. I honesty don't think Doc will know he was kicked out of this league unless we went way out of our way to find him and tell him. Last time he visited FFToday was March 11 and he didn't even bother checking in on fvmdl. I know its the offseason and not everyone is active and he has other circumstances that keeps him away from the board but the last time he made a post of fvmdl was july 5. That is right after we finished up our draft which is absolutely ridiculus. I don't think he needs any more time, he has shown what kind of interest he has for this league. It will benefit to get a more active owner and the sooner we start the process the better chance we have in finding a better owner.

Bobby Shugarts

ya, I'm afraid I'm forced to agree. It doesn't take long to pop in and make a "I'm around" post.

His IM is on now matter of fact, or shows him online to me.

Sorry Doc.

Time to start the process.

:thumbsup:

ya, I'm afraid I'm forced to agree. It doesn't take long to pop in and make a "I'm around" post.

His IM is on now matter of fact, or shows him online to me.

Sorry Doc.

Time to start the process.

This is how i see it as well. It's nothing personal against Doc, I mean the guy has been through more then anyone us can or ever will be able to imagine. But in the best interest of the league I have to agree with you guys and say we begin the search. Quite honestly I dont think Doc will mind(if he even knows he got replaced) because he has plenty of more important things in life to deal with than fantasy football. Its been fun and obviously i wish him the best down the road.

Time to move on. I was holding out thinking he was seriously ill and couldn't even access the boards or e-mail. But if he was here on March 11, I guess that's not the case.

He's gotta go. He's shown zero interest in this league outside of the initial draft. He's impossible to contact about anything. He doesn't say anything on this board. And to be perfectly honest, I know he has some health issues, but I don't beleive they are anywhere near the extent he has led us to believe.

Last season he was making posts on the main board looking for new leagues to join after he was already in ours. There's nothing wrong with that, except for the fact that while he was doing this he wasn't making any attempt to be a part of this league.

I'm also all for Scooby taking over that team if he wants. If the league fee is the only thing keeping him from taking it over I'd even be willing to chip in 2-3 extra bucks(assuming we all do) this season just to get someone to take that team over. The sooner the better.

I'm assuming 33 bucks would cover the cost of the site and his league fees. I also understand if others aren't willing to do that. I just think the sooner someone takes over that team the better. If it costs an extra 3 bucks a piece thats fine with me as long as Scooby knows he'd have to pay every season after this one.

Last time he visited FFToday was March 11 and he didn't even bother checking in on fvmdl. I know its the offseason and not everyone is active and he has other circumstances that keeps him away from the board but the last time he made a post of fvmdl was july 5. That is right after we finished up our draft which is absolutely ridiculus.

3/12 post......

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...opic=113327&hl=

Last time he visited FFToday was March 11 and he didn't even bother checking in on fvmdl. I know its the offseason and not everyone is active and he has other circumstances that keeps him away from the board but the last time he made a post of fvmdl was july 5. That is right after we finished up our draft which is absolutely ridiculus.

3/12 post......

10:49pm on march 11

might be something to do with time zones

I see 2 votes against. I have absolutley no issue with that at all. PLEASE step up and say why you voted this way. I may change my vote. This was a hard decision for me to arrive at. It was not an easy one for me. PLEASE tell me if there's something I don't know about all this.

I  see 2 votes against. I have absolutley no issue with that at all. PLEASE step up and say why you voted this way. I may change my vote. This was a hard decision for me to arrive at. It was not an easy one for me. PLEASE tell me if there's something I don't know about all this.

I'm curious as to why this was a hard decision for you. Is there something going on with him that we don't know about? The bottom line for me is the guy has made absolutely zero attempts to interact with this league, while posting on other boards about other leagues. Even when during the season, he was never around. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) he hasn't returned anyone's e-mails either.

Even if there's some personal stuff going on with him, how can he post about other leagues and not even acknowledge FVMDL?

IMO, he knew he had a bad team and wanted to get booted from this league and saved himself from having to quit.

I  see 2 votes against. I have absolutley no issue with that at all. PLEASE step up and say why you voted this way. I may change my vote. This was a hard decision for me to arrive at. It was not an easy one for me. PLEASE tell me if there's something I don't know about all this.

Is there something going on with him that we don't know about? The bottom line for me is the guy has made absolutely zero attempts to interact with this league, while posting on other boards about other leagues. Even when during the season, he was never around. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) he hasn't returned anyone's e-mails either.

Even if there's some personal stuff going on with him, how can he post about other leagues and not even acknowledge FVMDL?

IMO, he knew he had a bad team and wanted to get booted from this league and saved himself from having to quit.

Is there more going on?

Yes, I know more than I can tell.

Everything you said is pretty much dead on. Can't and won't argue a bit of it.

I have no good reason to think things will change in the future hence my vote to move on.

You may well be right about quitting or being quitted. The thought had crossed my mind too.

As far as the 2 no votes. I wouldn't be surprised if those votes didn't even come from league memebers. Anyone on FFToday can come on here and vote I think. I really didn't think about that before.

We may have been better off to discuss this on the RTS league message board for the sake of privacy in retrospect. IMHO

Is there more going on?

Yes, I know more than I can tell.

Fair enough.

Whatever it is, I hope he gets it worked out. But whatever it is, isn't keeping him from trying to do stuff in other leagues. That's the only part that irritates me.

I don't care if it's on this board. Obviously, he doesn't even read this board anymore so it doesn't really bother me. If he does read it, then that makes it even worse and he needs to be gone.