Sign in to follow this  
adam smitty

New Owner and fees

To my suprise most everyone who is interested has said they are willing to take on the whole fee this season however as nice as that is I honestly think we should waive about half of his fee and have each of us throw out an extra dollar to cover it. My reasoning for this is that its a pretty big undertaking and they deserve a little help for doing us a pretty big favor.

Is anyone against this or have any better ideas?

I say we pay the whole entry fee just as a gesture of goodwill. Let's face it...we all know that the owner of this team is NOT going to win this year and will be basically giving away $20.

We can put an addendum in there. If the owner of the new team DOES happen to turn the team around and win, since the new owner is not out any money, then $90 of the winnings go towards paying the website fee for 2006.

I would hate to fork out the extra cash. If owners are willing to pay there is obviously a demand for the team. If owners aren't willing to pay then its a different story.

I don't mind forking over a little extra but am not willing to give away a free team. I'd like to see the owner have a little skin in the game. Not having to pay could also mean it is easier for him to quit if things don't turn around.

I'm already extremely tight on me so I will not be able to assist in chipping in. Sorry guys. I also agree w/ Shugar42, if they're willing and there is a huge demand to take the team let them pay.

Jess

log out...it is a tip

I'm cool with whatever everyone decides.

Just remember that because some rookie we don't know has offered to pay the fee, doesn't mean he will make a better owner than someone who doesn't want to pay the fee.

Basically, I'd rather have a board vet that wants us to waive the fee instead of someone we don't know who is willing to pay the fee.

If Kilroy or CA_7 had to be replaced, we would charge MORE than the standard league fee to a new owner since those teams are "contenders"?

If we were down to crunch time and needed a new owner it would be different.

Would the last place team next season get a reduced fee to stay in the league and not bail? Heck, does every team that finished lower than Doc get a reduced rate on next year?

The league fees are what they are to every team/owner.

If the majority wants to chip in a few bucks for a reduced rate I'll willingly pay my share, it's not a "money" issue.

I vote all fees are the same.

To my suprise most everyone who is interested has said they are willing to take on the whole fee this season however as nice as that is I honestly think we should waive about half of his fee and have each of us throw out an extra dollar to cover it. My reasoning for this is that its a pretty big undertaking and they deserve a little help for doing us a pretty big favor.

Is anyone against this or have any better ideas?

Whatever you guys decide is fine with me but if the new owner is willing to pay the fee why are we considering paying for him? Are we to judge all the teams and then decide a price for each team? :P

I'm already extremely tight on me so I will not be able to assist in chipping in.  Sorry guys.  I also agree w/ Shugar42, if they're willing and there is a huge demand to take the team let them pay.

Jess

log out...it is a tip

sorry! haha i hate it when i do that

Sign in to follow this