Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the flies

Lombardi (& Landry) League waiver procedures and start date

Guys,

I apoligize for dropping the ball this weekend. I have all kinds of family down here, just found out the sex of my 1st kid and started a new job.

Anyway, the waiver wire criteria is listed below. The waiver wire will open up this friday at noon (est) after I have had time to verify that everything else is correct. In the meantime, I am going to drop any players that anyone picked up (and also get my roster down to 24).

1. Overall Winning percentage

2. Head to head record

3. Divisional Winning Percentage

4. Total points scored

5. Reverse order of opponent total points scored.

edited to add head to head record in waiver wire tiebreakers

I'm assuming this isn't going to be first come first served, due to the criteria you posted. If not what are the timelines?

bellyache:

thedanzone:

Also, can I get my team up to 24 before the wire open up.

explain how that is fair?
Nah, I'll just wait for an answer!

I would assume that you can ONLY get your team up to 24 through the waiver process (you simply do not "drop" a player when making your waiver request).

Jetdoc:

I would assume that you can ONLY get your team up to 24 through the waiver process (you simply do not "drop" a player when making your waiver request).

I, along with others assumed that everyone needed to drop to 20 players before the draft and that didn't happen. So some players were actually not available in the draft, but they should have been!

So assuming is worthless at this point!

In CHIMICHANGA we let everyone get to the league's normal roster size before we opened the waiver.

What we did is have supplimental picks after the draft. I believe 3 teams had Round 5 drafts picks in worst to first order.

thedanzone:

Jetdoc:

I, along with others assumed that everyone needed to drop to 20 players before the draft and that didn't happen. So some players were actually not available in the draft, but they should have been!

So assuming is worthless at this point!

In CHIMICHANGA we let everyone get to the league's normal roster size before we opened the waiver.

What we did is have supplimental picks after the draft. I believe 3 teams had Round 5 drafts picks in worst to first order.

This makes no sense. So, you're saying that those players that SHOULD have been dropped would only be available to those teams with supplemental draft picks. I don't think so.

Waiver wire needs to be open to all. That way, a team is not "Rewarded" for having traded away their picks.

Heres another reason why you shouldn't be able to get the top free agents for free.

Our league rules say this:

20 player rosters after end of week 2 (can have up to 24 players until then)

Notice how it says "can have up to" and not "must have exactly"