Sign in to follow this  
singman

Round 4

surprised at my list of players still available. I never thought Cooley would be there at 3.10 -- then again I remember A. Gates going in the 3rd round last year :thumbsup: as well. Not saying Cooley is a Gates but I think he might end up a top 8 TE this year.

man this draft is rookie crazy. WOW. I know the first round would be all rooks but damn. :thumbsup:

Well to some, selecting the Panther defense will not look like much. Having to

deal my Eagle defense in order to slove my quarterback bye week hurt the

position for team Demolition. Let's just say I have little faith in the Seahawks

that came over as part of the deal.

I felt that I needed another quality defense to platoon during the season with the Steelers. Having looked over the numbers, I was surprised to see that Carolina out scored that Philly defense in 5 out of the last six weeks of the season. They were second only to the Bills during the final three weeks. If they can put up another 2 points per game this season with some improvements, they will in fact be an elite Fantasy defense in our league. Again, not a sexy pick, but great value for a fourth rounder IMO just the same.

I was torn here. Hoping Frye unseats Dilfer (shoudln't be too hard) at some point this season...at any rate..it is the 4th round so not much risk.

position for team Demolition. Let's just say I have little faith in the Seahawks

I felt that I needed another quality defense to platoon during the season with the Steelers. Having looked over the numbers, I was surprised to see that Carolina out scored that Philly defense in 5 out of the last six weeks of the season. They were second only to the Bills during the final three weeks. If they can put up another 2 points per game this season with some improvements, they will in fact be an elite Fantasy defense in our league. Again, not a sexy pick, but great value for a fourth rounder IMO just the same.

;) I wanted them!

:rolleyes: I wanted them!

:P

Who don't you want?

:wall: I wanted them!

:thumbsup:

Who don't you want?

Good point.

Seriously though they were my target in the 3rd round until Jackson fell to me.

I will be around most of the night but I don't feel like sitting at the computer. I will check in every once in a while to see if Shox is done.

Well with my last pick I decided to go with Andrew Walter. Over the last 3 years he's put up better numbers than every other QB in this draft. In his three years as a starter, he has racked up over 10,000 yards and 82 TDs. He has been known to throw a few interceptions but he has improved each year.

While he probably won't play this year (he hurt his shoulder), I like his chances to take over for Collins who turns 33 this year. The kid is 6'6" 235 and behind that o-line and with those receivers he could be REALLY good for a long time.

The last pick in any draft should you own it, is really a funny situation. You

look at your team by position, look at how you have filled positions via the

draft and trades, then scour free agency over and over again. All this in order

to make a 4.12 in a four round draft.

Many will look at the selection of Ben Watson and say why the hell did he

draft a back up to a supposed top 12 TE in Graham? The answer is simple, many

people, including those within the Patriots front office feel that this guy is truly

a blue chip football player. He is an incredible athlete who can catch and run downfield. We did not have the opportunity to see a rookie season out of Ben

last year, but you will see in very short order why New England used another first rounder on Tight End after having done so the previous year with Graham. They

simply could not pass up this kids value that late in the first.

I too cannot pass up on value here. The Pats will run many two tight end sets

this season. They have revamped the playbook in order to get this young talent involved. For a team who rolls over the NFL at will, to decide to create numerous

plays for a guy who has yet to have his rookie season under his belt, tells me

that player is something special. We had a guy like him years ago named Coates.

I will not jump the gun and say this is the next Ben Coates, but I will say that

I think he will own this position, on this team by years end, and certainly for

the 2006 season. And I love Graham. This guy will look like a man among boys.

You heard it here. ;)

I like Graham too, but are you really gonna keep 3 tightends on your roster? I can't believe that you'd start Watson over Gates or even Boo.

BTW great draft guys. Seems like everyone got players they like (or need in some cases).

Is it September yet?

Never said that I would start any player over Gates. I think he is the best tight end in the league. Ben Watson on the other hand has the tools to be a fantastic dynasty back up. I do know that he will be a weapon that Brady will use more than some may think.