Sign in to follow this  
Tough Guy

Trade commentary

Yeah well i guess we will jsut have to see if your still saying that when i take fred lane and lawrence phillips!!!!!!!!!! WHO GOT ROBBED THEN???????

I see a Tough Guy having a strong rb oriented team. With 2 firsts in the Vet and Rookie draft. He can build an above average rb core.

I see Browns Ferry Braniacs going with a wr oriented team. 2 second and 2 third round picks are great for that purpose.

Personally, I think I like Tough Guys end of the deal better. How do you mess up 2 first round Vet picks and 2 first round Rookie picks?

Our line-up are so flexible, it's just a matter of taste/ strategy.

I see a Tough Guy having a strong rb oriented team. With 2 firsts in the Vet and Rookie draft. He can build an above average rb core.

I see Browns Ferry Braniacs going with a wr oriented team. 2 second and 2 third round picks are great for that purpose.

Personally, I think I like Tough Guys end of the deal better. How do you mess up 2 first round Vet picks and 2 first round Rookie picks?

Basically i think everyone is seeing that 1.8 and thinking i gave all that up for that one pick. Basically I gave up my 3 and 5 and 26 (nobody there anyway) to move up from my 2nd and picked up a 10 and 11 and the first in teh rookie

Hey i could mess it up pretty good! Injurys can hurt a team, so can pot!

MErv Merv MErv Merv I would like to know your point of view on this trade. I just don't see how this would benifit you.......I know there is a reason, I just would like you to tell me

MErv Merv MErv Merv I would like to know your point of view on this trade. I just don't see how this would benifit you.......I know there is a reason, I just would like you to tell me

I was kinda wondering that too

Here is a brief readers digest version:

There is one player that I have targeted that I should be able to get at my new 5.05 pick. The rest of the players I am targetting I can get in 6 and 7. I gain 1 pick in those rounds with the loss of my 4.12/5.01 (take your pick). Remember that we are building Dynasties here. I already have my 30 year old receiver. I am looking youth right now and can accomplish this with this trade. Could I have accomplished this without trading, possibly. I like my chances though.

You couldn't. There was not way in the world that trade was getting rejected by you. I don't understand it is all. I know to some, my trade didn't make sense.... maybe somehow this makes sense ??? :blink:

I honestly thought he ws pulling my leg when he offered me that and said he ws taking warner, thought he was going to get someone good!

You couldn't. There was not way in the world that trade was getting rejected by you. I don't understand it is all. I know to some, my trade didn't make sense.... maybe somehow this makes sense ??? <_<

Lets look at it like this. I needed a backup QB. I planed to take one in the 15th, but they alll focking dissappeared. I needed a decent backup for this year. I'm trying to win this year. Only people who were left and are starters were.... Bledsoe, who i don't like, then the browns, bears, and miami QB's... I could never have a QB from those teams..... so it came down to taking warner... who i think started off decent with a horrible wr group in NY, and will be playing behind a better OL and with a better WR core who can get yac yards. Knock it if you want, but I had to do, what i felt i had to do. Plus the way I see it, my 1st round pick next year will be the 12th pick of the draft. :(

Wow i would have to say that slash cleaned house with that trade! Getting McAllister over Edge isnt much of an improvement productino wise but duce will be in NO a long time yet and edge might be on his last year in indy and what will he do in a different system? Plus the second overall rookie!!! That will give him Deuce and either Brown or Caddilac, if they grow to their potential thats a deadly RB Combo!

And we now have 4 people who cannot read the first post to the official trade thread please post completed trades only.

I like that trade. Even if Edge gets traded, I personally don't believe it's the "System" that makes him great. He is a great RB and would thrive on almost any team.

I also like Deuce, if he can stay healthy. I had him last year in a re-draft and thanks to his injury, started off 0-4. (ended up making the playoffs and losing in the first round....)

I like that trade. Even if Edge gets traded, I personally don't believe it's the "System" that makes him great. He is a great RB and would thrive on almost any team.

I also like Deuce, if he can stay healthy. I had him last year in a re-draft and thanks to his injury, started off 0-4. (ended up making the playoffs and losing in the first round....)

I think the really nice thing isnt edge or Deuce its that 1.2 in the rookie! Having the chance to get one of the big 3 is a damn good thing.

I like the 1.2 pick as well, I am just not sold on the BIG 3 yet. I would love to get one of them, but it wouldn't break my heart if I didn't. (I am in no danger of that happening, btw..)

I think the really nice thing isnt edge or Deuce its that 1.2 in the rookie! Having the chance to get one of the big 3 is a damn good thing.

yea.. it was the 27.2 that made me pull the trigger on the trade... it allows me to get another rb that hopefully will be good for years to come.. and I really do need another rb. Duece is good and all but this year is an unknown due to last year. I am hoping he will stay healthy and if he does he should be fine.

now only if i can draft a good rookie rb.

as far as edge.. he is going to be consistent and get his points, specially in the indy system...

yea.. it was the 27.2 that made me pull the trigger on the trade... it allows me to get another rb that hopefully will be good for years to come.. and I really do need another rb. Duece is good and all but this year is an unknown due to last year. I am hoping he will stay healthy and if he does he should be fine.

now only if i can draft a good rookie rb.

as far as edge.. he is going to be consistent and get his points, specially in the indy system...

Yeah there is one of those rookie RBs that i would love to get on my team but i doubt that i could get a deal together that i would feel comfortable with.

The bummer for me is that I am drafting in the 27.12 spot, so I miss the Big 3 this year.

Next year I will be drafting from the 1.12 spot, so I miss next years Big 2-3 as well...

:o

The bummer for me is that I am drafting in the 27.12 spot, so I miss the Big 3 this year.

Next year I will be drafting from the 1.12 spot, so I miss next years Big 2-3 as well...

:lol: :lol:

:huh:

:(

:(

Well i could move ya up to the #6 spot depending on who is selected.

:doublethumbsup:

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

That was pretty good slash

I wonder who will be the top 5 rookie picks...

If I had to guess:

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Cedric Benson

J.J. Arrington

Braylon Edwards

well you can answer us and say who the #2 will be

depends who the #1 is.. :bandana:

I would figure the top two should include

ronnie brown and caddy

and the bottom two

benson and JJ

but thats what I think it should be like...

If I had to guess:

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Cedric Benson

J.J. Arrington

Braylon Edwards

I would be very suprised to see the top 4 go any other way.

If I had to guess:

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Cedric Benson

J.J. Arrington

Braylon Edwards

Personally, I would pick it differently :doublethumbsup:

If I had to guess:

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Cedric Benson

J.J. Arrington

Braylon Edwards

Personally, I would pick it differently :doublethumbsup:

Shhhhh dont give slash any pointers

If I had to guess:

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Cedric Benson

J.J. Arrington

Braylon Edwards

Personally, I would pick it differently <_<

hmmmm interesting...

if you had the first 5 picks...how would you draft it?