Sign in to follow this  
bwillingham

Lineup question for Cheatsheet Compiler

I need help on how to set up Cheatsheet Compiler to give me the most accurate overall cheetsheet.

The problem is in our allowed lineups:

1) 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF

2) 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF

3) 1 QB, 1 RB, 4 WRs, 1 PK, 1 DEF

I have tried the following setups:

1) 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, and 2 Flex players, but if I put RB, WR and TE in as a flex player, it will think I can start 3 RBs or 2 TEs, which we can't.

2) 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE with WR/TE combined and 1 Flex player with RB and WR as a flex player but the problem with this one is that it allows a lineup of 2 RBs and 3 WRs.

Any suggestions?

What is typically the optimal lineup to start? 2 RB?

Do RB on average score a lot more than WR and TE?

Is the scoring system for WR and TE the same?

Scoring is as follows:

QBs: 1 pt for every 25 yards throwing, 10 pts per TD, 10 pts for 300+ yards passing, -3 for interceptions and fumbles lost

RBs, WRs and TEs: 1 pt for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, 10 pts per TD, 10 pts for 100+ yards rushing or receiving, -3 for fumbles lost

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Ran some numbers through the Compiler and in the meantime my router started giving me issues :thumbsup:

Anyway... 10 points per TD is a lot! And those are some nice bonuses at the yardage milestones.

From what I'm seeing, the top 7 RB score better than the #1 WR. The top 21 RB score better than the #5 WR.

If you could start the #10 + #20 RB you'd have about 600 points. Even with a TE in place of a 3rd WR its going to be very tough to build a lineup that is going to beat the 2-2-1 formation.

Based on this, I would input 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE as your starters in the Compiler and not use the flex options. It will still give some WR high in the overall list because they are much better than their peers, and there is a good abundance of RB available, but the overall list is RB heavy.

This is the direction you want to take your team. Get 2 strong RB starters and a good 3rd one as a backup so there will be little doubt you can start 2 RB every week. You're going to have to use your judgement as to when to grab a TE, based on history. I would think you do want to go a bit out of your way to get a top TE so you aren't really down at all compared to other teams that are starting more WR (no TE).

Good luck!

Hey guys, I saw the post and I am having the same dilemma. On offense, I can start a total of 5 between RB/WR. So i could start 4 rb and 1 wr, 3 rb and 2 wr, 3wr and 2rb, or 4wr and 1rb. I have to start at least one of each. How should I enter that.

Also, I am in a IDP league, in which I have to start at least one DL, LB, and DB and I have to start 6 total between them. How should I enter that.

Thank you so much!!

In your case benigno2112 enter 1 RB, 1 WR and 3 O-Flex (thats 5 total), checking off RB and WR as being included in the flex spot for offense.

Similarly for IDP, input 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB and 3 D-Flex (6 total), checking off all 3 IDP positions.