Sign in to follow this  
Clever

HELP!

When I first downloaded the compiler I tried to open it with acrobat reader, because I did not know I needed excel. Now that I have excel I can't use it to open the compiler because every time I try to acrobat reader opens and tells me I can't use it to open the compiler! Is there any way I can change the settings that are used to open the compiler? :confused:

I think this has something to do with file associations in Windows. Windows may be identifying files that end in .xls (you did unzip it, right?) as being Acrobat files. Not too sure off hand how to fix it, and it probably depends on your version of Windows. So, if you open Excel and choose File > Open and browse to the Compiler, it won't open in Excel?

Hold the shift key while you right click on the file. Then choose "Open with". Select Excel from the list to open the file.

I did what you said Slayer, but when I did it the excel program said it does not open files like the compiler? What do I need to do? :confused:

Originally posted by Clever:

I did what you said Slayer, but when I did it the excel program said it does not open files like the compiler?  What do I need to do?    :confused:

The file is in zip format. Did you unzip it before trying to open it with Excel? You can get an evaluation copy of WinZip at

http://www.winzip.com

[ 07-13-2002: Message edited by: Slayer ]

Thanks Slayer, it worked. Just one more question how do I change the ff points and stuff like that once i'm on the compiler? I looked it up on the compiler page here at fftoday and did not see any thing telling you how to change stats ff points ect. (It did show which ones to change though, but not how) I just need to know how to do it so anyone who knows how your knowlege on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Clever. If you want to change the scoring system then change the boxes on the parameters sheet that correspond with each scoring category (yards, TDs, etc.) for each position. If you want to change the player projections that are in there, then go to each position tab and find the FF Today stats. Make changes beside each player as you feel are appropriate.

Is that what you are looking for?

That helps some mike but what I really need to know is how to change those boxes on the peramiters ect. Every time I highlight them and try to type some thing in and delete something nothing happens? :confused:

Hi Clever,

Hmmm... I'm not sure why you are unable to change the numbers in the parameter boxes. It should be as simple as highlighting the box and typing in whatever number you choose. To make the changes take effect, you will need to click the "Compile Cheatsheets" button on the "Parameters" page.

HELP!

I have done everything you guys said and cannot get excel to open the cheatsheet compiler. Adobe keeps coming up instead of excel. When I right click on the file "open with excel" is not an option. Is there anything else left to try?

Thanks

:confused: