Sign in to follow this  
Hagy34

Another Rule

I was reading some things about how teams that dont make the playoffs in dynasty leagues may try to trade superstars to playoff teams for future picks. Since we have no trade deadline I'm going to freeze all trades that are made until after the playoffs. So basically if you want to trade you can't do it Weeks 14-16 in the NFL season. That way nobody is screwed during the playoffs by a last place team having a firesale.

It is a good idea to restrict trades, but I would suggest a week or two earlier.

It is a good idea to restrict trades, but I would suggest a week or two earlier.

I want only during the playoffs for this reason. Each team is going to have a different thought on when it should be. The playoff period is cut and dry. You know whos in and whos not. Thats the way I'm going to leave it. Thanks for the thought my man. :thumbsup:

I agree that halting trades during the playoffs is the correct thing to do.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what is current tie-breaker for a tie in the playoffs?

thanks.

You can set a trade deadline in Yahoo. Try doing that through the commisioner tools.

It's probably best to set the trade deadline for November 18, 2005. Which is just before week 11.

You can set a trade deadline in Yahoo. Try doing that through the commisioner tools.

It's probably best to set the trade deadline for November 18, 2005. Which is just before week 11.

Totally agree. That is a good time for trade deadline

I think Week 11 is too early for a deadline. JMO. Would after Week 12 be ok for everyone? I'm really not in favor of any deadline before the playoffs but it seems you guys are so is after 12 an ok comprimise? Let me know on this.

As for the playoff tiebreak. I really haven't encountered it before but Yahoo has a setting that cannot be changed. This is the tiebreak order. I guess it really doesnt matter to me, so we will just have to deal.

Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.

Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive team(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive player(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive back(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive linemen.

Most fantasy points by starting wide receiver(s).

Most fantasy points by starting running back(s).

Most fantasy points by starting tight end(s).

Most fantasy points by starting kicker(s).

The tiebreak is fine. It probably won't get to that.

If you insist on week 12, then lets have it before week 12. Basically the trade deadline will be before thanksgiving (Thusday Nov 24th). Any later than that and there will be too many teams out of it that might want to trade away talent for future round draft picks, because they've given up on the year.

Week 12 works for me.

:headbanger: