Sign in to follow this  
Fubars

Trade

Brass Monkeys will give:

Bettis, Jerome PIT RB

Horsemen will give:

Calico, Tyrone TEN WR

Year 2006 Round 3 Draft Pick from Horsemen

I may get ripped on this one. Pretty much a "what the heck..." trade for me. I'm not risking too much unless Calico blows up this year. I was really on the fence on this one, but if I can get a 3rd starting RB, it may be well worth it. At worst right now, I have a goal line back. I'm still not sure about this. :pointstosky:

DrJ should like this, since it removes one of my few TD threats for this year in Bettis, and he owns my 1st rounder. However, I'm picking up draft picks like a disease for 06, and Calico has the talent to make for an intriguing dynasty player.

To me Bettis is sort of like the unrestricted free agent who I probably lose at the end of this year for nothing, so I figured I'd move him while he has value.

I think it's good for both teams considering I'm rebuilding and Horsemen is closer to the "win now" camp.

To me Bettis is sort of like the unrestricted free agent who I probably lose at the end of this year for nothing, so I figured I'd move him while he has value.

I think it's good for both teams considering I'm rebuilding and Horsemen is closer to the "win now" camp.

That's the big thing that was bothering me. I know I'll have him for one year and maybe not even a full year, but he sure could help me if he has last years output.

DrJ should like this

;)

Although, I'm probably going to have to beat Horsemen to get to the playoffs, so it gets a :headbanger: at the same time.

Looking good on me getting the 1.01 for the 3rd year in a row, but this move certainly makes sense for your team and is a good move long term.

Horsemen's obviously not looking long term with this move, but he has a great shot at the playoffs this year and Bettis could help him get there. Calico is nice, but a reasonale price to pay if Bettis makes a difference this year.