Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

Remember - roster cuts coming up the end of this month

We have 2 cuts

First cut - all teams down to 18 salary points

rolling waiver with teams submitting names to pick up any players cut

players assigned to new rosters

Second cut - all teams must rebalance their salary points back to 18

At that time, any player not on a roster has their salary value reset, all other players still on rosters will increase their salary value by one. Example:

If I keep Tom Brady (2 pts) and Jake Delhomme (1 pts) their salary values go up to 3 and 2, respectively, for retention next season (Feb/Mar 2005). If I cut Kerry Collins (2 pts) and no one claims him, when someone drafts him in June, it will only cost 1 pt to retain him in the Feb/Mar 2005 cycle.

Please, if you have any questions, ask them privately or publicly.

it was probably covered, but could you be more specific with "rolling waivers"

here is what the rules say (anyone else need a copy?)

First Cut

6. Franchises may spend those 18 points in any manner that they desire from retaining up to 9 initial draftees to keeping 18 June/August/free agent pickups.

7. At 5pm, East Coast time on the first Monday in March, a list of cuts will be posted. Teams must submit their list to the Commissioner at least one hour before this Deadline.

8. If a team has not submitted a cut list by this deadline, one of two actions will occur. The Commissioner will seize the team as forfeited or the Commissioner will begin cutting players in reverse order of fantasy point production of the previous season (reverse order of acquisition tiebreaker) until the Retention Salary requirements are met. A team so handled by the

Commissioner is removed from further participation in the Waiver Order rotation. All of these actions are open for review by the Assembly and a severe dispute may result in a Stay Order.

Rolling Waivers

9. Once this list is posted, all teams will have complied with the Retention Salary cap. They may review the list of cut players and may place claims on up to 5 of those players.

10. Teams should put those 5 players in order of preference.

11. Teams acquire these players starting in reverse Rank Order, but as a team is granted a waiver request, that team is moved to the bottom of the Waiver Order and the next team gets to

execute an order.

12. If a team's list no longer contains players available on waivers, that team is removed from the Waiver Order rotation.

13. This rotation is continued until all teams orders are executed or until all the players listed on by a team are no longer available.

Second Cut

14. At that time, teams must rework their Retention Salary Cap with a list of cut players (acquired).

15. The following Monday begins the final week of Retention Salary Cap adjustments. This time there is only the submission of cuts and no Waiver Order rotation. It is this final list that becomes the yearly marker for increasing a player's Retention point value.

16. Each round of the Retention phase, a team must conform to the Salary cap. No team is forces to participate in the Waiver Order after submitting the original First Monday list.

17. If a team does not submit a final list after being awarded waived players buy midnight of the Wednesday following, those waived players will become free agents and the team's roster will remain as presented for the 1st Monday cuts. (i.e. you lose those waiver pickups if you do not resubmit a balanced Salary by the deadline).

Important Note.

18. Eligible players for the waiver wire are any players cut from the time the first pick in the August draft through the end of the preceding February.

any questions?

well, one question I see is that the waiver date has not been set.

Should we do this

1st Monday - 1st cut

Following Friday morning - waivers posted

2nd Mondy - 2nd cuts

or do this

1st Monday - 1st cuts

2nd Monday - waivers posted

3rd Monday - 2nd cuts

Dan Sez:

1st Monday - 1st cuts

3rd Monday - 2nd cuts

I'm partial to this. I know I could use every possible minute to get news on my guys.

Question: Should we establish our franchise player before all this activity or by the second cut or what?

Orgazmo:

Dan Sez:

1st Monday - 1st cuts

3rd Monday - 2nd cuts

I'm partial to this. I know I could use every possible minute to get news on my guys.

Question: Should we establish our franchise player before all this activity or by the second cut or what?

What he said....

Franchise players don't come into effect until next season.

I posted the salary cost of rosters earlier, I'll bump them for you. There are 18 points to spend this year. Next year you can take a player out of the "cost" category, but it comes with its own penalities:

His salary still increments

If you wish to Franchise another player in the future, you must trade or release your former Franchise Player