Sign in to follow this  
Orgazmo

Trading picks Q

Dan, draft pick trading, when it occurs, can be fairly fast paced. I'd hate the draft to come to a screaching halt, due to my schedule, everytime someone wants to run a pick trade past me.

Since 99% of such trades are on the up and up, how about if the involved parties propose it in a thread and if you and jgalt both give it a thumbs up, the draft can progress.

Thoughts?

So, either O approves the trade or both Dan and I can jointly approve it? If we disagree, then do we wait for you to return or is it rejected?

If Dan makes a trade, do I have the ability to make the call or would we have to wait for you?

(We ought to decide this before we start on Monday.)

If Dan wants to call me up at work to make a selection, that's easy. But I usually have too many things happening at work to determine fairness of multiple picks, or players for picks, or whathaveyou.

When I get to the computer, I'll check in and be able to go over these things.

Until then, if you want to keep the fraft moving at a pace Dan is shooting for then you two should determine a third party voice now instead of later to account for your mentioned scenarios.

Well, here is how it is supposed to work. Trade proposals go to Orgazmo. He approves, vetos, tosses it to me to decide or can even put it before the body to vote.

If Orgazmo approves, the trade is completed with the caveat that the Assembly may reject it via the Challenge. A specific warning language is included that states owners maybe stuck with players taken by picks made during the draft.

Now I really don't expect this to happen for a variety of reasons - relatively savy group, experienced oversite people (Orgazmo and myself), hard to judge long term trades in dynasty setting means only really bad trades will get rejected.

If Orgazmo is involved in the trade, then I must serve as the Trade Czar function. Same procedures apply.

If I am involved in a trade, it is the same as anyone else, but I have no oversite review powers on the trade, so Orgazmo must approve it or it does not happen.

If Orgazmo and I are both involved in the trade then it must be approved by the Assembly. In this case it would cause a halt to the draft while we got an approval. All other cases would fall into the normal flow.

Whoisjgalt would fill my place if I am out of touch for extended periods of time (say off site all day and was not going to be on the web).

All trade info should route to Orgazmo first and if he is out of pocket, it falls back to me, and if I am no where to be found, then whoisjgalt will take the burden upon himself. That means we three especially have to keep each other informed about times on line and available for phonage and other messaging. I will try my best to defer to Orgazmo in the area of trades, but if during the draft, he is out of pocket for more than six hours and a trade comes up, I would step in and rule according.

I want to encourage trades and making a simple fast approval process is the goal. To the assembly, you have yearly oversite on the positions of Trade Czar and Vice Commish. If you feel these guys are railroading someone/something, then campaign and take one of the management positions next season.

I am trying to make a benevolent dictatorship. Any complaints, of course can be sent to me and I will maintain confidentiality.

-

Does that make sense?

Now back the the Speed thang. I do not want to be putting the whip to anyone. I can accept long periods when there will be no action. The one thing I do not accept is the lack of communication. There are 12 people who are changing their live-schedules to get this thing done in a reasonable time frame and we all should be considerate of this effort and give warning when you will be far away from phone, email or pager.

I want to work with everyone, not against them. I want to make this as fair as possible and to do that, I need everyone's attention.

Speed is nice, but if the price is aggrevation, then I would rather set a little slower pace. It is the August draft I would like to knock out in 3-4 days. We are just flight-testing our communication systems right now.

I hope that makes sense too.

O,

During the draft, while you are at work/out of pocket for extended periods of time, I would be taking your oversite position. I will ask whoisjgalt for advice as well (I really do appreciate your help to). Outside the draft, I want to defer to your judgement as much as possible. The Assembly has some time to challenge any ruling (even those made by myself). I put the warning in the rules about the results of a trade during the draft being overturned.

As stated in the rules, I can veto your approval and you can veto mind. That means we are in a world of hurt, and I don't forsee that happening. I believe we can make this work. I like to trade myself so only something outlandish would trigger my veto.

I trust you to play fair.

:D