Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Anyone want to tell me how I lost my 3rd round pick

You've got to be focking kidding me. I tell you what, how about I throw in an extra hundred or so to get it back. :mad:

What bugs me about this is that while I've been traveling the last couple of months, I've still got a couple hundred emails to go through. So Dan's communications are probably in there. Just ask Galt how out of touch I was. Today was the 1st day I've accessed the new site. I didn't even have my password.

And one more thing, there's multiple person's in this league that have my cell and work number. Dan himself called me numerous times during the 1st draft. As soon as I opened one of Dan's emails yesterday dealing with payment, it was taken care of.

I definitely don't want anyone to take any of this personally, but I won't be a nice as Scatter about it. I personally feel it's a crock of sh*t to "punish" any of us as if we were lowlifes.

well, maybe scatter is ;)

I have a major problem (T1/phone lines are down) so I will address this later tonight.

My opinion for what it is worth (basically nothing) is that the rules clearly state that a payment was due by the end of May. I think anyone that did not get a payment in on time should forfeit a pick. If not, then why the f have rules.

Originally posted by Longhorndd:

My opinion for what it is worth (basically nothing) is that the rules clearly state that a payment was due by the end of May.  I think anyone besides Swerski that did not get a payment in on time should forfeit a pick.  If not, then why the f have rules.

Agreed!

Originally posted by Longhorndd:

My opinion for what it is worth (basically nothing) is that the rules clearly state that a payment was due by the end of May.  I think anyone that did not get a payment in on time should forfeit a pick.  If not, then why the f have rules.

Alright, I'll address two more things then I'm done. Let's talk about these rules. I've heard Dan mention more than a few times that everyone has lives so he doesn't want to go overboard on this. Well, I might not have much of a life, but what I do have is consumed mostly by 12 hour/6 day a week work. The rest I try to mix in with my family. And then if I'm lucky, I get 10-11PM to myself (unless my wife is b*tching about something).

I guess my point is that it's pretty damn easy to let something slip your mind, especially in the Grapes of Wrath that is our rulebook. It would be different if I was spouting off bullsh*t excuses about the money. I FORGOT!..or never actually knew the date.

Secondly, (thanks for reminding me Swerski) if what you say about no excuses is true, than Swerski loses a pick also. I don't care if his woman used the cash for that boob job I've been begging her to get. No excuses.

You can understand my confusion and anger when I realized what was up, and how it went down. I'm just now getting my sh*t together, learning RTSports, etc. and I lose what I feel is a very important pick in a league with rosters this large. It still blows my mind that not one of you called me.

But hey, it's done. It's total BS, but it's done. And before anyone tries to pull the ol "you're being an ass" card, just ask Dan how much of an ass I've been on the phone. Not one bit.

Originally posted by shovelheadt:

... just ask Dan how much of an ass I've been on the phone. Not one bit.

You have been the soul of discretion.

I understand somewhat the anger. But your first defense is:

"I guess my point is that it's pretty damn easy to let something slip your mind, especially in the Grapes of Wrath that is our rulebook."

You should also add not reading threads on the boards. I have addressed all questions on the boards and thru emails as best as I can and will continue to do so.

Which is included in the claim that life is sometimes overwhelming. I agree it can be for me too. But still, one guy mentioned an illness of a child and I said, we can work it out - it got in on time, but this man cared enough to mention a potential problem. More than one of the league has family, wife and kids to deal with.

I am sorry it has come out this way. The majority seemed to catch on and respond. I probably caused myself more grief by practicing a little mercy. Would it be better to believe Swerski was lying in his intent to pay?

Well, I understand you are upset. You can be assured that any future cases will be viewed with this as a precedent.

Maybe I should have called you up on the phone. I do for the draft picks. I wish you would see the difference in drafting (the group is waiting, forcing my actions) and calling someone up for money (I am not a bill collector). I stated the rules and mentioned it enough times that most people had no problem complying.

Scatter was dropping in and out of contact and I should have taken more responsibility in reaching him. Maybe I should have tracked all those who participated in my "concept threads" and taken that as a flag to reach out more and communicate.

For that I am sorry and will try to be better in the future, if you let me.

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

For that I am sorry and will try to be better in the future, if you let me.

Tough luck, bub. You're out, BOUVE is the new sheriff in this town.

Originally posted by Bill Swerski:

Tough luck, bub.  You're out, BOUVE is the new sheriff in this town.

Bill, I am having a hard time here.

God, do I come across like Bouve?

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

Bill, I am having a hard time here.

God, do I come across like Bouve?

No, not at all. It was in response to your statement of "if you let me".

I respond in jest with you're out, BOUVE is in.

Hilarity failed to ensue. :mad: