Sign in to follow this  
Hog Chow

Draft Commentary -- Round 2

Originally posted by hellothere:

Sorry Orgazmo, it had to be done   :rolleyes:

As far as going WR/WR, i question that strat. in a league where you might start up to 8 WR?  How do you guys think this affects that?

It's OK. Moss shouldn't have been even that close too me. I could do worse than a young, fast, strong, injury free RB with no competition.

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

It's OK. Moss shouldn't have been even that close too me. I could do worse than a young, fast, strong, injury free RB with no competition.

Yeah i was seeing Willy G. or another guy, who im pretty surprised isn't off the board yet. Usually I make it a point to not talk about players until they are drafted, but i can not deny the glory that is...Jeff George, next QB taken, its a lock.

He was the last guy on my list for 2.06. Good pick. Tomlinson + Green is a great start.

Man i am loving the pace we are going at. GJ everyone. After praising that I will have to be away from the computer for about 1.5 hours or so. Don't think it will wrap back to me by then, but with the speed as of late, who knows?

2.11 - I was eyeing Manning. He went right before me. I already had Priest who is worth 2 players so I thought I could take a chance here. Davis still averaged 4 ypc in an offense that didnt want him. He's only 28 and this could be huge IMO. Worst case, 1000 yards, but possibly upwards of 1600. None of the other RBS available has this much upside.

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

Actually, I was thinking you'd go WR-WR.  I would have taken Harrison & Owens and been smiling.  You'd have locked up that position.  Just my opinion...

Obviously, the thought crossed my mind.

BUT....with Vick gone, I had to grab McNabb. After C-pep, there is a 6-7 point/game dropoff to the next tier (except for the old guy, but he is too old for that spot). The scoring in this league is VERY friendly to running QBs, so grabbing one of the best will be a big boost for me.

Same for Tiki...he was one of the last in my second tier with a dropoff of about 3-4 per game. Plus, he outscored all WRs and with the extreme flexibility we have, why not take him??

I went this direction, but I could certainly see going your direction. Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it!

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

Obviously, the thought crossed my mind.

BUT....with Vick gone, I had to grab McNabb.  After C-pep, there is a 6-7 point/game dropoff to the next tier (except for the old guy, but he is too old for that spot).  The scoring in this league is VERY friendly to running QBs, so grabbing one of the best will be a big boost for me.

Same for Tiki...he was one of the last in my second tier with a dropoff of about 3-4 per game.  Plus, he outscored all WRs and with the extreme flexibility we have, why not take him??

I went this direction, but I could certainly see going your direction.  Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it!

Yup. Good selections none-the-less.

Originally posted by Scatterjack:

2.11 - I was eyeing Manning. He went right before me. I already had Priest who is worth 2 players so I thought I could take a chance here. Davis still averaged 4 ypc in an offense that didnt want him. He's only 28 and this could be huge IMO. Worst case, 1000 yards, but possibly upwards of 1600. None of the other RBS available has this much upside.

I LOVE Davis as a player, but he's going to end up in Carolina....I hope he can succeed there.

Originally posted by hellothere:

After praising that I will have to be away from the computer for about 1.5 hours or so.  Don't think it will wrap back to me by then, but with the speed as of late, who knows?

Hmmm...he must have been held up longer than he thought, mnaybe he'll show up soon.

I LOVE Davis as a player, but he's going to end up in Carolina....I hope he can succeed there.

Hate to say "I told ya so", but....

Panthers agreed to terms with running back Stephen Davis, who had been with the Redskins, on a five-year contract.

The contract is worth $15.5 million, but Davis could receive as much as $3.6 million annually in incentives that could ultimately increase the contract's value to $36 million over five years. Davis only figures to be an average fantasy back until the Panthers upgrade the rest of their offense. This signing means that if DeShaun Foster comes back, he'll do so as a reserve.

Good luck, I honestly hope he succeeds there as I have him in another league.

Sorry Gaz...Price ain't going anywhere.  A team would have to give up TWO first round picks to get him since he has the franchise tag.

That being said, Reed has skills and will be just fine.  He'll probably be better next year than this, however.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Focker....I dont get 'em all right!

Actually I like Price even better in Atlanta, so THERE! :D

Hate to say "I told ya so", but....

Panthers agreed to terms with running back Stephen Davis, who had been with the Redskins, on a five-year contract.

The contract is worth $15.5 million, but Davis could receive as much as $3.6 million annually in incentives that could ultimately increase the contract's value to $36 million over five years. Davis only figures to be an average fantasy back until the Panthers upgrade the rest of their offense. This signing means that if DeShaun Foster comes back, he'll do so as a reserve.

Good luck, I honestly hope he succeeds there as I have him in another league.

I got no problem with that. Hell, even Lamar Smith put up very good numbers last year in Carolina the first few weeks till he got hurt.

What bothers me is Emmitt going to AZ, all indications were that Shipp was gonna be the man. I took a huge chance by drafting him when I did.......