Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheCheat

Tentative divisions?

Guest TheCheat

I updated the franchise location list and took a first cut at making divisions based on geography. There are a few obvious ones, and several of the franchises could be moved around (based on where the ? teams below are actually located).

ETA: UPDATORED How do these look?

East

Boston/Back Bay, MA ~ lasallax

Boston/Somerville, MA ~ Cheat

S. Carolina ~ Thm

The Great American South (Va.) ~ Smoov

North

Leaside, Ontario ~ Mike

Cantley, Quebec ~ Blitzen

Saratoga, NY ~ biggtyme

Buffalo, NY ~ Grigs

South

Tennessee ~ SteveMy

The Great American Texas ~ stoops

The Great American Texas, Also? ~ Dan

Athens, GA ~ Wildman

West

Fresno, CA ~ A's Gate

Denver, CO ~ Tankslap

Bend, OR ~ rex

Seattle, WA ~ roto

Back Bay = Area of Boston

Since there is already a Boston I could change it, I would just need to know if that is what has to happen.

I know DanSez is from Texas. Not sure if that's where his team will be based.

On another topic, this game needs just a little bit-o-preparation dontchathink? :o

I've played IDP before, and in the Dungeon league (that is a fair bit more complex than typical roto) but this takes the cake.

Guest TheCheat
Back Bay = Area of Boston

Since there is already a Boston I could change it, I would just need to know if that is what has to happen.

I wondered...nope, no prob. -- don't need to change. City of Champions deserves two franchises a la NY in this illustrious league. (My dome's in "bitchin' Somerville" anyway.) :o

Guest TheCheat
I know DanSez is from Texas. Not sure if that's where his team will be based.

On another topic, this game needs just a little bit-o-preparation dontchathink? :o

I've played IDP before, and in the Dungeon league (that is a fair bit more complex than typical roto) but this takes the cake.

Well, I found a logo and named my dome. I'm hoping the rest'll take care of itself. :ph34r:

:( :thumbsup: to the division set up, like it much.

As far as complexity, Gameday is no more complex than doing your last 5 years' worth of taxes with all the state and federal forms translated into Russian, and all you have is an abacus.

East

Boston/Back Bay, MA ~ lasallax

Boston/Somerville, MA ~ Cheat

S. Carolina ~ Thm

The Great American South ~ Smoov (Smoov, VA?)

Definitely VA!!!

I haven't decided exactly where but I believe I'm pretty safe as long as I don't get too close to DC. Richmond was the capital city of the confederacy but most of Virginia was considered to be "The South". Have to stay true to the "Dixie" in my name an' all.

As for the divisional breakdown...sounds good ta me!

Y'all come back now, hear!

roto definitely fits in the West division. He's from Seattle. That's going to be a ***** of a roadtrip.

Guest TheCheat
Can someone explain how playoffs etc. work in this league?

[squawk]P-Playoffs?[/squawk] I was wondering this too...from the UG:

If you are playing in a full-season playoff format league your schedule consist of a 14-week long “regular-season” that counts towards your league’s regular season standings. Weeks 15 and 16 for the NFL schedule are reserved for two playoff rounds.

In divisional format leagues, the division winners and wildcards (up to four teams total) make the playoffs. The higher ranked team always gets home-field advantage in each round of the playoffs. Division winners are always ranked higher than wildcards, regardless of record.

So, if we keep these divisions, it looks like it's gonna suxor for Thm, Smoov, and las. :angry:

;) for the divisions

You guys will know the meaning of "north" when you visit Cantley Coliseum. :ph34r: