Sign in to follow this  
Tusekan Raiders

Round 1 Comments

I was somewhat hoping Faulk would go ahead of me so I wouldn't have to make this decision. I'll probably regret it most the week I play Faulk, but I really think with an improved Seattle D, Alexander can produce more rushing yards, complementing his great ability to find the end zone.

The biggest deciding factor was I have Faulk in 2 other leagues, so I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

TR, I have Alexander in my two other leagues this year and I got him 1.07 both times. I'm pleased with him there because I have a hard time separating that group, but I tend to nudge Shaun up a little. However, in a couple mocks I've done, I haven't hesitated to take Marshall. He's become a risk/reward pick.

Owning run ricky run in three leagues already, played a large part in my taking Priest as well. Doesn't hurt that he plays for the Chiefs. wink

Edge might be a bit of a gamble, but I felt he provided great value at that spot, particularly if he is as healed as they wasy, and the Colt's O gets into high gear again...

t.j would have taken Edge had you not. I actually predicted he would get him in our email, and I am happy he didn't, because of the potential he would have had in Ricky/Edge. So thanks.

In regards to his 1.10 = SD

He'll never send me a list again wink

j/k, he's comfortable as can be expected with this choice.

t.j actually experienced a fantasy "moment of clarity" on an airplane and emailed the Davis pick to me.

I like the Davis pick, he was next on my list after Edge

im in the perfect position, the good o'l 8 slot. I'm happy with Henry and think he should see more passes with Larry Centers gone. Accounting for 80% of your teams TD's doesnt hurt either :D

Wow. I'm on the clock and it's most unexpected all wrs are there. I'll keep this rolling, but... I have to use the throne with my mocks and cheatsheets to make a decision I may regret...

Those of you who know from season's past, know I love Taylor's potential. He was the no brainer for me here, but his downside has me contemplating the round two opener. BRB.

Yeah, I'll open the round two thread in five minutes... really in debate here over a couple guys and a future pick ramifications. Thank God this isn't exactly live.

I'm definitely happy with Ahman. There's not much you can do in the 11th spot but hope somebody slips, didn't happen. But I still got me a solid back.

Second time I've been asked today.

This is and always will be a redraft. I'll update the format and rules thread in a few minutes and provide answers to some other questions...

GOOD MORNING!

Happy with landing Portis, but seeing as how the difference between the elite 8 is sooooo miniscule, would have preferred a later pick. Really curious to see what's gonna be around at 2.9.

I cannot say how I feel until I turn the corner between three and four. :confused:

I doubt I've ever looked at so many options and studied so many mocks in my life.

Zap:

t.j would have taken Edge had you not. I actually predicted he would get him in our email, and I am happy he didn't

I knew I wouldn't get Edge. I was 90% sure I'd get the 10th guy on my draft board, the only quesiton was who was that guy going to be. I feel "ok" with the Davis pick. I'll be happy as long as he outperforms Green who I had initially put at that spot. Anyone else I won't feel bad, so many choices, all about the same IMO when weighing risk/reward. :D

t.j:

Zap:

t.j would have taken Edge had you not. I actually predicted he would get him in our email, and I am happy he didn't

I knew I wouldn't get Edge. I was 90% sure I'd get the 10th guy on my draft board, the only quesiton was who was that guy going to be. I feel "ok" with the Davis pick. I'll be happy as long as he outperforms Green who I had initially put at that spot. Anyone else I won't feel bad, so many choices, all about the same IMO when weighing risk/reward. :D
Yeah, tough spot no doubt. 15 running backs in two very distinct tiers yet nearly impossible to rank within their tiers. Drafting at the beginning of those tiers is not comfortable. I could have taken several different combinations than the one I did and had the same confidence I feel with Taylor/Lewis. I am still surprised I didn't catch a break with Harrison or Owens before me.