Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Looks like a close one

StatTracker scores it Jumpers 72.60, Machine 69.72. Adding tackles and Ed Reed's blocked kick and TD, I think the Machine lead by about 6 and a half. Left tomorrow are Toomer and Barrow for me, and McCardell for the Machine.

Aqua Boldin Rox.

See what I mean about RoyRoy? NFL.com is not showing his pick, a half a sack, and I SAW three passes defended. I'll bet he doesn't get them.

I posted mid 120s and won comfortably. A win that I needed.

Zap:

Aqua Boldin Rox.

See what I mean about RoyRoy? NFL.com is not showing his pick, a half a sack, and I SAW three passes defended. I'll bet he doesn't get them.

Well, I only saw bits and pieces of the Dallas/Carolina game so I cannot attest to what you are saying about him not getting credit for his plays. I do know that the official stat guys always have very different opinions from me as to what constitutes a dropped pass, so I can't see why passes defended and whatnot would be any less arbitrary. At least they gave him credit for his interception. :(

But, I can admit my mistake, it was a good trade for you and not for me. That's actually what I logged on to post about just now. I figured Dallas would be playing more D in the second half of their season with that schedule. And I figured Boldin would tire as the season wore on, instead he has gotten stronger. One of the reasons I made the trade was that I'm not sure I would have started Boldin last week or even this week.

This may be off topic, but talk about close...the standings are ridiculously close in this league. If Kerry Collins and Strahan can help me outscore the Mongrels this week, I could leap-frog from 7th to 4th place. C'mon Collins, ya dumb som-biatch! :(

t.j:

Zap:

Aqua Boldin Rox.

Well, I only saw bits and pieces of the Dallas/Carolina game so I cannot attest to what you are saying about him not getting credit for his plays. I do know that the official stat guys always have very different opinions from me as to what constitutes a dropped pass, so I can't see why passes defended and whatnot would be any less arbitrary. At least they gave him credit for his interception. :)

But, I can admit my mistake, it was a good trade for you and not for me. That's actually what I logged on to post about just now. I figured Dallas would be playing more D in the second half of their season with that schedule. And I figured Boldin would tire as the season wore on, instead he has gotten stronger. One of the reasons I made the trade was that I'm not sure I would have started Boldin last week or even this week.

On the missing half sack, it was a play made on a blitz with Nguyen. I guess the interpretation is that Delhomme was running and therefore not sackable, but that's pretty speculative. Nguyen got picked up, Williams forced Jake out of the pocket, tripped him up. He's tackled if nobody else touches him, but he is then piled on by Glover and Nguyen. This explains the odd number of assists (5) credited to Dallas. Had Jake not been tripped by Roy, he would have "then" been sackable, because he was still looking down field. Logically, it has to be half a sack. Maybe because they cannot record 3 halves they scored it like this? Whatever, this has been typical of Roy all year, and I have a couple conspiracy theories. But first, he deflected a pass on another blitz, he batted a ball down over the middle, and he jarred a ball loose from Mush. That's three passes defended. Period. There's no question that Roy has not been given three (3!!!) forced fumbles, another half sack, and a tackle that cost me a game by .46 in another league. Two of the forced fumbles cost me a game in this league. I've dropped Roy in one league, traded him here, and live with the injustice elsewhere.

Theory: The Cowboys statistician is in a fierce battle against Roy's owner is his fantasy league. :(

Theory: Roy had an affair with the satistician's wife.

Anyway, I got lucky on the trade. I preferred three of your receivers to Anquan, but was still happy to get him.

We'll see if they do scoring adjustments but I have it me by about 2 right now.

How many times did Barrow tackle McCardell tonight? :( It had to be at least 4 or 5 :)