Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheCheat

Ok, now that the shelves have

Guest TheCheat

...largely been stocked, and various bugs have been navigated around, how do you feel about your team, 1 - 10?

Not how good you think your team *is* or how it will do necessarily, just how good you feel about how it's put together, w/r/t schemes you're gonna run, etc.

I actually kinda like my team and am thinking 8 1/2 - 9.

Unless/until Bulger gets maimed/crippled. In which case, I'd have to bump that down just a bit to, say, 3. Fortunately tho, that STL O-line looks as impregnable as ever. :ph34r:

The honest truth is...I give my team about a 5 or 6.

I just haven't paid enough attention to all the effing nuances this game presents.

I really like my D - match them up against anyone.

But my O is very very iffy.

Looking forward to about weeks 4 or 5 when people start thinking about trades.

Having never played an IDP type league before, I focused too much (time and money) on the defensive side - but it is a strong lineup and baring a terrible string of injuries (knock something on wood for me guys :thumbsdown: ) it should be the thing that keeps me in competition for the season.

My Wide Outs are not good. Again, focusing so much money and time on defense, I let too many opportunities slip by.

My Running Backs are a little better after the first rush of post FAB pickups

R. Williams MIA, M. Bennett, MIN, S. Davis CAR - all at one time might have been considered in the top ten of running backs, well, maybe not Bennett but I digress... Time warp my lineup back about three years and it would have been killer.

Yeah, yeah, back in the day, yadda yadda, yadda - so I am dependant on some spares actually making sparks for this team to truely be competitive.

I'd give me a 6.5 with the stronger defense and a shakey (Run Rickey Run Like the Wind) Offense.

I'd say around 8-9. I wanted to get a very good D and a good running game for my frosty stadium. My D definitely rocks (just improved it a little more post FAB)and I think my running game will be fine. I'm hoping Hass' first week was a bit of a glitch (although Atlanta is also a challenge this week). My WRs are nothing extraordinary but I think I have upside there and I wasn't expecting to get great WRs anyway.

I think I would have to give my Devils a 6 or 7.

I too spent a little too much on D but part of that was the sheer number of guys that you need to play on that side of the ball. I feel my D-Line is somewhat weak with a strong LB and DB corp behind 'em.

Offensively I have pretty much all second-rate WRs, 1 good & 1 risky RB, and a QB that hasn't looked good quite yet. :thumbsdown:

Time will tell all!

I better get to learn to like it regardless, 'cause I have the same corp for the next year or more after this season finishes. :ph34r:

I'd give myself / my team a 7 or so. First time with IDP here too, and while I *knew* from some analysis that I needed to load up on high performing LBs and DBs in order to do well, I lost out on too many of those top performers by trying to stick to a strict budget. Since I shelled out a whopping 20% of my FAB budget on one player, it really strangled any shopping sprees I would have liked at other positions (on defense primarily). I remember thinking that when I finally landed a top WR (Harrison), that if I hadn't landed him I'd be screwed. He was the last of the top tier WRs...I'd lost out on the rest, and could have paid *less* for someone better.

I'm hoping that my defense steps it up a notch in the next few weeks, and that I can scheme adequately to give myself an extra edge. Still flying a extremely blind, and I'm trying to figure out the best balance between being unpredictable and maximizing my scheme bonus.

Guest TheCheat
I rememer thinking that when I finally landed a top WR (Harrison), that if I hadn't landed him I'd be screwed.  He was the last of the top tier WRs...I'd lost out on the rest, and could have paid *less* for someone better.

A-MEN, brother. You and I dueled for Harrison and probably jacked the price on each other 'cuz we were both feeling that way, what w/ most of the 1s & 1As already off the board. (I couldn't *believe* how much the WRs were going for...I had their relative worth much lower initially, but there's nothing like a market to make that useless.)

I panicked a bit when you won that one, given my half-constructed dome, uppity passing-game plans, and Bulger giving me dirty looks but, fortunately I was able to pay too much for Wayne as a consolation prize. :thumbsup: :cheers:

I panicked a bit when you won that one, given my half-constructed dome, uppity passing-game plans, and Bulger giving me dirty looks but, fortunately I was able to pay too much for Wayne as a consolation prize. :wall: :thumbsup:

Just think, every time Wayne gets a TD, so does my QB :wall: Too bad I won't see Boston until the playoffs :blink:

I would have to rate my team in the 5 range. I am not happy at all with how my d stacks up, it is not nearly as flexible as I was hoping for. What definately happened was a budget that looked great on paper, but got blown to hell when the LBs started going for more than I expected. So now I feel like I have to stretch them a little too thin to try and match-up to my opposition.

The other side of the ball is what is making this game fun. If it were just the FAB, I think I would be in trouble (and would then have given my team a rating of 3), but the FA minus the B was fruitful. Watch out for special teams as well, I haven't looked that closely at teams that I won't be playing for a few weeks, but I wonder how many games will be lost because KRs and Punters don't perform.

Still, so far so good...we should have teams rate themselves at the half-way point as well once the strategies have beenplayed w/ and the injuries start to take their toll.

Upon further revue, I have to downgrade my team strength considerably. Peg me around the 3.5 zone :thumbsup:

No RBs No WRs worth bragging about. With the artificial RB fatigue rule (surprise, surprise, surprise, that ain't my finger, either) I can't compete. I barely have enough to man 1 RB slot much less two. This will be a long year.